Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 9:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default When hosting a party, most sims just stand outside the front door.
Every time I host a party, most of the guests stand in front of the door even after inviting them in. I posted an image for reference. How do I fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 1:29 AM
That's also a huge amount of invites (and party crashers no doubt). One way to get past the bottlenecks at the designated front door through which only sim at a time can enter is to invite over half of them over socially a few sim hours before the party begins. They become party guests instantly one hour before if they are on the lot at that time and then don't have to stand in line to get in because they are already there.

Guests arriving during party time will need to make their way through the front door and will then tend to gravitate to wherever the sim is who called/arranged for the party. They don't have to do that if they are already onsite.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Need way more information, such as your computer specs, does this happen only during parties, does your sims elsewhere usually stand around idling.

It just happens during parties and it only affects the guests outside the front door
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 6:46 PM
What I always do is to have a stereo in the room or garden where you want the party to be, then have your sim dance. They can then call the other sims over to dance one by one, which will make them enter the room and join in.

It's just caused by a bottleneck where so many sims are trying to route through a door at the same time.