Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Pool objects wont work
so im sorta new here and after reading many walls of text on what to post and what to read and every step included ive come to this page so as the title says the pool objects dont work they float in the air and i get a message that tells me to place it against a wall i can go into edit town and make a pool and place pool objects on other lots just not mine just after i switched from a 40x20 lot to a 64x64 one and i flattened/leveled the lot as much as possible to make sure nothing was sloped etc so i dont get why it doesnt work i have all the stuff packs, and all the expansions and a lot of cc and ts3 store content and ive extensively tested all of the cc that is installed atm and can find no cause for it and i have even started over and made 3 pools nothing works so far any help would be appreciated(if anyone still uses this site)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 6:06 AM
Welcome to MTS. Pools can be fiddly regarding ladders and such. I would try to move the objects around slowly to see if you can get the correct placement. It is also possible that the lot you are using is bugged. Try to make a rectangle shaped pool on a new lot, and see if you can place objects. Finally, try with a new game folder. Rename your current game folder, to something like, The Sims 3 old. Start the game and a new folder will be generated. Test the pool object issue in a new game, which will be both mod and cc free. Please post back if you still have the issue. Good luck.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Welcome to MTS. Pools can be fiddly regarding ladders and such. I would try to move the objects around slowly to see if you can get the correct placement. It is also possible that the lot you are using is bugged. Try to make a rectangle shaped pool on a new lot, and see if you can place objects. Finally, try with a new game folder. Rename your current game folder, to something like, The Sims 3 old. Start the game and a new folder will be generated. Test the pool object issue in a new game, which will be both mod and cc free. Please post back if you still have the issue. Good luck.

if it is just the lot i dont know how i made it in the world editor its brand new all i did was copy my old lot 40x20 and place it in a new one 64x64 and aside from the pool objects not working everything seems fine but for some reason im seeing something under the pool when its made like a brown texture when i go down one floor i only see the outside pool wall and still cant place objects so idk what the deal is and im still testing cc cuz i have a whole folder dedicated to cc and when i tried to use the whole folder sims 3 wouldnt load also the new lot was made in lunar lakes if that has anything to do with it and its not just the ladders trying to place lights, the waterfall rock thingy and the pool signs etc just wont work any more info would be appreciated
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:10 PM
Perhaps if you could show us a picture of that, it would help us to understand.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Perhaps if you could show us a picture of that, it would help us to understand.

where are screenshots stored for sims 3? and when i play again ill take a screenshot

also as a side note i want to make an xml tuning mod but i cant find the resources to use i just want to edit the death flower or if possible the way it is interacted with i know one requires an xml and one requires an itun but after countless minutes(shouldnt take that long anyways) of searching i couldnt find anything so its another thing i need help with(that is if i fix the previous problem)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JordanB500
where are screenshots stored for sims 3? and when i play again ill take a screenshot
Documents/ElectronicArts/The Sims 3/Screenshots

Quote:
also as a side note i want to make an xml tuning mod but i cant find the resources to use i just want to edit the death flower or if possible the way it is interacted with i know one requires an xml and one requires an itun but after countless minutes(shouldnt take that long anyways) of searching i couldnt find anything so its another thing i need help with(that is if i fix the previous problem)
Without knowing what it is that you want to change it is difficult to point you in the right direction, but you can search the GameplayData.package with S3PE for all entries containing the word "Deathflower" (if that's the in-game name of the plant).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Documents/ElectronicArts/The Sims 3/Screenshots

Without knowing what it is that you want to change it is difficult to point you in the right direction, but you can search the GameplayData.package with S3PE for all entries containing the word "Deathflower" (if that's the in-game name of the plant).

i did that searching for death, flower, plant and deathflower and no such luck i also sorted everything by tag also so i only looked for xmls and ituns
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JordanB500
i did that searching for death, flower, plant and deathflower and no such luck i also sorted everything by tag also so i only looked for xmls and ituns

here are the images btw sorry if they are small(i didnt see a way to upload bigger images, perhaps a video would have been better0

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:26 AM
There are 9 resources containing the word "DeathFlower"
3 containing the word "Deathflower"
5 containing the words "Death Flower"
Spelling seems to be crucial here and it varies across the files.

What is it that you want to change?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 2:54 AM
if possible i want to change death flowers(plant) so they dont die after being harvested and that thay can be replanted with death flowers(item)
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:22 AM
Even new lots can be bugged. A lot that was working in another place can be bugged when moved.
Did you place a 64 X 64 lot from edit town, or did you use a lot that was already in the world?
In your picture, what is the yellow? It seems that is your problem. Did you go down one level to see if anything is in the way?
Save the lot to the library in edit town. Go to the empty lot and build a basement.
Activate cheats: testingcheatsenabled true and Buydebug on.
Look at the lot at ground level and in basement level to see if anything is in the way.
Level the lot, with the building tool, and replace your pool lot.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:51 AM
For placing pool objects it sometimes helps if I place them from the opposite side of the pool. In your screenshots you would not try to place it at the edge closer to you but the other side of the pool (hope that makes any sense).

But yes, I'm curious too, what is the yellow thing?

You can upload your screenshots right to your post - just scroll down a bit when replying and find the upload button in the attachment section of the reply page.