Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 2:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

World Adventures, Generations
Default HELP ME to move this to Sims3 section: Sims are not swimming, issue with lifeguard career
I have issue where sims that come to beach will at most enter water but never start swimming around. They will basically just "float" still in water in swimming position until after a time being they get out of it. I didn't notice this issue before but now I tried lifeguard career and my lifeguard lvl7 has had no single rescue from water, only the first aid ones. Everything in my game seems to work fine. I have:
* mostly disabled awesomemod (I think I may have downloaded it for CAS sliders)
* nraas almost full productions, except I removed "go here" when this issue first arose because sims seemed to stop at border of beach lot very short way into water - for some reason they started going further into water after
* used to have Townies out in town mod but removed it too because I feared it might be trying to determine where my uncontrollables should or should not be and effecting the issue I'm having with getting them swim
* used to have some routing fix possibly twoftmamas one which I also pulled out in desperate attempt to help this
Right now I got Legacy Islands neighbourhood but I have tried at least one other and issue was right the same there. I'm clueless if it could be something about the beach but I suspect I have some sort of mod setting issue ...

Oh no I was at sims 3 section but somehow this ended up to sims 2 one.... and now i can't figure how to move or delete it... Help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 2:13 AM
Hi! Now that you're moved into the Sims 3 section, hopefully someone who has played the lifeguard career more recently will have some tips for you.

On the one or two occasions that I tried to play this career outside of Isla Paradiso, it never played well (or completely). Most days my Sim spent surveying the beach without even a first aid event. Drowning rescues were very rare, I got bored and moved on to another career.

I haven't tried the 'Pool Jobs for Lifeguards' mod by Icarus_allsorts yet, but it looks like a very good mod to try out.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=574660
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 5:18 AM
The only definitive way I know to test this would be to pull all your mods out and try the career in a "clean" game. I've played the lifeguard career several times in several different worlds with no problems. (I don't have any mods that affect sim/game behavior.) Is this an EA world or a custom world? If it's custom, perhaps there is non-routing paint or a problem with the depth of the water / slope of the beach. I have noticed that, when I direct a sim to snorkel, it takes quite a few seconds of them floating in the water before they change into snorkeling gear. I really can't speak to EA worlds because I very rarely play them. Hopefully, someone else will have other suggestions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 4:56 PM
It's legacy islands and I had this issue in one other custom word. Now the summer came and my sim hit level 9 and I don't know if either factor effected but she just got her first water rescue (as level 9!). You could be right about routing, it could be stopping most of the characters that go into water from swimming, or maybe they are just not bored enough.