Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 8:01 PM
Default VBTs?
I started my Sims obsession with the original game, but I was quite late to it, so I didn't really have a lot of time with it before switching to Sims 2. I was completely unaware of the existence of CC and mods. Heck, I didn't even know there were such things as a BBS and fansites!

I just installed the full game again to see how much I can enjoyably do and explore before the limitations send me running back to Sims 2. So naturally, I'm wondering if there are any VBTs I'm not aware of with the original game. Since I'm not aware of any, I'm guessing there are!

Also, I'm specifically interested in whether there's a safe way to get the Mashuga family from neighborhood 2 to neighorhood 1 and if so, how I'd go about doing it. I want to play all the playables, and hate the idea of that one family being cut off from the rest, or having to play both 'hoods and duplicating the other families!

I found an upload of the lot with family here: http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...a/mashuga9.html Safe to install, or 'hood-corrupting like it would be in Sims 2?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I found an upload of the lot with family here: http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1...a/mashuga9.html Safe to install, or 'hood-corrupting like it would be in Sims 2?

As far as I'm aware it's perfectly safe to install a house with a family occupying it into the Sims 1.

But you can also do it yourself if you'd prefer. Go to your Maxis folder and open the UserData2/Export folder. There should be a file named 'Mashuga_7.FAM'. Copy/cut and place this file in UserData/Import. The Mashugas should then be available to place in neighborhood 1. All that happens is they'll lose any friendships they made in neighborhood 2.

If you want their house too you can copy the lot file (can't remember what lot they live in off the top of my head - actually, I think it's lot 6) from UserData2/Houses to UserData/Houses.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 9:47 PM
Ah, thank you - that's easy! It's a fresh install and I haven't played them at all yet, so I don't imagine they know anybody yet from N2 anyway.
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 12:36 PM
I know, if only TS2 could have been that simple! I did all sorts to my TS1 game when I was younger and nothing ever went wrong with it - I built over the roads, deleted the portals so nobody could visit some lots and I think I even deleted the mailbox on some lots to stop bills! All that ever messed it up was certain CC which could easily be deleted.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 1:14 PM
Actually Darby it's not quite that easy. The lots in TS1 are fixed and, as I remember it, there is already a family on lot 7 in the first neighbourhood. You can get round this by moving them (the N1 family) out (and moving in elsewhere), deleting their version of lot 7 and replacing it with the Mashuga version or vice-versa. There is no problem moving families between neighbourhoods with TS1 because they don't have the complex set of relationship mapping TS2 sims have.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:58 PM
I completely forgot that lot 7 is already occupied in neighborhood 1! Sorry Darby! If you really wanted both houses you could always rename the Mashuga lot 7 to a lot number in neighborhood 1 that's empty and replace the empty lot instead.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 5:14 PM
Thank you both. I ended up going with the download, since it contains both lot and sims. No guessing which lot to find in the install files. Had the Mashuga family in N1 within mere minutes. :D

ETA: They're on lot 9, by the way, which is empty in N1.
Theorist
#8 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
ETA: They're on lot 9, by the way, which is empty in N1.

Ah, well that solves the matter!

I might do this too actually, I never thought about the fact that the Mashugas are stranded out in neighborhood 2 while the rest are in neighborhood 1.