Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:13 PM Last edited by VSConcepts : 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:25 PM.
I'd like to commission some custom content...
I've been working in Photoshop to create mock-ups of several things I'd love to have available to me in the Sims4. Some of which is original content, and some of which is made by vectoring pre-existing items found via Google. Some of which I haven't done mock-ups for at all - but just have a concrete idea, based on an existing element I'd like to see modified and/or styled differently.. I haven't seen a page full of people who do offer their services in exchange for cash.. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Included a small version, of an example as to what I'm referring to, for mock-ups.
And I made the BG, but downloaded the 'base' model from the internet, just as a form to which to build off of for clothing, etc.

I'd like to note that while I have Blender on my Mac, I'm not proficient with it.. Really I have no experience creating 3D things. Not my forte..
I do not own Windows, nor have/will I partitioned my MacBook Pro, run Windows.. Hence the willingness to part with cash - to pay someone else for their effort and time.. So, to clarify. I have ideas. I don't have the skill or inclination to create the Mods from those ideas. I'd like to see/find someone who can convert those ideas into usable Mods/CC for me (and even others?) to use. In exchange for some money.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:21 PM
Er....if I'm reading that right, you're trying to sell your CC? You might have come to the wrong site for that. Everything here is free.....as custom content should be :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Er....if I'm reading that right, you're trying to sell your CC? You might have come to the wrong site for that. Everything here is free.....as custom content should be :/
No.. Not sell. Looking to find someone who can take my flat mock-ups - and turn them into usable Mod/CC for the game. Paying them to actually create the mod itself, from my ideas/flat images or psd's..
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:24 PM
No, he's trying to pay someone to turn his model into CC. However, if I were you, OP, I'd just watch some cc tutorials since you've already got somewhat of a base for a mesh, and do it yourself, for free.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
No, he's trying to pay someone to turn his model into CC. However, if I were you, OP, I'd just watch some cc tutorials since you've already got somewhat of a base for a mesh, and do it yourself, for free.
I have Blender.. I am not sure though really how to use it. Not familiar with it at all. If I can find someone who can convert the *.PSD into a usable mod, that would be great. The mesh I got, yes.. But only as a 3D object which I opened up in Photoshop. It rotates fully, which is great, but I don't know how to make the garments I cover it with - actually function...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
And I just want to make objects/clothing into the mod. I just used the 'base model' to sorta form the shapes for the clothing, etc..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VSConcepts
No.. Not sell. Looking to find someone who can take my flat mock-ups - and turn them into usable Mod/CC for the game. Paying them to actually create the mod itself, from my ideas/flat images or psd's..

Ah okay. My bad.

You seem to have done most of the work already. I don't know how to make custom meshes but I'm sure what you're trying to do is just a simple youtube tutorial away. And if not, I'm sure somebody would be willing to help you without you having to pay them.

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Ah okay. My bad.

You seem to have done most of the work already. I don't know how to make custom meshes but I'm sure what you're trying to do is just a simple youtube tutorial away. And if not, I'm sure somebody would be willing to help you without you having to pay them.
I'm hoping for that.. Hence this post.. Hoping someone responds who can help. I mention money because I have a bunch of items and clothing I'd like to have created for use..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 10:36 PM
A bit of advice: If someone actually takes you up on the money offer, be sure to check out the content they've made before you agree. If they haven't made any at all, then don't make any agreement with them at all. You'll want to be sure that the person really knows what they're doing. It would be a shame to pay someone for inferior work. (I'm really hoping that nobody will actually accept money from you though. That goes against the spirit of this site in a big way. Then again, what goes on in a private conversation... just sayin'.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
A bit of advice: If someone actually takes you up on the money offer, be sure to check out the content they've made before you agree. If they haven't made any at all, then don't make any agreement with them at all. You'll want to be sure that the person really knows what they're doing. It would be a shame to pay someone for inferior work. (I'm really hoping that nobody will actually accept money from you though. That goes against the spirit of this site in a big way. Then again, what goes on in a private conversation... just sayin'.)
Free, is my favorite.. But I have like.. A "LIST", of at least 10-15 things I'd like to enhance my experience, objects and clothing both.. And that's a lot of time someone would put into creating. I freelance doing graphic design. I like to get paid for my time. I wouldn't blame someone for wanting compensation for theirs. :-D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:59 AM
Moving this to Create > CAS since the screenshot in #1 shows a CAS item. The discussion forum is for gameplay discussion; please use the Create section for anything to do with custom content creation.

This site isn't really a good place for commercial CC creation .. maybe what you could do is post the textures/meshes you already have in the Resources forum?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Moving this to Create > CAS since the screenshot in #1 shows a CAS item. The discussion forum is for gameplay discussion; please use the Create section for anything to do with custom content creation.

This site isn't really a good place for commercial CC creation .. maybe what you could do is post the textures/meshes you already have in the Resources forum?

What I am trying to do, is commission an artist to create Custom Content for me - based on my Mock-Ups. I am not selling anything. Nor am I trying to show off any custom content I have created.. I am not trying to do anything except find an artist who doesn't have a Mac - who can use your Creation tool in conjunction with Blender - to actually make a *.PSD file, into a .package file - for my Sims 4 game.

1. I am good at Photoshop.
2. I have a Macbook Pro.
3. I have Blender for Mac.
4. I do NOT have my Macbook partitioned/Bootcamped.
5. I cannot run Sims4Studio or the TSR equivalent.
6. Even if I could, I just really lack the skills.
7. I want to give someone money.. To take My IDEAS.. And Convert them into usable Mods, CC, *.package files, etc..

Is this not an easy concept to grasp?! Why am I repeating the core concept, but not getting any actual assistance.
Posting in the forum is a complete waste of time. No actual help, just... Just crap really. Now my inquiry is being moved because why?!
It's like... No one reads.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:14 PM
Now my inquiry is being moved because why?!

Because it was in the completely wrong section to start with (Discussion is about gameplay discussion, not about creating CC in any way shape or form). Putting your post in a forum that is more likely to be read by creators is about all I can do to help you.

It's like... No one reads.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:55 PM
To be fair I don't think there is a section where it couldn't potentially be ruled off topic. If she'd posted in a creation forum she was just as likely to risk being told it was for people trying to make their own stuff. I guess WCIF might have been the closest fit. At least that section would tend to be read by creators looking for ideas, some of whom might not mind getting a bit of pocket money in the process.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:05 PM
WCIF is used by people looking for existing stuff, as far as I can see. Any requests for non-existing stuff would normally be deleted from there.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
To be fair I don't think there is a section where it couldn't potentially be ruled off topic. If she'd posted in a creation forum she was just as likely to risk being told it was for people trying to make their own stuff. I guess WCIF might have been the closest fit. At least that section would tend to be read by creators looking for ideas, some of whom might not mind getting a bit of pocket money in the process.

I'm a HE.
I've posted the same original mock-up as I what I put on this thread, over on my deviantART account.
I don't have many friends there who are into this sort of thing, but I'm hoping the extra exposure will lead me to someone..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#17 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:47 AM
WCIF wouldn't have been the best place for this topic. Creators DO look in WCIF threads looking for ideas, I've done that myself. But I don't think that's an everyday thing. It's fine here I think.

@VSConcepts
You could try adding a link to this thread to your signature. Something like "TS4 - Looking for a collaborator. Interested? Check here!!" with a link. That might interest someone enough to click the link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
WCIF wouldn't have been the best place for this topic. Creators DO look in WCIF threads looking for ideas, I've done that myself. But I don't think that's an everyday thing. It's fine here I think.

@VSConcepts
You could try adding a link to this thread to your signature. Something like "TS4 - Looking for a collaborator. Interested? Check here!!" with a link. That might interest someone enough to click the link.

Well... Here goes: I'm reaching out hoping to find someone who can take the ideas in my head, and translate them into actual working/functioning Mods.
I can create the idea in Photoshop, but I have no skills with turning them into 3D objects, nor any skills/experience/capability (i'm on a Mac), of converting them into Custom Content.. SO... I posted an example of one of my 'ideas', here in my my deviantART gallery..