Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:34 AM
Default stacked staircase?
Ok so I've been playing sims 3 for a few days now and I only just figured out how to build a house without moving anyone in, however I can't figure out how to "stack" staircases! By that I mean placing one staircase on top of another to save space. It was possible with open-underneath stairs in sims 2, but I can't for the life of me do it on sims 3! If anyone has any ideas or knows how to solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated

P.S. I searched and searched for a solution to this everywhere including the mts2 forum and I'm getting desperate!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:36 AM
I have the same problem as you! I tried to make a set of stairs leading upstairs and then a set of stairs below heading to the basement. However, I can't so I ended up with this
Screenshots
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:54 PM
I managed to get stairs under stairs, as shown in the picture, but the process of it is totally pointless because you are going to be taking up just as much, if not more, room than having two stairs next to each other.

• You need to know constrain floor elevation
• One set of stairs can't be full legnth
• Stairs will continually try to be placed anywhere else but the desired location
• CAN NOT be done inside, the walls the drop down prevent it from happening
• Bulky
• Even if you managed to get it to have two full sets of stairs, it would take up an additional two tiles horizontally.
• Not Practical, will warp walls and cause lots of frustation.

All in all, modular stairs aren't modular anymore.
Screenshots

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 1:13 AM
I've been trying to create "L" shaped stairs for a house I'm porting over from Sims 2. I found a nifty tutorial, and all was going well until the constrainfloorelevation cheat made everything Taller instead of Shorter, the way it's supposed to work in Sims 2. *sigh* I really have to say that building in Sims 3 seems to have taken a major step backward. The save system is a mess, also.