Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game Crashes After Launcher
mkay so my game won't launch. it literally crashes after I click play. I installed something before that and thought what if that's what is making me not play my game but the launcher ALSO won't let me uninstall the items I added.

I followed what I google searched and something came up from EA FAQ so once I put my stuff back it started doing it again (ps when I took everything out, the game started but the launcher still wouldn't let me uninstall the items I put it). I don't want to have to delete everything so is there anything else I could do? is there another way to delete the items without uninstalling it from the launcher? in the past I had deleted something without uninstalling from the launcher and my launcher just kept crashing.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flloetryresident
mkay so my game won't launch. it literally crashes after I click play. I installed something before that and thought what if that's what is making me not play my game but the launcher ALSO won't let me uninstall the items I added.

I followed what I google searched and something came up from EA FAQ so once I put my stuff back it started doing it again (ps when I took everything out, the game started but the launcher still wouldn't let me uninstall the items I put it). I don't want to have to delete everything so is there anything else I could do? is there another way to delete the items without uninstalling it from the launcher? in the past I had deleted something without uninstalling from the launcher and my launcher just kept crashing.

You can go to the game's downloads folder, or Sims 3's downloads folder in documents.That's where all the sims3packs are, and delete what you installed in in the launcher.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
You can go to the game's downloads folder, or Sims 3's downloads folder in documents.That's where all the sims3packs are, and delete what you installed in in the launcher.

so I go to the library folder? when I delete the items from my downloads folder, it just deletes it from that folder, its still in my game in the installed content in the launcher. I would do it from the library but I don't know which item it is or if its even in the folder.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 1:22 PM
Uhm...not quite, no. Sims3packs that are sitting in Downloads are read by the Launcher only. The game itself ignores that folder. The pack content may or may not be installed already. Once installed, they do not have to stay in Downloads at all, most of us move them out and store them elsewhere.

When sims3pack content is already installed, it lives in DCCache in automatically arranged bundles, which is where the Launcher reads content as having been installed. The dbc files are already installed CC. The ebc files are already installed TS3 store content. Removing the original sims3packs from Downloads does not remove the already installed content from DCCache, and therefore does not remove anything from the game.

The Library folder would be lots and households as viewed in the bins in Edit Town, not sure how that got into the picture all of a sudden. The InstalledWorlds folder would be the underlying .world files for installed worlds. Everything else that was Launcher installed would be in DCCache.

If the Launcher is crashing while trying to traverse already installed content (not Downloads), then one or more of the dbc or ebc bundle files already in DCCache has gone bad and needs to be removed. One problem is that doing so will remove all content that happens to be in that bundle from the game. The other problems is that the Launcher can only display a finite number of items so if there are a lot of dbc and ebc files, one has to pull them all out and put them back in one a time (renumbered 0 so it will be read) to be able to inspect everything that way.

Sometimes we know that the last thing we just installed is causing an issue so it's really only the highest numbered dbc file we have to worry about. Sometimes it's best to just give up, pull them all out, and reinstall all of the content. This is why so many players prefer to convert sims3pack content to packages to be installed in the Mods\Packages folder instead as they are so much easier to work with that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:44 PM
Finally found the issue! After spending all day yesterday and today I had found out that I had gotten these Dirty Shoes Decor that I saw on Lana CC. For now on i'm gonna make a separate folder for items I just put into my game and then if everything works out, move it into the folders I had organized.

Thank you both for your help! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So it turned out to be a package file? and not a Sim3pack? How did it prevent your launcher from working?

I had also installed items on the launcher from around the sims, and I had forgotten that I had added that item in my mods folder. it took a lot of tries but I had put those shoes in a folder for room clutter and when the game wouldn't start when I added that folder it hit me that I added the dirty shoes in there lol. As for my game not being able to start, I have no idea why it wouldn't start. I ended up with a lot of crash files in the sims 3 folder.