Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 10:39 PM
Default SimmerinLalaLand spreadsheet including metric version
First I thank SimmerinLalaLand and Mr SimmerinLalaLand for this useful spreadsheet.
But as a user of the metric system it was useless for non-britanic plans. I just add 2 column to enter the meters in decimal (ex: 3.80 ) and make the sheet show the good result.

It works with microsoft Excel or the freeware OpenOffice.

You must enter the x and y (vert/horiz) sizes in the column for your system and in the 2 right columns, you have a good idea of the value in sims squares
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Simhousepl.rar (2.9 KB, 111 downloads) - View custom content

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 12:23 AM
thanks for this! I am going to try this out.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 12:52 AM
Thanks, Patul!
I already wondered how big those feet are and just forgot to change the xls-file to support metric values. Great that I don't have to anymore now
Just wondering, 1 Sim-square is 1,15m? Fitting the shape of some furniture (singlebeds and else) it should be more about 90cm, I thought...

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 5:07 AM
I have always believed they were 1.0 meters, matching the standard units used in the mesh files.
I based my beliefs by looking at the values used for the height of Sims and the height of walls and other objects, and comparing these values to their common sizes. Metric fits better than feet.
Metric sizes in 3D meshing is pretty common, and often defaults that way.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 5:36 AM
The measures are not by me, but i think they are quite realistics, it gives you an idea...dont forget that a trash bin have the same width than a single bed in game so for realism...!

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 5:51 AM
What, TS2 isn't realistic???
Maybe adjusting the xls to set 1m=1Sim-square would make sense - though calculating wouldn't be necessary anymore
Wes and Patul, somehow you two are right, it seems like the Maxoids changed the meant size as they wanted/ it made sense to them without really taking care of real sizes. Looks like they just set all content in each other somehow fitting relations and that's it. This would explain why sometimes a shelf "feels like" being 80cm wide, a single bed (standard) 90cm, kitchen counter usually are 50 or 60cm wide, like trash bins...
The problem is now, would it be possible to add a multiplier which takes care of the furniture you want to add at this wall - to get a more realistic calculation of simsquares which should be used to get a best fitting room size? I mean, sometimes it makes sense to keep 1 tile room between to get a better look, sometimes placing stuff immediately next to each other (also because the whole wide of the tile isn't used for the mesh). As I already said a few times, I don't know anything about programming but I can at least 'understand' that this would be a huge project - it's up to you experts to decide if these thoughs are worth it to be continued or if it's just rubbish :D

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?