Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:14 PM
Default Tree Branches in my house
Ok I'm really stumped, I have a tree on the outside of the lot spreading its dirty sinful branches into my home and I wondered if there was anything to move the tree. In sims 2 there was a cheat code to edit ouside the lot but I cant find it and if I do will it work in sims 3?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:03 PM
As far as I know, it isn't possible yet for players to do anything outside the actual lot, or to edit the neighborhood objects. Hopefully someone will hack the game to make this possible eventually. For now, try using the "drag wall" tool and move the walls in your home so they don't intersect the branches.

In TS2, the cheat was "move_objects on/off," and it allowed the player to build at the edges of the lot, move things like the mailbox and trashcan (which is a very dangerous thing to try, by the way), and to build or place objects on the sidewalk and street. It was not necessary to cheat to move anything else, because the game allowed players to decorate the neighborhood and move neighborhood deco--not possible in TS3.

In TS3 the cheat is "MoveObjects on/off." It is useful for a lot of other things, but it won't help you with your problem. Sorry.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:29 PM
You can use the "disablesnappingtoslotsonalt on" cheat to move a bit the trees (maintain alt key) and you can rotate the object <>

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:55 AM
Is the tree in the neighborhood or in your neighbors lot? I remember with an earlier house I made my neighbors tree did this.I forgot who it was exactly, I'll update when i find out. But see where the tree is. If its a neighbor play that household and move the tree. If its the neighborhood I don't think there's a way to move it yet.

A watched pot never boils. But a watched pan still fries, and a grease fire burns down your house whether you watch it or not.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
Have you tried going into town build mode and selecting that lot? I believe when you are in town build mode you can change whatever you want.