Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Please help!!! I need help with failure when starting the game

I have installed the mod master controller and when I start the game I get the following error that will be shown in the photo of the following link. If I remove the mod from the folder, the game starts well.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
What gameversion are you on, and are you using the latest version of master controller?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What gameversion are you on, and are you using the latest version of master controller?

I play version 1.67 and the mod is for that version.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:41 PM
Do you also have the MC Progression add-on module? That one is a bridge between the MasterController and StoryProgression mods. It will crash the game on startup every time if BOTH MC and SP base mods are not also present.

If that isn't it, I can see from your TS3 desktop shortcut that you have a pirated install of the game. I'm very sorry, but NRaas mods are not supported on those and although not exactly intentional some (like MC) can be very sensitive and will not work on them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Do you also have the MC Progression add-on module? That one is a bridge between the MasterController and StoryProgression mods. It will crash the game on startup every time if BOTH MC and SP base mods are not also present.

If that isn't it, I can see from your TS3 desktop shortcut that you have a pirated install of the game. I'm very sorry, but NRaas mods are not supported on those and although not exactly intentional some (like MC) can be very sensitive and will not work on them.

Yes, I had StoryProgression and I had to remove it because this mod is giving me the error, but I need that mod a lot, what can I do?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:57 AM Last edited by igazor : 28th Aug 2018 at 1:12 AM.
MasterController is a base mod. It has several optional add-on modules (MC Cheats, MC Integration, MC Progression, etc.). MC Progression is not StoryProgression, that is a different base mod. The MC Progression module cannot be used unless you have both the MasterController base mod and the StoryProgression base mod in place, and without both base mods the add-on wouldn't have anything to do anyway.

But again, I can only repeat the above info as I try to clarify it as running with the add-on module but no StoryProgression base mod would crash the game for anyone, but that's about all we can offer. Remove the add-on module if you have it or put StoryProgression in so that both base mods are present.

Is that not The Sims 3 "Complete Collection" showing on your desktop? The Complete Collection is not sanctioned by EA and is illegitimate, it is a resold or from some sources free pirated version of the game and its store content. Besides having other technical issues, as far as I know many mods will not work on it. Again sorry, but there is no support to be had for NRaas mods on illegitimate installs of the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
MasterController is a base mod. It has several optional add-on modules (MC Cheats, MC Integration, MC Progression, etc.). MC Progression is not StoryProgression, that is a different base mod. The MC Progression module cannot be used unless you have both the MasterController base mod and the StoryProgression base mod in place, and without both base mods the add-on wouldn't have anything to do anyway.

But again, I can only repeat the above info as I try to clarify it as running with the add-on module but no StoryProgression base mod would crash the game for anyone, but that's about all we can offer. Remove the add-on module if you have it or put StoryProgression in so that both base mods are present.

Is that not The Sims 3 "Complete Collection" showing on your desktop? The Complete Collection is not sanctioned by EA and is illegitimate, it is a resold or from some sources free pirated version of the game and its store content. Besides having other technical issues, as far as I know many mods will not work on it. Again sorry, but there is no support to be had for NRaas mods on illegitimate installs of the game.

Thank you very much, the game gave me an error because I installed MC Progression, now install the corresponding mod and it works great for me.
I thought that MC progression was StoryProgression.
I find it strange that the mod does not work if before with the pirated game it worked, but that was the error, install a mod that was not the corresponding one.
Locked thread