Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 3:56 PM
Default Sims 3 Windows 10 msvcr100.dll missing
Hi everyone.
I hope I can get some help of you here. I bought a new laptop with windows 10 on it. I downloaded Sims 3 Base Game from Origin without a problem, installed it without a problem. Launched it and when I wanna press play a message pops up. The msvcr100.dll is missing on your computer. And the game can not be played at all. I tried to reinstall it, but yet again, the same message poped up. I googled the problem and apparently something is wrong with the Microsoft Visual C +++ 2010 Redistributable . I went to the microsoft page and downloaded it (64 bit) and clicked on repair. But then nothing. ... It is still not working!! I have the latest Microsoft Visual 2015 on my laptop... Has anyone the same problem ?? or had and can give me some advice?? Thank you so much in advance!

My specs are as followed :
Windows 1 Home x64
Processor Intel Core i7 6500 CPU, 2.5 GHz
RAM 8 GB
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:19 PM
Have you tried downloading the file to your computer?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/w...-image-3589464/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Have you tried downloading the file to your computer?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/w...-image-3589464/

Hi,
thank you for the link. I haven´t tried to just download the file since I don´t really know if I can trust that page. I have only tried to download the visual c +++ 2010 from the microsoft page.with no success

do you know if that page you linked to is trustworthy?
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:07 PM
I can only talk about my experience, but I've downloaded dll's from there in the past and haven't had issues. Just don't download any "fixer" software or anything like that. Just the *.dll file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
I can only talk about my experience, but I've downloaded dll's from there in the past and haven't had issues. Just don't download any "fixer" software or anything like that. Just the *.dll file.

ok, thank you so much ! i will try that out!