Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 11:55 PM
Default Hot Date's relationship system is GARBAGE
Finally, I have been waiting to rant about this. I hate this relationship system. Sure, the original was painfully unrealistic, but is just painful. All Sims start out with a medium mood, but for some reason, this translates into a BAD mood. Because of this, most of my socialization options get rejected. I'm a pretty silly guy in real life, and I like to tell jokes. So my natural instinct is to tell a Sim a good joke while socializing with them. But no, they have to eat something I MAKE for them. Who the hell wouldn't think juggling while singing a circus song would be hilarious? And don't even get me started on proposing...

Alright, I'm going on a rant here, but I really wanted to ask if there was a mod that fixed this, or there is a trick the get around it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 12:58 PM
I never had a problem with it.

The first thing you do on a date or an extended interaction is ask "How are you?" Base what you do on the answer. I made sure all my date venues had a restaurant and fun stuff to do, as the most common starting points were hungry or needing fun. Check back in periodically. When you get a notice of a bladder motive, send the active sim to the restroom. Have unisex restrooms, because the date will follow you and, possibly after standing around staring for awhile, will be prompted by the presence of commode stalls to use one. Dates end when the energy motive is low. Propose at home, after you've fed the guest, talked a little, and done something fun. Dancing is great for this. But not for too long so they can't get tired. Then move to romantic interactions. If the guest accepts a passionate kiss, he'll accept a proposal.

When the relationship is low, adjust your initial choices of interaction to the star sign of the sim - which in Sims1 you could get either by asking or by mousing over the thumbnail in the relationship panel. Leading with a joke never works on an Aries - they're too serious.

Once you understand the mechanics, it's not hard. You don't need a mod. You just need to suit your choices to the game you're playing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)