Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 9:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Vanilla install, launcher doesn't work when patched to 1.67
I thought about doing a fresh install to get rid of some pesky CC. Wiped out everything using the Uninstall guide from the wiki, my backup mods are waiting in an external for the moment.

Issue: https://imgur.com/a/gUrllXr

Walkthrough: I installed base game and all EPs and SPs (excepting Katy Perry sh... stuff), in order, from disc, as I have always done. Once I finish, if I use the launcher, it opens fine and it launches the game fine. The problem comes when I try to update to 1.67, as only with the EPs and SPs it goes to 1.6... I can't remember, but it's lower. I've tried this twice now.

1) I used EA's SuperPatcher. Got the message on the screenshot. The game works, though, if I launch through 3Booter (I installed it to try my theory)

2) Uninstalled, wiped, installed again, test that launcher launches, this time I use the patcher here at MTS http://modthesims.info/d/409829, same result.

I am at loss here. I don't want to use Origin, so if any of you people could help me understand what's happening and what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated. I need the launcher to install my decrapped content, decrapped worlds, and custom worlds, and it's making me angry two days before my birthday.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:15 PM
Your launcher is showing gameversion 0.0.0.0 which means something went wrong with your patching.

Try the manual superpatch from here:
Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki

Some help here also:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-...-Error/td-p/906
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:28 PM
Thank you simsample, I am reading the wiki articles again (currently wiping the leftover folders once again) and I'll try to follow step by step.

I remember I didn't have this problem when I previously installed the game, then I remembered I didn't have a problem because the laptop was new... I am sure I forgot one step, surely the hidden folder one. I am sorry for being a nuisance!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Eira_Karanir : 4th Sep 2018 at 7:24 PM.
Well, I followed the Uninstall guide again, not missing any step. I have installed the Base Game, installed the SuperPatch as the Patching guide says and the launcher still doesn't work

Edit: I have tried another thing, the Alternative Method listed here http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...S3_PatchingEPSP I installed ONLY Into the Future, allowed it to patch the base game, and the launcher doesn't work either.

Please help? I honestly don't know what's happening.

Edit2: And I caved and tried installing through Origin. And still same problem with the Launcher.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 8:21 PM
Bump
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 9:33 PM
No need to bump the thread @Eira_Karanir - people will respond as soon as they are able to if they have something to add.

What does your game version read as when you hover over the game icons in the launcher, as illustrated here?
http://simswiki.info/images/thumb/5...cherVersion.jpg

Do you still have the 0.0.0.0 showing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 9:50 PM
Sorry

There are no game icons at all https://imgur.com/a/OhbaJaJ This is taken right now, from a fresh install through Origin and having done nothing at all, just install and try to launch. It doesn't matter if I click on the Sims 3 icon on the desktop o I click the 'Play' button in Origin, this is what I get.

I mean, the game launchs from 3Booter if I install it (but not from the Sims3.exe in the Game/Bin folder), but I can't use the launcher, so I can't install the store items, I can't install worlds, I can't install counters and cabinets (everything else I convert to package and merge them)...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:51 PM
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:46 AM
to be clear: Origin installation is 1.69 and is not upgradeable/downgradeable (well, mostly) to 1.67, because of embedded call you cannot run the game without running EA malware in the backgroud too (until you use hacked/older version executable directly).

it's quite possible you're missing some of the components or some of them is installed wrong, most suspicious part is Adobe Air (Flash is not used - I think or I hope (?) - anymore). Apart of possible mess in the Register, I'd not be surprised if the system (you are on the Win10, right?) or your antivirus would block some libraries or recognized them as dangerous or simply deny access to the game's directory/registry keys - well, because they are.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:20 PM Last edited by Eira_Karanir : 5th Sep 2018 at 3:16 PM.
@simsample

The tips in your first link I did them before to no avail, but I found some things in your second link: I didn't have AdobeAIR. I am reinstalling the Base Game from disc to check if it works this time

@ElaineNualla

I know, I tried the Origin option out of desperation. I was in fact missing AdobeAir, but then I don't understand why I could install the game when my laptop was brand new 3 or 4 years ago without issues. Anyway, I am reinstalling from disc the base game, I'll use the superpatch, and I'll see what happens.

As for now, everything sims related is out of my laptop. My cc stored in an external, found a pesky S3PE folder in my registry that I deleted, CC Cleaner can't find anything, so... fingers crossed.

Edit: Yeah didn't work. I am still digging. Decided to go with editing the Registry manually and after cleaning and cleaning I still have found files. I have just deleted them and I will check again what happens. I used regedit.exe and the pesky files were under Windows/Current version/GameUX/Games, if it helps anybody else. I found them just by searching the serials http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...gistry_manually

Edit2: Maybe this should be in the wiki for useless idiots like me, but CC Cleaner didn't clean everything, just searching for The Sims 3 in the regedit I have found tons of files that hadn't been cleaned in the two days I've been dealing with this shit, including files from the EPs and SPs, which I don't have installed at the moment.

Edit3: Now it doesn't ask for the serial code when installing. That doesn't sound good, but I don't know where else to look
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 5th Sep 2018 at 4:11 PM.
The install codes are hiding in an even more obscure place in the Registry or in hidden files outside of that. But in this case it's okay to leave them be. Many players find after a total uninstall and cleanup that they are not asked for codes again when reinstalling on the same machine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:51 PM
I was worried it would fail again because of that @igazor

But after deleting all those leftover registry files that I found before, the launcher works, and it's patched to 1.67.2

I'm so happy lol (how ridiculous is that), it's my birthday and I got it to work.

Thanks for all your help, simsample, igazor, ElaineNualla
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:10 PM
I was late to the party and provided what must have been the least amount of assistance, but happy birthday!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:18 PM
You provide more than enough assistance taking care of NRaas Industries and keeping it going! It's a life saver!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:29 PM
Well done for fixing it @Eira_Karanir ! :D

And happy birthday.
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 5:47 PM
CCcleaner looks for orphaned entries, not for storage ones (which keys are in this case) because these last are mostly harmless and frankly it's hard to do such operation without user active management and most typical Windows' users would do more harm than good even trying.

maybe it was meant to be succesful exactly now, because of birthday

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"