Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 8:43 AM
Has anyone heard of or had this problem while Instaling Sims 1
I am not sure if any one can help, but here I go.

Just reciently, after getting rid of a lot of old computer stuff I no longer use, I found my copy(s) of The Sims 1. Being a bit nostalgic, I decided to try and install it on my Windows XP machine. (because that's the machine I originaly had it on)

The CD loads the loader (or whatever it is) fine, but when I go to install it I get the following Windows Error box.

"An Instalation Suport File Could Not Be Instaled.
Not Enough Storage Is Available To Complete This Operation."

I've tried googling it but I can't find a match. Does anyone else have or had this problem?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 11:07 AM
Well, no but I can reassure you it's not an incompatibility problem with XP - XP will run TS1 just fine. What's the size of your HD and how much space do you have available?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 7:46 PM Last edited by roxis231 : 16th Oct 2012 at 7:49 PM. Reason: Updated Information
I've got 2 Drives, 40GB and 160GB respectivly, and each is only half full, so there is no space problems.

Besides all the other programs I have of a similar age Install without a single problem, Its only The Sims 1 that gets this message.

EDIT: I've done a bit more investigating, and I think it might be related to a leftover file from the last time I instaled it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 2:49 AM
Ok - This is embarising.

After following all the Information show in the Trouble Shooting Guide at The Secret Society of Woobsha:The Right Way To Reinstall
I got my copy of Sims 1 to work.

However while reinstalling The Sims: Make A Date I found out what the problem really was:

The Maxis Instaler(s) seem to HATE my COMODO firewall.

Sorry if this has caused anyone any problems.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:23 PM
Yeah, Firewalls can be that way. I'm happy for you that you got the game installed though! At least you will know next time. And maybe you helped someone else experiencing the same problems. There seems to be a variety of issues people can have when trying to install sims 1. There's also TONS of useful info on the page you linked, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 8:23 AM
I have Sims 1,2 and 3 all installed on my computer. Sometimes I feel that 1 and 2 are more fun to play since there are quite a lot of small problems when playing the Sims 3.