Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 11:59 AM
Default Certain body meshes not working for some people?
Hey! So for my Cinderella upload, and Little Mermaid fin body mesh some people are running into an issue of them not appearing in the game. I have cleaned out my game files and tried everything but they work normally for me.
I was thinking maybe it's because these meshes I have edited their bone assignments? I wasn't sure. But maybe there is some file that needs to be downloaded for those outfits along with the package file?
I was hoping to get some help in fixing this issue? Thank you!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 12:29 PM
Hey I was hoping you could help me with an issue.
Some people are running in to trouble with my upload. My Cinderella body meshes and Ariel mermaid tails are not showing up for some people, they are invisible in CAS leaving just a floating head. I cleaned out my whole game and tested them again and they worked normally for me. I used TS4 CAS mesh tools to make them. For these items specifically I did edit bone assignments. I was hoping for your assistance? Those files can be found on my profile. Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 2:28 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 19th Jul 2015 at 3:04 PM.
Hi Mickey, I just tried out the dresses in my game and they're all there (and very pretty!) - see pic below. So I don't think you've done anything wrong.

Something I have become aware of, though, is that it seems that if people don't keep their games patched up to date, they may not be able to see CAS items made by a creator who does keep their game up to date. Remember how in TS3 there was the same problem after Pets (or its equivalent patch) borked CAS, and the sims made by people with Pets or the patch didn't show up for people with unpatched games. There seems to be something similar going on - many of the TS4 updates have broken CAS in various ways. Your best bet is to ask the people for whom the dresses aren't showing up, whether their game is patched to date. It will be interesting to see if the ones having the problem haven't patched their games.

ETA: Eek, I just discovered something when putting them in-game, though - when you zoom out, all the dresses change into a dress that has a straight-down, close-fitting bottom half instead of the full-skirted one - the full skirt just disappears. So you might want to look into that. See 2nd pic below. (I forgot to screenshot a closeup of the other blue dress, but I think you get the idea!)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Hi Mickey, I just tried out the dresses in my game and they're all there (and very pretty!) - see pic below. So I don't think you've done anything wrong.

Something I have become aware of, though, is that it seems that if people don't keep their games patched up to date, they may not be able to see CAS items made by a creator who does keep their game up to date. Remember how in TS3 there was the same problem after Pets (or its equivalent patch) borked CAS, and the sims made by people with Pets or the patch didn't show up for people with unpatched games. There seems to be something similar going on - many of the TS4 updates have broken CAS in various ways. Your best bet is to ask the people for whom the dresses aren't showing up, whether their game is patched to date. It will be interesting to see if the ones having the problem haven't patched their games.

ETA: Eek, I just discovered something when putting them in-game, though - when you zoom out, all the dresses change into a dress that has a straight-down, close-fitting bottom half instead of the full-skirted one - the full skirt just disappears. So you might want to look into that. See 2nd pic below. (I forgot to screenshot a closeup of the other blue dress, but I think you get the idea!)

Thank you for testing them! But yes those are the lod1 and lod2 meshes, theyre just a lower quality version of the mesh. I only edited the lod0 meshes, I will look into that though!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:59 PM
Splitting this off and merging with existing thread. Please don't make multiple threads about the same issue.

Also, when this is an existing upload, please inform your downloaders that the mesh is only for high settings / close up. I'm sure Esmeralda will have no objections if you use the screenshot she already made.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 10:51 PM
Esmeralda has a good point that anyone not patched up to date won't be able to use these. EA has changed the CASP format and version number several times, and unpatched games most likely just ignore any CASPs that are an unrecognized version.

Other than that - I looked at the tail and tested in-game. It works fine and nothing jumps out at me as being incorrect. BTW, you can easily prevent feet from showing up by setting the ExcludePartFlags / Shoes to True in each CASP.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4