Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 8
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:04 PM
Perfectionist, you double clicked to install as directed?

If it still messes up like that, please redownload. The files have been proven to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:12 PM
All I Can Say Is Wow It Shows Amazing Detail It`s Just Amazing
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#78 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 8:08 PM
Yes I double clicked to install, and the launcher opens and I can't click anything, but I waited 10 minutes and no install window ever opened. Then I tried clicking it again, and the sims 3 icon opened again but then closed.

PM me with a request!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 1:29 AM
Played it for a bit today and I'm in love with the hospital to be quite honest.
Which is strange because I hate hospitals.

All the work you put in is amazing.
This has got to be one of my favourite CC worlds of all time, not gonna lie.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#80 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 2:04 AM
WOAH. This is amazing! Everything fits together so well, and it's so quaint and beautiful! I don't even want to think about the huge effort you must've put in, and I can only say great job! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#81 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 3:05 AM
Thank you for sharing your wonderful world with us.
Only FYI, when extracting the world file, I notice there are two other items included beside the Einfach simlisch Build Set, one is a store wall light, one looks like a train model that I didn't see in CC list.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 5:01 AM Last edited by armiel : 19th Sep 2011 at 2:08 PM.
noxnoxnox, thank you! I can't believe I was so sloppy and didn't do a custard check before uploading, I usually do.

I have not downloaded those items myself, that is what I found out on my quick search. And they are freaking stubborn to get rid of too, I need to do a complete launcher clean up. I suppose anyone who's got the items now has to do that too. I'm terribly sorry.

I will upload a fresh and clean version this afternoon, so till then, please do not download, or if you do, clean it with custard first!

ETA:
Fresh files uploaded!

If you already got the extra files installed, and want to get rid of them, you'll need to uninstall every piece of sims3pack cc in launcher, then delete the unwanted files in downloads-folder, empty DCCache and DCBackup folders, clean up caches and then you can reinstall all your CC in launcher.

Terribly sorry for all the trouble this may have caused to many of you, I really didn't even know I had those CC pieces, and was not careful enough with the upload process :/
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#83 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 4:40 PM
Thank you for the installation instructions, finally I got kiwi's Riverblossom hills right

I haven't finished playtesting a couple of my lots in your beta yet, so I don't dear replaicing the files. Will do later. Nice looking and flat land to test my lots in thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#84 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 7:15 PM
simply a delightful work of art done by masterful hands...
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 11:29 PM
I couldn't get any of the files extracted, it kept asking for a disk at the first file. Then it just gave errors for the rest.
dodgy builder
#86 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dobydog
I couldn't get any of the files extracted, it kept asking for a disk at the first file. Then it just gave errors for the rest.

when it asks for the disk click "brows" and choose where you put the other files. So you have to put the files somewhere on your comp first, and then select the new file to extract.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 3:46 AM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 20th Sep 2011 at 8:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Terribly sorry for all the trouble this may have caused to many of you, I really didn't even know I had those CC pieces, and was not careful enough with the upload process :/

Thank you for your quick respond, I was a little bit worried when I couldn't uninstall them yesterday. But now I'm happy with the world and there is a sure thing that it tops all the worlds EA has released so far. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 5:10 PM
I don't play - or even own - Sims 3, but this is so amazing and beautiful, that I almost wish I did! Truly fantastic job! If I ever get around to Sims 3, I am definitely downloading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 6:46 PM
Thank you a lot!
Inventor
#90 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 9:33 PM
I installed the world with the cc and I don't understand what to do now. I have so much stuff installed via the launcher so I can't delete everything because I haven't kept every single cc item I installed. What problems does this cc cause exactly? How can I uninstall this crappy cc without deleting everything?

Quote: Originally posted by armiel
noxnoxnox, thank you! I can't believe I was so sloppy and didn't do a custard check before uploading, I usually do.

I have not downloaded those items myself, that is what I found out on my quick search. And they are freaking stubborn to get rid of too, I need to do a complete launcher clean up. I suppose anyone who's got the items now has to do that too. I'm terribly sorry.

I will upload a fresh and clean version this afternoon, so till then, please do not download, or if you do, clean it with custard first!

ETA:
Fresh files uploaded!

If you already got the extra files installed, and want to get rid of them, you'll need to uninstall every piece of sims3pack cc in launcher, then delete the unwanted files in downloads-folder, empty DCCache and DCBackup folders, clean up caches and then you can reinstall all your CC in launcher.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#91 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 1:06 AM
It turned out just beautiful, well done Armiel!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:02 AM
Hi, Armiel,

when I load the world, it gets stuck right at the end and doesn't want to complete the loading. What can I do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:08 AM
This is beautiful Armiel, thank's so much for sharing. It's just the right size too
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 4:07 AM
After a little bit of pummeling my computer, I finally managed to download it. Looks wonderful! You are definitely a pro world maker. At least, way way better than me. I suck at making worlds. I hope to someday make a world that is designed around the island from The Cay by Theodore Taylor or maybe the island off of Sims 2 Castaways. Definitely 2 worlds I would like. Especially the Sims 2 Castaways one, that island is so beautiful! :P
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 4:25 AM
himawara106, try uninstalling just the world and the unwanted CC (all in one go). For some people this has worked.

Limogi, maybe a conflict? Do you have an old version of Buzzlers Same energy gain for all beds? Please read earlier comments.

Everyone else, thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 5:36 AM
Thank you. I immediately updated the mod and voila! It works! Thank you for a super world, with absolutely stunning scenery and architecture. Thank you for answering my question so promptly and effectively! <3

Limogi.
Test Subject
#97 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 7:48 PM
Does the extra CC pose any serious danger?
I already own the actual store light and if the weird train thing doesn't blow up my game I'd rather not lose all the changes I've already made to Charlton let alone uninstall all my launcher CC. One CC item is not worth all that unless it's going to entirely bork my game (which it hasn't yet...)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MyEye66
Does the extra CC pose any serious danger?
Not really, but it is not meant to be in the world, and people usually want to know what they are getting when they download stuff. If you don't mind having the files, there should not be a problem.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 1:54 PM
Hi!

I downloaded this and all the required CC - but there are almost no rabbit holes in the world. Are you SURE that you used the doors rabbit holes and not the rugs? Because your links leads to the doors and I downloaded those but a lot of rabbit holes are missing.

I am going to download Jynx's/Raven Shadow's rugs (which are located in another location for some strange reason) instead of the doors and see if it works then.

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
Hi!

I downloaded this and all the required CC - but there are almost no rabbit holes in the world. Are you SURE that you used the doors rabbit holes and not the rugs? Because your links leads to the doors and I downloaded those but a lot of rabbit holes are missing.

I am going to download Jynx's/Raven Shadow's rugs (which are located in another location for some strange reason) instead of the doors and see if it works then.

Have you read the CC list carefully? Because armiel clearly stated that the rugs are needed, and not the doors.
Page 4 of 8