Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 4:17 AM
The best path when converting Objects
this question may be abit strange but here is my situation!

I'm converting Objects from FFXIV into functional objects in the sims 4, its been pretty easy so far actually, the scale of furniture has been right and the textures while lesser quality then the sims 4 they still look good ingame, a issue Ive come across is that some objects (mostly clutter/decoration items) are actually multiple .obj meshes put together, so what would be the best way to go about converting these objects?

Should I combine the meshes into a single one?, how would this translate into the textures, when the object would originally have 2 or 3" What would be the best way to combine these files? Some single meshes also contain multiple texture files!

Or should I keep everything separate and have what would be a put it together yourself sets?

If certain objects had certain effects ingame ie light up, be a fire place, playmusic etc, how would I go about recreating these effects for the sims 4?

thank you all for your help!
Advertisement
Icy Spicy
#2 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iam4ever
this question may be abit strange but here is my situation!

I'm converting Objects from FFXIV into functional objects in the sims 4, its been pretty easy so far actually, the scale of furniture has been right and the textures while lesser quality then the sims 4 they still look good ingame, a issue Ive come across is that some objects (mostly clutter/decoration items) are actually multiple .obj meshes put together, so what would be the best way to go about converting these objects?

Should I combine the meshes into a single one?, how would this translate into the textures, when the object would originally have 2 or 3" What would be the best way to combine these files? Some single meshes also contain multiple texture files!

Or should I keep everything separate and have what would be a put it together yourself sets?

If certain objects had certain effects ingame ie light up, be a fire place, playmusic etc, how would I go about recreating these effects for the sims 4?

thank you all for your help!

Unfortunately for multiple obj , merging the meshes will require remapping the separate obj on a composite texture( A lot of work!) I am not sure whether there is any other way. If there is I would like to know too.
About DIY objects...what kind of objects are you reffering to ? Seems like an interesting idea

Adding effects will require adding the fx component to the object tuning( + fx slot if not already present). Basically, a custom tuning for object in question will be required.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Unfortunately for multiple obj , merging the meshes will require remapping the separate obj on a composite texture( A lot of work!) I am not sure whether there is any other way. If there is I would like to know too.
About DIY objects...what kind of objects are you referring to ? Seems like an interesting idea

Adding effects will require adding the fx component to the object tuning( + fx slot if not already present). Basically, a custom tuning for object in question will be required.

I might have to look into that doing composite textures and the like thought it just sounds like alot of work, as for custom tuning how what would that look like?

with the DIY objects some of the objects have multiple meshes like with this portrait:

The frame is one object and the portrait itself another, right now I have them as 2 separate objects in game and you have to place the frame on-top of the painting.

Another example is this meal set:

The food and plate-ware are separate objects I could have it so they are 2 separate decorative objects and you would have to place the food onto the plates to get the full effect or you could just have the empty plates if one would like.
Icy Spicy
#4 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:05 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 15th Mar 2017 at 9:38 PM.
Those objects look absolutely fantastic!
The DIY potraits sound really cool especially if you include recolours of the pictures and the frames and people can mix and match. Ditto for the food!

Adding fx component to an object -

You need to add an On and Off Client state to the object tuning . Example -

Code:
<V n="state" t="enabled">
      <U n="enabled">
        <L n="states">
          <U>
            </U>
          <U>
            <L n="client_states">
              <U>
                <T n="key">98745<!--GenericFX_On--></T>
                <U n="value">
                  <V n="vfx_state" t="apply_new_value">
                    <V n="apply_new_value" t="start_vfx">
                      <V n="start_vfx" t="single_effect">
                        <U n="single_effect">
                          <T n="effect_name">s40_shadow_realm_smoke</T>
                        </U>
                      </V>
                    </V>
                  </V>
                </U>
              </U>
              <U>
                <T n="key">98746<!--GenericFX_Off--></T>
                <U n="value">
                  <V t="apply_new_value" n="vfx_state" />
                </U>
              </U>
            </L>
            <V t="reference" n="default_value">
              <T n="reference">98745<!--GenericFX_On--></T>
            </V>
            <T n="reset_on_load_if_time_passes">True</T>
            <T n="reset_to_default">True</T>
          </U>
         </L>
      </U>
    </V>

In the above example i am associating the On state with the vfx - s40_shadow_realm_smoke