Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 9:12 AM
Default Okay I got the Careers thing sorted thank you but
my game keeps freezing and I think it's due to the fact that I accidentally changed the resource file into notepad document but I don't know how to restore it to it's original I went to properties and everything but no, although the game could be freezing because this laptop isn't compatible and is only 2 RAM, but it was playing fine for ages now 3 minutes into the game and it's frozen, any advice? thank you

also thank you to the person who said to go to city hall to enable the killing thing, it worked! my sim was able to kill another , she was about to get arrested and she's pregnant but the cop went away for some reason lol.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 10:54 AM
I think I was "that person," although my colleague @barbarat was directing you to an NRaas wiki page that had the same information. Turned out to be pretty good advice from someone like me who has never touched the Assassination skill himself.

It doesn't matter what file association your Resource.cfg file has, the game will read it the same regardless. The file associations are merely a convenience of Windows (and Mac) that dictate which program a file opens into when you double-click on it. The association and icon could be that of a movie or music file, still wouldn't make any difference. You just wouldn't be able to open and edit it properly that way with a simple double-click and it would look silly. To us, not to the game.

A laptop with 2 GB of RAM if that's what you meant would be expected to balk at the game frequently, if not constantly. What version of Windows (or Mac) are you running? The Windows version of the game will try to reach for up to 4 GB all by itself and you only have half that to work with -- much less really as the operating system itself would be using quite a lot of that before the game even enters into the picture. When TS3 can't get the RAM it is asking for, it will balk, stall, freeze up , crash, or Error 12, none of which make it very playable I'm afraid. You may be able to start new games okay, but as they progress they are going to call for more and more RAM until this happens from the sound of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think I was "that person," although my colleague @barbarat was directing you to an NRaas wiki page that had the same information. Turned out to be pretty good advice from someone like me who has never touched the Assassination skill himself.

It doesn't matter what file association your Resource.cfg file has, the game will read it the same regardless. The file associations are merely a convenience of Windows (and Mac) that dictate which program a file opens into when you double-click on it. The association and icon could be that of a movie or music file, still wouldn't make any difference. You just wouldn't be able to open and edit it properly that way with a simple double-click and it would look silly. To us, not to the game.

A laptop with 2 GB of RAM if that's what you meant would be expected to balk at the game frequently, if not constantly. What version of Windows (or Mac) are you running? The Windows version of the game will try to reach for up to 4 GB all by itself and you only have half that to work with -- much less really as the operating system itself would be using quite a lot of that before the game even enters into the picture. When TS3 can't get the RAM it is asking for, it will balk, stall, freeze up , crash, or Error 12, none of which make it very playable I'm afraid. You may be able to start new games okay, but as they progress they are going to call for more and more RAM until this happens from the sound of it.

Thank you yes 2GB of RAM it's frozen again and just as I was really getting into it it must be the laptop I have to wait two weeks now to get a compatible one 😩😩
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 11:47 AM
Oh and I'm on windows