Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:45 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 18th Jul 2015 at 8:12 PM.
Default “Occult” random flags in CASP
There are three flags all in all for stuff to be used randomly; I’m not sure how they interrelate logically. Does anyone know?

“Allow for Random” (top right) is AFAIK whether the CAS randomiser and/or random townies will use the item .. when I untick that and leave “Disabled for Human” unticked, which one would have priority? And what about the “OccultAllowedforRandom” option in the left-hand list: is that the same thing as “Allow for Random” or not?

(I don’t have the Aliens EP/GP/whateveritwas, so I can’t really check any of this .. the screenshot shows the basegame female space suit with no changes made)

--

E: Okay so the “Disable” flag gains precedence over “Show in UI”, that much I figured out now by testing. The randomness stuff is not so easy to test though, so I’d appreciate any enlightenment =).
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 9:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 21st Jul 2015 at 9:21 PM.
Here's what SimGuruModSquad told us: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...eecb-v31#latest

Honestly I'm confused by the property flag "OccultAllowedForRandom" - it could be simply a leftover from when it was used to determine which occult type CASPs would show up for. I changed the name from simply "Occult" after SimGuruModSquad told me they were changing to a system of allowing CASPs to be used by all occults and only restricting randomness. Then they used separate bit flags (which are available under the CASP flag list on the right) instead of or maybe in addition to the properties list. So IMO "Occult Allowed for Random" may do nothing. If this can be confirmed I guess I should change the name again.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 10:25 PM
Ah thank you.

Yeah I also find it confusing, not least because of the name .. to me "occult" means something akin to "paranormal, esoteric" so, um, why is that a flag for humans?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 1:26 AM
In EA speak humans are a type of occult - to me it would make more sense to use 'Species'. Of course then people would complain the term is inaccurate since humans and aliens can interbreed. And when they add robots it wouldn't make sense at all. 'Type of being' is too clunky. Variant? SimType?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:56 PM
Well, turns out I was right the first time. There are three, count 'em three, factors involved:

Whether the item is displayed at all in CAS for the 'Occult' type is determined by the 'Disabled for:' flags.
Whether the item can be random is determined by the 'Allow for Random' flag.
Whether the item can be random for a specific Occult type is determined by the 'Occult' (or 'OccultEnabledForRandom'/'OccultDeprecated' as I've variously named it while flailing in confusion) item in the Property Flags list.

So if you want something to be visible in CAS for both humans and aliens and random only for humans, clear both the 'Disabled for:' boxes, check the 'Allow for Random' box, and have an Occult property flag with the value set to Human.

I've tested with eyes, but it should work the same for clothing.

And the Occult flag works differently for skin tones - confusing much? I think I'm going to write a brief tutorial on that and am going to release an updated TONE wrapper for s4pe.