Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 5:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets
Default Laucher installs only some CC from store; other CC gets failure message
I recently reinstalled my Sims 3 game. Origin was updated to the newest version when I did so. Everything was working fine. Until I started trying to install custom content from the Sims 3 store through the launcher. Most of the items installed successfully, but the remainder did not; On the worlds and items that didn't install, I got an error that said "Installation failed" and that I might need to update my game to the newest version. This does not make any sense to me because I am already patched to 1.69, and because the launcher successfully installed half of the CC into the game with no trouble, so their can't really be an issue with updating a patch, can there be? Most posts I have read with a similar issue, people are saying their launcher isn't installing anything, but my launcher installed a little more than half the CC without issue.

I have read on the help forums what people have suggested to fix this, and so far none of it has worked for me. I can't update Origin or my game any further. I tried deleting a DCCache file and other cache files. I even tried downloading the Super Patch, but it said that there was an error. So my question is, does anyone know how to fix this? And also, if I can't fix the launcher, is their a way for me to manually install my Sims 3 Store worlds and objects?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-AalyahReed

~AalyahReed~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 6:29 PM
A word of caution: you probably have heard this already, but none of the content from the exchange is moderated or scanned for errors, some files are corrupted, have accidentally included content from other Sims games, or have other errors.

If you don't have it yet, it would be good to get Delphy's CUSTARD program, it's a sims3pack cleaner. You can scan the files before installing them, and if there are files within the sims3pack that are glitched, you can remove them and then resave the sims3pack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
A word of caution: you probably have heard this already, but none of the content from the exchange is moderated or scanned for errors, some files are corrupted, have accidentally included content from other Sims games, or have other errors.

If you don't have it yet, it would be good to get Delphy's CUSTARD program, it's a sims3pack cleaner. You can scan the files before installing them, and if there are files within the sims3pack that are glitched, you can remove them and then resave the sims3pack.

Hi @orose I don't download from the exchange for that very reason, but I have purchased content from the Sims 3 Store, made by EA. That is the custom content that I am trying to install into my game. As of this time, I don't have any other CC in my game except for EA CC.

What I am confused about is that the installer in the launcher will install some EA CC, but for the rest it will say that I need to update my software. My software is all updated, and it doesn't make since that it will install some EA CC and not others. I have tried installing each piece of CC individually rather than in a group, but that hasn't worked, either.

~AalyahReed~
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 2:35 AM
@AalyahReed that's super strange. I know you said you just re-installed, but have you already reintroduced any mods, if you have them? If so, some of the steps here may be helpful. Also, it mentions leftover Origin install files that can cause errors and mentions where to find them.

Also, this thread was from people dealing with the same kind of problem and some of them seem to have found a resolution using the steps outlined in the thread and then re-downloading their store content through the in game download dashboard.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 4:20 AM
Decrapfrying your sims 3 packs works with store content that say that error I know that first word is misspelled. But is close is enough.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:33 AM
The launcher is very finicky and delicate. I take these steps:
1. Download items, then turn off your internet. The launcher works better if it is not online.
2. Only keep items that I am installing at the moment in the download file. All other files are moved to different location for backup.
3. The launcher doesn't like to install too much content at a time, so limit it to one world or six sets or twenty objects at one time, move installed stuff out of download file, then install the next batch.
Read more at Crinrict's site:http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...lls-itself.html

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:13 PM
Thank you, @orose and @attuned, I will try these tips and see if they solve my problem!

~AalyahReed~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:54 PM
Unfortunately, neither solution worked for me. I don't have any mods, but I did delete leftover Origin installation files. I also tried both crinrict solutions, with no improvement. And one of the solutions made me uninstall all my custom content that I had previously successfully installed, so now I have no CC installed in the game now, and the launcher is giving me the error message for everything now.

I do really appreciate everyone's help. I am just so frustrated! Why does Origin/Electronic Arts make us jump through hoops of fire in order to play their games?!?

~AalyahReed~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 6:03 PM
Also, is there a way to install my downloads from the Sims 3 store manually, like what can be done when installing 3rd party CC? Or is that impossible with a sims3pack? I'm trying to think of some other options before I have to talk myself in to doing a full re-install (if that would even fix the problem).

~AalyahReed~
Site Helper
#10 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM
At this point, I would get Delphy's Multi-installer and use it on everything that doesn't absolutely have to stay in Sims3pack form.

I don't know about the rest.

Edit: I think the actual Store objects probably need to stay as a Sims3pack. I haven't tried the multi-installer on them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:30 AM
Origin has an option to "repair game". Have you tried that?
Even though a reinstall is almost never necessary, perhaps your recent installation of TS3 was faulty.
You can try to reinstall just the base game, and then try to install some store items and see if this fixes the problem.
1. uninstall
2. clean registry
3. reinstall

If you double click on a sims3pack file, it brings up the launcher and installs the sims3pack. I have seen this work for some people, instead of starting the launcher directly.
Sims3packs that are not store items can be converted into package format and placed in mods folder. Use the program Ghost mentioned above.
Store content is encrypted and can only be converted into package files by decrapifying the file, which creates a different set of issues.
As a last resort, you can try that.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 3:53 PM
Thank you everyone so much for your help. I will try to use Origin's "repair" option for the game. If that doesn't work, I think I'm looking at a full re-install.

~AalyahReed~