Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 12:58 PM
Default Your pre-made families
Just curious as to what you guys have done with your pre-made families such as the Newbies and the Goths?

Since my recent reinstall, I haven't done much with the Newbies, but lately I've been playing with the Goths. Mostly just been getting Mortimer promotions so I can upgrade and redecorate their house and maybe have them go on a vacation.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 8:48 PM
I've mostly played the Goths, but have also played the others a bit. Mortimer is working on his career as a chemist, Bella is studying witchcraft, and Cassanda is making friends with the neighborhood kids. All are spending more time with the Goth Seniors, strengthening their relationships with them. Gunther continues his work as a minister of education, Cordelia entertains the neighbors, cooks for Gunther, and is writing a novel. Both adore their cats and plan to train and show them soon. Bob and Betty keep switching jobs. They don't really seem married to any career path yet, but just really want to save up some funds so they can expand their house or move, then maybe start a family. They're getting comfortable in the neighborhood and starting friendships. Claire Charming is not sure that being a nurse is the right vocation for her, but she hasn't done anything about it yet. I think she might like cooking better. Meanwhile, Luna is completely housebroken and Claire would like to start teaching her some tricks and then show her at the local shows. She thinks Luna has a good shot since she's beautiful with a sweet disposition. Mama continues to work as a drive through order-taker. Eldon is working on his mechanical abilities and is thinking it might be an idea to work as an ambulance rescue-worker. Both are trying to get their household of dogs under control, meaning house/yard broken and willing to come when called. The Bachelor is looking for a job in the army, but hasn't found one yet. He keeps making horrid messes of his house and runs out of energy before he can pick up.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:48 PM
I always assumed that Mama was Elden's mother, so I got Elden to marry Claire Charming. They moved to Claire's little house, where they had a child. Claire dropped her current job (as a vet, or something wasn't it?) and became a Superstar in the modeling area. Elden looked like a mechanic, so I assumed he would be able to fix a broken TV-screen. Well, I was wrong and he got electrocuted and died After Claire accumulated allot of money, she moved houses to a larger lot, and built a mansion complete with a Servo robot to attend to all her party guests (she held regular parties after Elden's death, because otherwise there wasn't much to do with her). She became good friends with Bella Goth, who was a practicing witch.

The Goth family remained very much the same, except all the members had wands and frequented Magic Town. They eventually moved to Magic-Town, to an exact copy of their old home. A beanstalk started to grow on their lot, and they managed to see the sleeping Will Wright in the clouds (Lot 99?). Unfortunately, when I copied the house to magic-town, the gravestones lost their data and random NPC's would spawn at night from them. Frequently the Goth's were visited by the ghostly "Marky Sharky" from vacation island. Death itself appeared a few times, but despawned in his ring of skulls soon after. It just cycled through all the NPC's, until the weirdest thing happened that made me permanently delete all gravestones... I heard the sound that played when someone falls asleep standing, and then a massive sleeping Will Wright from Lot99 appeared outside. He never left, so I just ignore him.

The Cat lady, well she met death very soon. She let off one of those toy rockets in her house, it burst into flames and burned her house down, along with her in it. Two of the cats survived, I don't remember what they were called though. I turned them into strays and they occasionally appeared on other old-town lots.

The Newbies, I didn't do much with them. I moved them out of their tutorial house, and into a larger lot where they both gardened. I got some gnomes from Magic-Town to help them out.

The senior Goths (like the person above me) had good relations with their relatives, and they showed a particular fondness of Cassandra. I reunited them all in one lot for a Christmas once. They continued their jobs, until I killed them off (Not just for the sake of it, I just do it when I think they 'got a bit old' ). I moved their pets in with the Goths, and they got the fortune. I turned their house into a community lot as a sort of "memorial" place.

The Pleasants, I always deleted them. I just didn't like them. Still didn't in Sims 2!

As for the rest in the family bin, they never did much. They just, sat there...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fredishay
I always assumed that Mama was Elden's mother, so I got Elden to marry Claire Charming. They moved to Claire's little house, where they had a child....
When I've played the neighborhood before, I've usually had Elden and Claire marry and move into her tiny home. They put a second floor on the house, have a child and raise puppies Claire paints and Elden plays piano. Eventually, Elden's mama finds a retiree who dreams of living in Florida and they stay in the trailer.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fredishay
Elden looked like a mechanic, so I assumed he would be able to fix a broken TV-screen. Well, I was wrong and he got electrocuted and died

They eventually moved to Magic-Town, to an exact copy of their old home. Frequently the Goth's were visited by the ghostly "Marky Sharky" from vacation island. Death itself appeared a few times, but despawned in his ring of skulls soon after. It just cycled through all the NPC's, until the weirdest thing happened that made me permanently delete all gravestones... I heard the sound that played when someone falls asleep standing, and then a massive sleeping Will Wright from Lot99 appeared outside. He never left, so I just ignore him.

The Cat lady, well she met death very soon. She let off one of those toy rockets in her house, it burst into flames and burned her house down, along with her in it.

The senior Goths (like the person above me) had good relations with their relatives, and they showed a particular fondness of Cassandra. I reunited them all in one lot for a Christmas once. They continued their jobs, until I killed them off (Not just for the sake of it, I just do it when I think they 'got a bit old' ). I moved their pets in with the Goths, and they got the fortune. I turned their house into a community lot as a sort of "memorial" place.

Oh my gosh. That was fun to read. Especially the giant Will Wright and the Cat lady.

The only family I've made much progress with are the Goths.
(And I had Claire Charming get a husband from a Spouse-In-A-Box from Lost Sims, but I don't like him,, nor does Luna)
The Goths had a few more children. Alexandra, Alexander, and a kid I can't remember the name of. Two of which were made from the buyable baby cradle thing from Simlogical. I ended up having all three move out, and have a more realistic Alexander move in.

When I get Makin' Magic, (Or rather, the complete collection.) they will move to Magic Town. Bella has her skills maxed, so she will get the MagiCoins for that. Bella, Cassandra, and possibly Alexander will be the only ones with magic. Mortimer will be there to toadify people and cast spells on. Hopefully Bella's dragon familiar won't eat him. (Which they actually sometimes do.) Oh. And they also have a cat/dragon from Lost Sims (A cat with a dragon skin.) I named him Palladium. (Due to Pyritie's name being based on Pyrite, fool's gold, due to the color. The cat/dragon is silver colored, and I felt like naming him after a metal, and Palladium came to mind.)

Mortimer is a Science Teacher, so Bella and Palladium are alone until the kids get out of school. I love playing the family. I've played them for over 44 sim days.