Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 2:46 AM Last edited by CasaNova73099 : 7th Oct 2016 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Issue Resolved Via Origin game advisor

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Not able to access all expansions/stuff packs since Origin update (SOLVED)
I'm not even sure how to categorize this problem, but I'm hoping that others may have experienced something similar and have found a way to resolve it. I have also posed this question both on the Sims Forums and on Origin, but again, I'm hoping that others may have a solution...

I got a new laptop yesterday (10/5/16) and had to reinstall a number of my programs and games. I had forgotten that over the years I had purchased TS3 and a number of expansions/stuff packs on one account, and the rest on another, but it never posed a problem before as the launcher always recognized that I had purchased the packs in question and the game would start up as normal. Then Origin changed its look (and I suppose the way it functions too) and now I can't run the game the way I used to. For example, on one account, I have the base game and all expansion/stuff packs except for Into the Future, Fast Lane Stuff, Movie Stuff, Town Life Stuff, and the 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. If I want to see this content in-game, I have to close out of TS3, log out of Origin, then log back in under the 2nd account. The Sims 3 Launcher will then announce that there are "new packs detected" and that I should visit the Expansion and Stuff Pack Manager to choose which packs to play with. But surprise, surprise! Now everything else is missing, except Into the Future, Fast Lane Stuff, Movie Stuff, Town Life Stuff, and the 70s, 80s, 90s stuff. If I click on the button on the bottom left (the one that says "Install Packs: if you "don't see your packs", it opens Origin and shows all of the Sims 3 related content. Now the expansions and packs that I owned on one account have a price tag under them, indicating that I now have to purchase them to access them. If I then log out of this 2nd account and go back to the previous one, INF, and the above mentioned packs appear as purchased, but then everything else is "locked" and requires purchasing again to play.

There's absolutely NO WAY I'm repurchasing content that I already own. Therefore can something suggest what can be done to fix this?

UPDATE: Thankfully, one of Origin's/EA game advisers was able to transfer the stuff/expansion packs from one account to another with not too much hassle. It pays to hold onto all emails detailing purchases you've made, even if it was over 3 years ago!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:21 AM
Try Origin chat support. I've always had good experiences dealing with them, and if anything can be done about it, I think they can.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 9:46 PM
hi, I am having the exact same problem, with one difference, I don't know what you mean by '2nd account'? but other than that, I have the EPs that I have, and two of them won't show up in origin, not to mention the fact that I never, NEVER used to launch the game through origin, I mean, why is it even there? only now that I've got this brand new custom built super computer and I can't load the game I used to play!!! I am tearing my hair in frustration, I've been on to origin, they don't seem to understand what my problem is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aladhruin
hi, I am having the exact same problem, with one difference, I don't know what you mean by '2nd account'? but other than that, I have the EPs that I have, and two of them won't show up in origin, not to mention the fact that I never, NEVER used to launch the game through origin, I mean, why is it even there? only now that I've got this brand new custom built super computer and I can't load the game I used to play!!! I am tearing my hair in frustration, I've been on to origin, they don't seem to understand what my problem is.

Hey. By second account, I actually had two different accounts with Origin and had brought different games and expansion packs between the two of them.

As for your issue with never having to use Origin to start up the game, I forget how long ago (it hasn't always been the case as I used to be able to just click on the game icon on my desktop to start it up too), but Origin made some updates so now you have to be logged into Origin to access the game. They changed the way games and expansions show up too. Basically the base game and expansion/stuff packs are all under one section, so check under your TS3 game icon in the game library of Origin, and you should (hopefully) see the expansions you bought.