Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:39 AM
Default Why dont you support this game on the site?
There ARE lots of people who do still play the original game.
Why dont you guys support this?

Afterall, it IS modthesims.com.

Not modthesims2 or modthesims3.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 11:07 AM
Yeah, but it was Mod the Sims 2 before 3 was released and the name changed. It's always been about the second and then the third game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Site Helper
#3 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:12 PM
Is this question due to the relatively low number of posts here, or due to having made some Sims 1 CC and trying to upload it?

If the former; As maxxon says, Sims 1 was added after Sims 3 came out and the name was changed. It's up to the people who want it supported to actually generate support.

If the latter: ... I don't know. (Unless you can convince Delphy that it would be a Great Idea to be more complete, and a Sims 1 discussion area needs Sims 1 downloads?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:48 PM
When MTS2 changed to MTS and started hosting for sims 3, there was a section in the news post as to why MTS dose not and will not support sims 1 content. I cant remember what it is, but if you search through the news section im sure youll find it.
Im gona talk out of my ass here, but I think it was something along the lines that the sims 1 regular player base is really low compared to the other two games (most people play it evey other weekend or once a month or every now and then ect) and plus other sites have hosted content for YEARS previously, so it would be redundant for MTS to host it too.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:25 PM
Since this is an all volunteer operation, you might find that volunteering to be the person who handles Sims1 downloads and content here would make the Powers more inclined to expand in that direction.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
#6 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:59 PM
Yeah it started out as 2, as other said because the site has only existed since 2 came out.

ETA I found that thread - I only read to the 2nd page and found there when someone asked if there'd be a sims 1 section Delphy said "Most likely not" - and I thought this section in discussion was only added sometime last year?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
and I thought this section in discussion was only added sometime last year?

I, in fact, made the very first post on this section on July 9th 2012. <smiles with pride>
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481056

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yeah, but it was Mod the Sims 2 before 3 was released and the name changed. It's always been about the second and then the third game.

Yea but that dont stop us from supporting both Sims 2,3, medievil and the stories now does it? :P
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Yea but that dont stop us from supporting both Sims 2,3, medievil and the stories now does it? :P

How are Stories and Medieval being supported to a greater degree on MTS than The (original) Sims? Stories doesn't even have it's own discussion forum; it gets discussed in TS2. Everything Medieval -- tech support, sharing downloads, gameplay discussion -- takes place in the Medieval discussion forum. It's basically a user-to-user support system. What makes Medieval lively and useful are the forum members who post there.