Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 12:56 PM
SimPE SWAF file editor is unusable!
Hello! I'm using SimPE to edit one of my neighborhoods on The Sims 2, and I've noticed that unlike many of the other editors built into SimPE, the SWAF file editor isn't as fully featured as I would like it to be. This is in the sense that while you can edit existing entries in a given SWAF file, you can't actually add new entries to the same. Therefore, since a great deal of the functionality of the sims themselves depends on these files - e.g., relationship history and the like - this editor is virtually useless for my purposes, unless I'm doing something horribly wrong. What - if anything - am I doing in error? Any assistance about this little dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 4:10 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 11th Sep 2013 at 4:21 PM.
I believe that your assessment of the current editor is correct. You cannot add new wants or fears and you cannot edit the SWAF history at all.

Unfortunately, no one is actively doing development on SimPE.

One option is to fix it yourself. The source code for SimPE is available to everyone.

The other option is to convince someone else to take over development of SimPE. That will be difficult, because it's not well written and it's a large piece of software. This project requires an experienced programmer with a strong understanding of file modding, not someone who is just learning how to program.

Note that I am not volunteering, although I'm happy to supply a to-do list:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446704
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I believe that your assessment of the current editor is correct. You cannot add new wants or fears and you cannot edit the SWAF history at all.

Unfortunately, no one is actively doing development on SimPE.

One option is to fix it yourself. The source code for SimPE is available to everyone.

The other option is to convince someone else to take over development of SimPE. That will be difficult, because it's not well written and it's a large piece of software. This project requires an experienced programmer with a strong understanding of file modding, not someone who is just learning how to program.

Note that I am not volunteering, although I'm happy to supply a to-do list:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=446704

Thank you, Mootilda - I was afraid as much concerning the SimPE SWAF editor. Therefore, I'm probably going to have to take a stab at hex editing the files, as I'm definitely no C# programmer.
Site Helper
#4 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:47 PM
That sounds really difficult. Good luck!