Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 3:28 AM
Yeah I get Nilxis's reasons not to provide alternative reasons, it's still a pretty cool world BTW, and if you need help building tombs or scripting an entirely new tomb object to flesh out your tombs, I am always willing to do it!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:43 PM
And I also would like to offer my assistance if you would need anything meshed or recoloured or whatever. My eyes are as big as saucers when I look at your screenshots. So beautiful! I'm also getting a 'Myst' world vibe. Your CFE skills are ridiculous. <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 12:40 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 19th Aug 2015 at 1:09 PM.
Nice to see I can count on you, thanks! For now I'm doing fine but I'll tell you if I need something

About the bridge rails, it's what Crowkeeper and jje1000 say, CAW doesn't render the CC in lots so some of them look quite random and wonky.

@Crowkeeper, I've tried to make the inscription in dark grey, but then it becomes too shiny and reflective (originally it was a poster from Showtime). For now I'll just leave it in white. And I checked out the wooden SN chairs, I think they look even better, more suitable for the outdoors Here's a picture:

@Jawusa, I've made the first sunset a bit redder, not much more because the sea started to look like wine :P

(before and after)

And here are the green Uranesian sunrises

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Instructor
#79 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 10:14 PM
I really like the chairs now And I really like the green sunrises. I wouldnt change it. It is really unique - I have never seen it before in sims
Can I have a question please? Is it somehow possible by playing with the INI files to create an eternal overcast to make a world look like it is underwater?

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 9:50 AM
I'm going to keep the green sunrises, they might not be possible from a scientific and realistic perspective, but after all this is a semi-fantasy world and I'm looking for weird and unique elements that give that 'out of this world' vibe

@Crowkeeper, I think it would be possible, if you change the sky colors, the light colors and add the heat effect from Egypt You would need to work on other areas in CAW to make it look completely underwater, if you have a world in mind, but tweaking the INIs would definitely help. I can help you with it if you want

Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:13 PM
Must say... that this world is most beautiful! Love it!!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 3:11 AM
This is going to be epic. I love worlds with a story/adventure attached.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:57 PM
Seeing how Arsil's mod is simultaneously in the work, I'm starting to think we're going to get a whole new era of The Sims here!
Joking apart, the world looks mighty impressive. Aside from not being too fond of how modern the flags look, no constructive critism, just admiring this creative work!
Icy Spicy
#84 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:47 PM
Loving the recent developments so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:03 AM
Thanks for the nice comments

As for the flag, maybe I shoud change the design so it doesn't look so modern? Or hide the flagpole with a wooden column? Or should I get rid of the flags? Opinions wanted!

----

Ok, so here's another smallish update. I'm still building in Nea Divarapolis:

First of all, I did some changes to the mountains. Before sculpting by hand, I tried it with World Machine and I made a new height map. However, when I import it into CAW the terrain looks like this:

Does anyone know how to fix it? I want to use WM but I don't want my world to look like minecraft

Overviews

The market, it includes the food and books registers.

These are the public baths, they work as a pool lot. I got the inspiration from the Roman thermae of Caracalla.

The inner pools.

And this is supposed to be some sort of sauna

This is the first residential lot I've built. The layout and design are inspired by the Roman domus.

Inside the house.

And some night shots.

This is all for today. I hope you like it and I'm looking forward to your feedback

Mad Poster
#86 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 2:30 AM
Looking great- love the bath photos!

For World Machine- check what format you're exporting as- the steps indicate that the tonal gradients are not smooth (resulting in the terracing)!
Instructor
#87 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 4:35 AM
Personally I would just run your terrain heightmap over "erosion" device in WM, doublecllick the erosion device to lower the settings, so as to give the terrain some detailed, refined creases, and be sure to link the correct output in erosion device (.png) to the correct input slot off the "output device".

Judging by the look of screenshots though, your terrain already looks very nicely done, but some more "algorithm-based terrain sculpting" produced by WM definitely helps to flesh it out even more, and perhaps, in my opinion, reduce the amount of vegetation needed to highlight the parts of the terrain (at least this is what I observed, you seemed to be using bushes in certain parts of the hill to emphasize the creases.

For the flags, as I said before, it looks really good to me as I believe the world to be a dominant civilization so it really gives the city an "empire feel" (? Not sure what word I should use)

The interiors of the buildings look definitely stunning!

And may I suggest that, you may want to include a Base Camp in case people use this as a NRaas traveler world!
Instructor
#88 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 5:38 AM
*THUD*

That? Oh, that was just my jaw dropping, don't worry, by the looks of things it'll stay down there a while.

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 7:45 AM
I pretty much want to say the same thing!
Regarding the flags... I think it's the simplicity that gets me the most. I'm honestly not too sure about how it could be changed, but it's pretty much a standard flagpole you'd see standing in people's gardens. I like the actual flag design, but the flagpole seems kind of out of place for me. I don't want to be too nitpicky and all that, but something a tiny bit more rugged would seem to fit the world better.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:12 PM
Just nitpicking here- I think it might be worth replacing the recliners with some sort of Divan/Roman-style bench.

There is a similar set here:
http://modthesims.info/d/362440

The Store also has a set:
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:33576

Some peristyles/colonades around the main square would also look great! Maybe put them on top of the foundation walls lining the canal.

You could use the columns from Monte Vista or the Egyptian columns (recolored of course).
Theorist
#91 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 2:54 PM
Amazing! Looks so explorable.
Agreed about making flag and pole more rugged and wooden.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#92 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:38 PM
Nilxis!! This is beyond words!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:49 PM
Wow Nilxis, your world is absolutely stunning! :lovestruc
Scholar
#94 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 6:16 PM
Book me for the first space flight to this planet!
#95 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:43 AM
As a huge fan of Roman architecture I have to say this is beyond words beautiful.
Test Subject
#96 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:30 PM
oh my god yasss this is what is needed in the sims 3 omg! I actually can't wait for this oh my days
Test Subject
#97 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 5:00 PM
I am completely in love with this world! This has got to be hands down the most beautiful ts3 world I've seen so far! I can't stop looking at all the screenshots :P
Test Subject
#98 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 10:27 PM
Nilxis, I've been playing your worlds for a few years now and they are perfection. This world is even beyond perfection. I want to live there, I definitely want to play there, and I have to ask so I can dream: what computer makes the Sims 3 look this BEAUTIFUL?
Instructor
#99 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 11:16 PM
It looks very Roman/Grecian, that is so awesome! I've looked around for a world like that for a LONG time, and never ever seen one anywhere. Your work is just stunning Nilxis, truly one of a kind. :-)
Instructor
#100 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 3:40 AM
This is just incredible. The thought and creativity you've put into it, such as the custom writing system you have to decipher - I'm lost for words!
Everything looks stunning! Can't wait to see more
Page 4 of 22