Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6701 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
it bothers me to no end that they age up wearing random clothes, that kinda ruins the cinematic for me completely.
They're the clothes that relatives give them for their birthday! Then they go downtown and buy the clothes they really want. That's why you should always ask for money for your birthday.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6702 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:48 PM
@AndrewGloria - Are you able to use Christianlov's Clothing Rack? My Sims are entitled to a free change of clothes on age-up, so I always stick the clothing rack (has an option for free clothes) somewhere nearby during a birthday. Although I don't think you have Seasons, it also includes the outerwear (which is why I use it instead of Gussy Up).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6703 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
AndrewGloria - Are you able to use Christianlov's Clothing Rack? My Sims are entitled to a free change of clothes on age-up, so I always stick the clothing rack (has an option for free clothes) somewhere nearby during a birthday. Although I don't think you have Seasons, it also includes the outerwear (which is why I use it instead of Gussy Up).

Midgethetree fixed that, so now there is a version of Gussy Up that supports outerwear. I see it's been updated to include BV jewelry too.

http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...y-internet-died
Mad Poster
#6704 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You don't have BO's alien abduction hack, do you?

Why, as a matter of fact, I do have it. Now I understand..his "alien experiments'-global."

Hey, I never had the situation before, so I wouldn't have known it was going to happen. I rarely have the pixels play with telescopes. I know the damage they can do.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6705 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Midgethetree fixed that, so now there is a version of Gussy Up that supports outerwear. I see it's been updated to include BV jewelry too.

http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...y-internet-died

Gah, that one causes an error for me (all EPs and SPs). The outerwear version works okay, but the BV jewellery one is problematic. Anyone else finding this, or is it just me? I'll test it on its own when I get time.
Forum Resident
#6706 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 7:12 PM
That even toddlers and pets enjoy music.
I once left the music on in the Caliente manor because of course I did, and soon enough toddler Felicia crawled over to it and sat down. I went to check up on her, and it turned out she was dancing by flailing her arms around.
Then, I left a stereo on yet again, this time at the Burbs' house, and soon enough I heard the cat meowing. I went over to see if one of his needs was too low or something, but it turned out he was singing along to the radio!
The little things like that make this game so fun.
Mad Poster
#6707 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 7:17 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 28th Dec 2018 at 10:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Gah, that one causes an error for me (all EPs and SPs). The outerwear version works okay, but the BV jewellery one is problematic. Anyone else finding this, or is it just me? I'll test it on its own when I get time.

I also have all EPs and SPs (except the Holiday thing). The BV jewelry worked ok in my game when I tried it on a passing townie, but it cost money instead of being free like the clothes. When the Change Appearance dialog came up immediately afterward, the option to apply the jewelry to the sim was grayed out.

EDIT: I can apply the jewelry just fine to a playable sim, but not to NPCs and townies. It still costs $100 though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6708 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I also have all EPs and SPs (except the Holiday thing). The BV jewelry worked ok in my game when I tried it on a passing townie, but it cost money instead of being free like the clothes. When the Change Appearance dialog came up immediately afterward, the option to apply the jewelry to the sim was grayed out.

For me it causes an error when clicking on the active sim.
Scholar
#6709 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 8:03 PM
It's super easy to play an Uberhood and feel overwhelmed by so many Sims & forgetting what each Sim is doing, especially romances and stuff. Still fun non-the-less! :P
Inventor
#6710 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 9:49 PM
One of my pet peeves is that the game sometimes queue's up a sim to steal a newspaper and this action apparently trumps even active commands. My sim can literally have a paper stolen out of their hands! But, if you pause and use the move objects on cheat to stick the newspaper into your sim's inventory, it not only breaks the action but prevents the paper from disappearing. I've tried other methods like forcing error or teleporting the offending sim away and the paper would just poof along with them.
Field Researcher
#6711 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 5:08 AM
For the very first time today, I had toddlers try to catch butterflies. It was ridiculous and adorable - they couldn't succeed (I'm guessing) since they were just clapping at the butterflies.

Shows what happens when you actually neglect your toddlers, something I am trying to do more of with my current hood (for storyline development)
Mad Poster
#6712 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:38 PM
Sims can play on couch regardless of their personality (or It's aspiration related (Pleasure)?).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6713 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:45 PM
When you have a Sim with a cell phone, you can "Call.. Family.." and this is awesome because I can have my Sims meet their family that they haven't met yet like cousins, nieces, nephews etc etc. My Sims must always have a cell phone for this option & the call targets option (or is that Pescado's Mod? I don't know, LOL). Love it so much.
Alchemist
#6714 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:08 PM
That sounds like pescado's mod, maybe his phone hack or a plugin for it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6715 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:15 PM
That's Macrotastics.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6716 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:18 PM
Oooh, haha yes I have a macrotastic I think! I had to take the others out like the college rampage because I have Squinge Mega College Pack but I loooove that phone option thing!! :D
Mad Poster
#6717 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:20 PM
Procrasinate is the best thing ever when trying to line up Sims to ask for homework help.

Instructor
#6718 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Procrasinate is the best thing ever when trying to line up Sims to ask for homework help.

So is pose
Mad Poster
#6719 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:46 PM
Where is Macrotastic? Procrasinate (sic)??

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6720 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:55 PM
Macrotastics is a mod by Pescado that adds a bunch of pie menu option to do repetitive tasks, such as clean the entire house or drink coffee until the energy bar is full. (It's all optional, though. You have to direct them.) Procrastinate is just telling them not to do anything until an action is pushed onto them. It's helpful to keep them wandering off to play computer games when waiting for the carpool or so forth.

Before I got it, I had a lot of trouble trying to get Sims to ask for homework help. I'd get the parent to stand in one spot, but by the time the kid reached them they were off doing something else and the 'ask' action would drop from the queue and the kid would go do something else. It was a hassle.

Mad Poster
#6721 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:07 AM
There is sort of trick you can have a parent/child co-operate without the use of the mod. Just have both initiate the interaction on pause: have the child ask the parent and have the parent assist to help. You just gotta make sure that these actions are first in their queue or better yet - cancel all the others that might disrupt the interaction and just leave that one lingering.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6722 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 3:37 AM
Trying to get a parent to teach a child how to study is one of the rare times I turn off free will. They always seem to have routing issues to the homework and the teaching falls out of queue. By turning off free will they will actually do it instead of running off to the nearest TV/ instrument.
Mad Poster
#6723 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 4:46 AM
I just make one of them walk over to the other, then ask. Cancel the second one's action and easy.
Mad Poster
#6724 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:06 PM
Re the above posts: I have the same problem in a house full of toddlers, so while someone gets a bottle for one toddler I send all the hungry toddlers toward the fridge, then tell the feeder to feed a few. Like feeding a baby first, the toddlers will drink the dropped bottle.
OK, so I'm off to find the Macrotastic mod...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6725 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:22 PM
I also make use of Macrotastics "Power Idle," particularly for pregnant Sims. This makes them stand around (or sit, if it won't get in the way) until one of their motives drop, and then they go eat/pee/whatever. They might even automatically call their friends if the AutoYak mod is installed. Even better, if you tell them to do an action (or one is pushed onto them), they'll go back to power idling when they're finished. It's really helpful at times.

Page 269 of 445