Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 9:42 AM Last edited by peepeevs : 1st Feb 2016 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Spelling errors; can't stand those!
Default A two-floor basement room
Hey there,

Building around on my dreamhouse, I figured I want a huge basement, and this basement has to include a inside forest (because why not). Problem with basement forests (a common problem, I know) is that the trees will often stick out through the surface above, and that just looks silly.

So, I thought: why not make that room a two-story room. Just to be clear; by that I mean a single room that has a ceiling as high as two stories. Problem about this super plan is that the basement tool is not really used to that. You can eliminate the "basement space" above the room, but that just leaves that space as empty space, and not as part of the room.

Using the basement tool, it is impossible to remove the just the floor of a room; you'll just end up removing the entire basement space. I've been looking around, and I did find some similair threads, but they were about rooms that are partially above ground, and partially underground. My (future two-story) room is entirely underground, and uses two floors competly carved out using the basement tool. It's not really an option to go back to the "sims 2" style of building a basement; a lot of the basement is already decorated.

Hope someone can help
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 11:23 AM
It's a long time since I did this, but it's suppose to work like: select any floor tiles and by holding down ctrl just delete the floor between the two stories.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 3:39 PM Last edited by peepeevs : 1st Feb 2016 at 3:54 PM.
Wait, you can do that? I'm gonna try

Edit: Yes, as it turns out, you can do this. I did know that it this was a way of removing floor tiles, but I didn't even think about it as an option for this issue. Thanks for the help.