Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Eivindhakestad : 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Adding a sub question

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Radeon RX 460 nitro not detected by sims 3.
I have followed a guide on how to make sims recognize my card, but there is nothing close to any rx series in my list of graphics cards. It is from the vendor ATI.

Radeon RX 460 nitro with the device number: 67ef.

I would love if someone could help me with this!

I tried to add my card behind one from radeon, but it didnt detect it, so i decided not to mess around any more.

Also, i realize that my sims 3 version is probably somewhat outdated, but there's no internet on my gaming rig at the moment to update the game. Could a possible solution be to download graphicscards.srg and graphicsrules.srg to the laptop and then transfer them to my gaming rig? Would the two updated srg files work with an outdated version of the game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:42 PM
The easiest method is here, and use the profile for the AMD Radeon HD 7900. Of course use your device ID number, not the ones in the example.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4782510

The newest patches haven't updated the sgr files since Jan 2014 or probably way before that. Your card will not have its own profile listing as it's newer, so borrowing the profile of the strongest card available would suffice.