Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 20th Jun 2009 at 1:16 AM. Reason: Adding pictures to post
Default House in Edit Town mode looks blank
Perhaps other people are having this problem as well?

Please view the attached pictures.

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...3_BuildMode.jpg

When I am editing my house in build / buy mode everything works as it should. Sorry, but that is as far back as the game allows me to go. As you can see, it is somewhat spacey and there is an enclosed outdoor area like an ancient Roman style villa. There are no problems here so far, as this house is under construction.

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...ditTownMode.jpg

However, when I zoom out to Edit Town Mode the whole lot looks bare and my house cannot be seen in what seems to be a vast ocean of blue.

This has only begun to happen in my latest copy to library. My comp surpasses the recommended specs. Is this a common faux pas of the program, with a common solution?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:26 AM
I read on the exchange that a certain lot will sink in Sunset Valley. I don't play big lots, so I don't know what the exact location is, but if you search sinking lots, you will see in the results what I am talking about.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:26 AM
Well, I was able to solve the problem for myself! It seems that Edit Town mode abhorred the task of showing a 60x60 house being built with five levels where each level did not yet have flooring. Perhaps the game was confused between outside and inside and wanted me to close up those grand halls.

After filling in the top of everything that was open, excluding the center pool area, the game began showing the mansion normally in Edit Town mode. Very strange, indeed! I hope this helps someone else.
Site Helper
#4 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:43 PM
Bizarre. Thanks for the information; I'm sure that other people will run into this problem.