Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 7:31 AM
Default Default Replacement eyebrows causing problems
Since I made the eyebrows with Sims 4 Studio, I posted my query over there as well, but someone here might be able to help me.

When some people have installed my default replacement eyebrows, they end up not showing up in CAS, but the originals have also disappeared. The only thing they have left is custom eyebrows by others. It was suggested to me in the comments of the upload that it may be because I have all the expansions and stuff. Has anyone experienced this, either with my eyebrows or something else? Do you know of any solutions? My thought is that it is because I changed some of the categories. For example, I ticked off the unticked "witch" and "retail uniform" boxes, and for all archetypes (regions). What I think I will do is go back and untick all that stuff and upload that for people who don't have the expansions or stuff, and the people who do can continue to use the current version, and see if that works.

I'd really appreciate your input! Thanks
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:00 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jul 2015 at 8:18 AM.
How do you mean you "ticked off" those boxes .. have you ENabled them for all archetypes etc, or DISabled them?

And is it these eyebrows http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558656 that are having this issue?
-- *reads comments* .. yeah, apparently.

I can’t look at the package now, but when you say you ticked boxes that sounds like you have included all the CASPs for those .. is there a specifc reason for that? I would have thought that all it takes for that kind of override is the actual textures, or not? Did you want them to behave differently from the Maxis ones? (I’m not sure I can think of a reason to en- or disable them for witches for example .. they all seem pretty realistic to me, not like something that only a witch would wear. I believe if you can remove the CASPs you should be rid of any compatibility issues.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:52 PM
These seem to work fine in my game. IMO having expansions or not shouldn't be the problem, since all the resources needed for the brows are in the package.

I did find a mistake: There are two entries in the CAS Flag List that are category OutfitCategory but the values are Archetype_Asian and Archetype_SouthAsian, which should be category Archetype. Possibly these values don't exist in unpatched games?? Or glitch some games but not others for mysterious reasons?? Or something??? Anyway, I agree with pbox that the easiest and simplest way to fix this may be to remove the CASPs.

Very nice brows, BTW!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:59 PM
I guess it’s entirely possible that the current game would be much less finicky about weird tags than older ones .. wasn’t the March/Alien disaster also because of new tags? If I were Maxis I’d totally have changed any sanity checking to “yeah, whatever” at that point XD

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.