Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:00 AM
How to Make a Shower room:Hack/Cheat free
2 days before making this tutorial I started a building, named it Project Dynasty. The goal of the building was to successfully produce a building capable of holding 5 families of 4. With this I began running into alot of issues, the main was people complaining about showers.

I spent 2 and a half hours finding a way to produce an area, where many people can shower at the same time, while still making it cost effective and small in size. I found the best way, and it doesn't take very long to build. Though Project Dynasty is being used for a residential causes, this technique could prove useful in lots such as beaches. What I believe to be the most effective part about this is, it can be changed quickly and can serve also as other things.

But on with it, let me explain. Pictures have grid lines on purpose.

To begin with you will need "4x1*however many you need". How I decided the needed amount was "Amount of people expected per hour/4". Dynasty is needed to support 20 people, therefore it needs a minimum of 5 shower rooms. I plan to go over that so i added more.

1. To begin you layout the area for production, refer to the first formula given {Note - They can go inversely}.

2. Do the outer most wall first{Note - this is going by 3x1 format}{Note - If doing inversely repeat step 2 for other side}. You need to leave 2 boxes between the rows to prevent the doors from competing with each other{Note - Can be fixed with "MoveObjects on" but I have not tested it so I would not recommend}.

3. It is best to give the spot some kind of paint and flooring(Sims tend to complain if you dont) You then take the cheap shower or any that you may have found that are better but 1 box large. Place it at the back of the stall. {Note - I have not tested it with the corner shower, though i doubt due to size it would work.}

4. Above the shower add a cheap ceiling light, and well-ah, you got your self a showerroom. Pretty pathetic it took me 2 1/2 hours to prefect this I know. But nearly 12 ideas went to waste, 3 were extremely expensive, 4 were space costly, and the last 5 failed for reason i don't even know, it wouldn't let me place one thing or another.

Please give feed back. Pictures will not upload so i will post them in a future post.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
Pretty good idea, I like it. I've always hated how people won't all shower at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Theorist
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:38 AM
I imagine this as a row of separate shower 'stalls' where each shower is private. I wonder if the high windows can go above the shower. Yes, please do not try it with the corner shower, as I can't imagine it would work. May I ask, how in the world are you going to get 5 families of 4 into 1 lot?