Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 10:49 AM
Default The Sims 1 Mods
Hi! I've downloaded a TS1 Superstar mod and some objects like TVs and so, but don't know how to install it/them, I put all of them in my Downloads folder in The Sims 1 installation base folder, and then I extracted the .zip files of each mod and object. Everything seemed okay, but then in the game, the mod didn't work and the objects didn't show in the Buy/build mode catalog! So it is just a simple question really, how to download mods, or can anyone tell me what have I done wrong or explain how to install mods to The Sims 1 game. Thanks!
I had no problems downloading and installing TS2 and TS3 mods and items, but idk why I am so lost in this Sims 1 folder and don't know how to install it at all! Any help would be appericated!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 2:27 PM Last edited by SVN_Gaming : 1st Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM.
I don't need help anymore, because I figured it out and now I sucesfully instaled mods and objects, I just didn't put them in the right folder!
Bye, bye!
Site Helper
#3 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 5:44 PM
In general, it's a nice gesture to tell us the solution. That way, the next person with this problem may see your answer.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 7:32 PM
Agreed with Mootilda, please share what finally worked. I was having a hard time understanding what you may have done wrong, based on your first post. The only thing I could think of is that non-object mods usually go into another folder, not the downloads folder, and some mods have "skins" that need to go in the game data/skins folder.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:33 PM
I extracted the files in wrong folder, at first I put everything in Downloads folder, but then I readed the readme file again and I saw, that you must extract the contents of the mod in Skins folder, which is located in GameData folder. So I did that and now mod is working well. It depends on what have you downloaded, some content goes into Objects folder, some of them goes into Animations folder, and some of them goes into Textures folder. I just wrote a solution, in case if anyone else is facing the same problem like I did.