Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 11:56 AM
Default plenty fo objects, but personalty?
Now that we've played versions 2 and 3 , how do you keep the Sims 1 conversations interesting? I used to write the stories and conversations for them, then click the three social options repeatedly. Now when I look back at Sims 1, UGH! conversations look boring. I need to use more imagination again.

Also, who remembers how to use transmogrifier? I want to make decorations and recolors even skins again. It's time someone made new content. Anyone remember Darth Vader, Mulder, and Skully in sims 1?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 12:40 PM
I expect the dialog's just a matter of getting back into the habit. Look at the little symbols in the context of their lives and try to connect them to recent happenings in the game. Some of it can be "news" rather than personal conversation.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 12:56 PM
Actually, there are people who still make content for the first sims game. True, it isn't as large a group as it used to be, but it is still going.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 1:15 PM
CTO Occasions http://www.ctosims.com/ has copies of most of the Sims 1 creating tools, TSR does as well. You have to register for both.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TortureTheNannies
Anyone remember Darth Vader, Mulder, and Skully in sims 1?
I remember Mulder and Scully, they were in my game. I made them join the career field where they could become super spies. I think that was the "extreme career". I wished so much that I could have built an underground tunnel from their normal looking suburban home to some sort of a lab.

Didn't see or have Darth Vadar, but I did those strange looking characters from Lord of the Rings, the Uruk-Hai. What did you do with these characters?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 3:20 AM
One of my favorite downloads was this collection of things in jars. There was a spider under a dome, and a skull, and other stuff. I also had a nice series of trashed stuff and mohawks. I loved my punk rock squatters. I went back, and it wasn't as fun as I remember, true, however, I liked the way the cutaway walls worked better. And the Making Magic expansion neighborhood is still one of my all-time favorite video game locations.