Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#6676 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
That's definitely not normal - probably is some kind of mods/cc conflict (haven't tried the baby pot, but the toilet cleaning works fine in my game)

Is that so? I need to check my mods then :o Because it has been doing that for long time.
Advertisement
Instructor
#6677 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 12:36 PM Last edited by DrewInTheSky : 16th Dec 2018 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
Is that so? I need to check my mods then :o Because it has been doing that for long time.

If testing cheats gives an error, might be a good idea to take a note of it and see if anyone recognizes it on the forum.
Maybe you could try in a vanilla testing hood and see if you get the error - then trying the 50/50 method (although I suggest first to check your plantsims related mods first and, maybe, the toilets/babypot ones too?).
Alchemist
#6678 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
If boolprop cheat is on, it will throw error.
by "boolprop cheat" do you mean the testingcheatsenabled cheat?
there are many "boolprop" cheats.
Top Secret Researcher
#6679 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 9:51 PM
One sim's social can be boosted simply by sleeping next to another sim. Emma came home with her social all the way down. I sent her to bed and the next morning it was mid-yellow, I'm assuming from spooning with her husband all night.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6680 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
by "boolprop cheat" do you mean the testingcheatsenabled cheat?
there are many "boolprop" cheats.

I think it's fair to assume that since that's the first and most important boolprop cheat most people learn, I think. And to my knowledge it's the only one that brings up error popup messages.
Lab Assistant
#6681 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I think it's fair to assume that since that's the first and most important boolprop cheat most people learn, I think. And to my knowledge it's the only one that brings up error popup messages.

Yup, i meant that Boolprop cheat. I need to try the 50/50 method some time; it thankfully doesn't bother me that much
Inventor
#6682 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 6:38 PM
That the cinematic for aging up doesn't play nice with the aging to YA that Squinge's college pack does. I usually have cinematics turned off but decided to pop them back on as I poked at main hood Strangetown. During Johnny Smith's birthday party, I sent him to the cake to age up. I forgot that with the college pack he would age up to YA even if a regular cake is used (I usually stick to the modded one that's included). The camera popped into cinematic mode and the music played, but rather than do all the posing he was meant to do, Johnny just calmly picked up a piece of cake and walked off. The camera remained stuck until the cutscene should have ended, while all the sims were off doing their thing. This just reminds me of why I keep them off in the first place!
Mad Poster
#6683 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 7:06 PM
I like the cinematics but I swear that sometimes the camera goes out of the way to just give me a view of a nearby wall.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6684 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM
There's a cinematic for aging up to adult?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
Theorist
#6685 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:50 AM
There's a cinematic for every age transition under the right circumstances (I think you need a birthday party and then have them age up with the cake)
Not that I've seen them in years, it bothers me to no end that they age up wearing random clothes, that kinda ruins the cinematic for me completely.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#6686 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:31 AM
The only aging cinematic I regularly see is the entering college cinematic, and usually they age up into something terrible, or worse, their new outfit glitches out and makes their body invisible for the rest of the cinematic. However, one time my teen sim aged up into the YA version of his teen outfit and the cinematic was pretty much perfect.
Top Secret Researcher
#6687 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:56 AM
Ah, that's why I never see it. I never do birthday parties.

Forum Resident
#6688 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:56 AM
Default Just discovered how to make multi-house lots.
I've been working on a huge project for a while. I made a huge multi house lot with eight houses using the myme doors, When I got done, I changed the lot zoning to dorm. Not only does it prevent YA's aging up when they are on residential lots, it's free housing too. Then I moved in 8 sims, claimed their doors, locked them for all but the assigned sims. The adults can claim doors too when moved in. I made a central community area with a mini nightclub dance floor and two other hangout buildings.
The sims being assigned to their own houses worked like a charm. the whole lot works perfectly with no errors, glitches, or corruption issues. What other secrets does sims 2 hold? I will just have to play more and see.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#6689 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 8:54 AM
Oh, that's like sims 3 in sims 2! Will have to try some time!
Mad Poster
#6690 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 10:39 AM
Dorms only can be used in Uni, can't they? Because dorms don't show up in the regular house bin in the main neighborhood, or so I thought.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#6691 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 11:17 AM
The lot will only be available in uni if you save it as a dorm and put it in your lots and houses bin. To prevent that, Keep the lot as residential when moving to lots and houses, Then when you put your lot back in the neighborhood, go into build mode, bring up the cheat box, then type "changeLotZoning dorm" (without the quotes.) Enter it, then save your lot and exit to the neighborhood. You will see the change from for sale (residential) to space available (dorm). Be warned, Once you finish building your lot and save it as a dorm, You won't be able to build onto it, only redecorate walls, floors, and gardens. Buy mode is still available. The only way to enable build mode on a finished dorm is to use the cheat
"boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false" (without the quotes) but I haven't tried that cheat. I just usually finish building my lot, save it, put it in lot and houses, put it back in the neighborhood then change it over to dorm.
Scholar
#6692 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 7:12 AM
Toddlers can steal bottles from one another. I've seen in it the trailers but I thought it was something they'd left out of the actual game. It was adorable the way the would-be thief fell over backwards!
Lab Assistant
#6693 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 10:28 AM
I was always sad that a couple couldn't cuddle on the couch while watching TV together. Yesterday I found out that they could! It made me so happy.
Mad Poster
#6694 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Toddlers can steal bottles from one another. I've seen in it the trailers but I thought it was something they'd left out of the actual game. It was adorable the way the would-be thief fell over backwards!

It's the way to start a life of dislike for each other. As is this: a toddler is very unhappy, I direct another toddler to huggle them, toddler 1 refuses; both get negative reactions.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#6695 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
It's the way to start a life of dislike for each other. As is this: a toddler is very unhappy, I direct another toddler to huggle them, toddler 1 refuses; both get negative reactions.

These two didn't seem to have any hard feelings and spent the next couple of hours huggling.

But I have another pair who spent an afternoon alternately asking for a huggle and being refused, then being asked and refusing!
Mad Poster
#6696 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 10:40 PM
If you turn off the HUI when saving a camera position (Ctrl + 5-9), you can return to the marked sport only when in tab mode or HUI turned off (Shift + 5-9).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#6697 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 11:01 PM
You can save camera positions from 4-9 though.
Mad Poster
#6698 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 11:35 PM
Oh right.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6699 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 9:25 AM
I was totally surprised by one outcome of a telescope abduction: the abductee came back, not pregnant, but transformed into a warlock! That was one special telescope, I guess!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6700 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 2:24 PM
You don't have BO's alien abduction hack, do you?
Page 268 of 442