Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 5:56 PM
Default Does The Sims 1 Work on Windows 8?
Hello, I have ordered The Sims Double Deluxe online, and I am wondering
about other people's experiences with The Sims 1 on Windows 8. Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 6:26 PM
I just installed Deluxe, and the game installed fine and it seemed to work but then I noticed some weird things.

None of the pop ups (like from telephone calls) were showing up, but the game would still pause until I clicked okay. So I click around the screen until I find it. This also includes my sims actions. They're invisible, but I can mouse over where they should be and can still cancel them.

As well, in buy or build mode, there are no pictures of the items, just blue squares. Their descriptions will only pop up for a millisecond and disappear. The items can still be bought and will show up in my house fine, it's just a pain not knowing how much what I'm buying is and having to click on everything to know what it is (especially wallpaper :P).

The last problem I've noticed so far is that any description bar that pops up (a sims name, item price, action when I mouse over my sims action list) is messed up, unreadable. This makes it especially hard, combined with the missing pictures and pop ups, to know what's going on.

I'm going to try installing some expansion packs and see if they work any better. In the meantime, if anyone has any advice for me or any different experiences thatèd be cool to hear too
Site Helper
#3 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 7:10 PM
Here's the thread where we are already discussing this. Let's stick to that thread.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=490415