Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#676 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:34 PM
According to that family tree and the one that comes with the Beginning of Pleasantview, Bruno and Mamie Ruggbyrne only have a daughter named Coral (who then later marries Herb Oldie and has Mary Sue Oldie who later marries Daniel Pleasant.) The thing I'm running into is that Mamie being a Family Sim keeps rolling wants for another baby. Also in my apparently alternate time line Benjamin and Susan Burb gave birth to twins and so did William and Anastasia Marsh, so both of John Burb's parents have twins that are not part of the "canon" family tree.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#677 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Wow apparently this is the genealogy for a fan made neighborhood by Madame Mim https://genensims.com/guest/MadameM...bourhoodsPV.htm So it contains some fanon (the maiden names of all the Matriarchs and stuff like Vadim Simovitch and Isabella Fiorello being brother and sister) but the stuff past the first generation is accurate.
It's form 2007 and you download the founders separately as toddlers. Quite interesting! Never knew this existed even though Gene Sims was probably one of the first Sims 2 fan sites I ever visited and downloaded from. As a kid I had like all their alien skins/eyes/hair in my game

Also the maiden name Madame Mim bestowed upon Gretle Goth translates to "of the Forest" so she's "Gretle of the Forest" why no brother named Hans then?

But it is recommended that you don't download those pixels as they are reportedly very problematic, and if you do, run them through the Clean Installer before you play them. These were made before it was generally known that they were part of a corrupted hood.

The houses, however, are fine. They seem to be empty of any references, so you can use them in your game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#678 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 10:45 PM
Not really a dilemma, but more of of 'what would you do' as I'm tryin to decide which way I wanna go. I've (re)started Beginnin PV. Pru Crumplebottom got preg and had a boy. I'd saved prior, but was ok w/ it bein a boy. Now the part that I can't decide what I wanna do is to go ahead and have the two girls, Agnes and Cornelia, or just let Edward take Agnes' place. Cornelia is the one who marries Gunther Goth. Agnes never married (at least not in Sims 2) so it's not like I'd really be changin a timeline.

So what would you do ...
a) have all three, Edward, Agnes, and Cornelia
or
b) let Edward replace Agnes
Mad Poster
#679 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 11:27 PM
I'd opt for the first choice..or keep trying until they have the required girls-if you're looking to keep the storyline intact-besides, don't be harsh with any 'extras' that might appear-you could have an entire subhood/downtown of nothing but the spares from the families where their lives get lived. I'm planning to do just that. Once I get the required babies in, the 'spares' will go to the 'outer borough (where the yet-to be played families are now) and they'll have their own little town in time to come.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Instructor
#680 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Not really a dilemma, but more of of 'what would you do' as I'm tryin to decide which way I wanna go. I've (re)started Beginnin PV. Pru Crumplebottom got preg and had a boy. I'd saved prior, but was ok w/ it bein a boy. Now the part that I can't decide what I wanna do is to go ahead and have the two girls, Agnes and Cornelia, or just let Edward take Agnes' place. Cornelia is the one who marries Gunther Goth. Agnes never married (at least not in Sims 2) so it's not like I'd really be changin a timeline.

So what would you do ...
or

It depends. Do you have something plan for Edward or are you going have him be unmarried and boring like Anges? I would say option B, if you have something to do for Edward.

In my PV, Anges is doing nothing in her life but fighting with her father, sister, and Gunther Goth who she felts betrayed & robbed her of the Goth Estate.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#681 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:17 AM
In Emerald Heights, Cole Steele has been sneaking off to SkEYE Corp Laboratories to study scientific subjects when he was supposed to be at work instead. He really doesn't want to follow in his parents' footsteps and has been saving up money (by writing articles on Monique's computer) to go to college. He's not aiming high Рhe's not going to be getting into Acad̩mie Le Tour with his background Рbut surely La Fiesta or Land Grant would accept him.

There's two dilemmas, though:

1. How would his parents react? They haven't caught him skipping work yet, but he's about to get fired (er, if I can get it to work). Although he has a good relationship with both parents and his father is a family Sim, both parents have zero nice points, so I can't imagine it going well.
2. Dr. Adam Splitter. Cole has struck up a sort of mentorship/friendship with him, not knowing about recent events. I imagine whenever Cole figures it out, it'll be a bit of a broken pedestal moment for him. Should I let him find out? If so, how?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#682 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

So what would you do ...
or

I'd do all three. I like building story out of game accidents and surprises so I'd already be building a whole story built to explain why Edward was never mentioned in PV. Where'd he go? What happened to him?
Alchemist
#683 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 4:14 AM
I love a good rags to riches story, as well as a classic tale of betrayal and disillusionment, so my personal preference is that you should do both--parents find out, are super upset and kick him out. They don't really expect him to leave, they just want him to realize the choices he's making, the fact that there's consequences for making certain decisions, that college is a scam, and you need money to live, yadda, yadda, yadda. They think Cole will cave, but he doesn't, his private savings is a confidence booster and he moves out on his own, determined to go to college.

Now, idk about the sims ages or the household set up, but I might take a detour here and let Dr. Splitter take him in (for a fee/room & board maybe?) and then Cole finds out about the unethical medical research and is disheartened & unsure of whether he should continue in science, or with college. Maybe he loses all his money trying to get out of there, maybe there's a fight that breaks out and some supernatural accidents happen as a result, maybe he gives up everything and returns home, defeated. Or alternately, he could go straight to college--maybe a word from the Doctor has gotten him a scholarship?--and find out about the zombie incident later, when he's up to his neck in school fees and wondering if he should switch majors to get a simpler degree... What's Cole's LTW, hobbies, personality? I don't know if he's the type that one tries once and immediately gives up if it doesn't work, or if he's persistent.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#684 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 7:56 AM
Weirdly enough, when Rob got home from work, he rolled a want for Cole to go to college! Lianne didn't, though...

As well, there's also a new baby in the family - named Kenneth, considering the, uh, circumstances surrounding his birth. I usually don't let heavily pregnant Sims near a stove. But sometimes they sneak off when I'm not looking.

Both of them were fine. It's a good thing that the Steeles are nice law-abiding citizens that have a fire alarm in their kitchen, isn't it?

In any case, I'm not sure how this changes things, though it might account for Rob's sudden bout of support.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#685 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 7:31 PM
Rob probably figures that college students are great marks and that Cole will do perfectly well scamming them if that's what he wants.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#686 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 23rd Nov 2018 at 7:31 AM.
What happened afterwards: Rob and Cole had a bit of a talk - although Cole didn't actually admit he didn't want to be a criminal, Rob got a pretty good idea of it. But the shock of nearly losing his wife and newborn son made him a bit more sentimental than usual, and he agreed to help Cole a bit. Cole got a job as a dog walker–a job that allows him more time to spend at the lab. Dr. Adam made a mention of Cole being rather bright, and that perhaps the Foundation could find some room in its budget for a scholarship...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#687 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:53 AM
From the Teens without guardians regarding House Property thread:

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Miss Orphanage is in the process of trying to set up a formalized foster care system.

I should probably think of a better name for her, too.

Okay, not really a dilemma. But I'm looking for suggestions.

Family aspiration, Aquarius (4/4/4/6/7).

Here's a picture:

She also's slightly smitten with the cafeteria worker who comes in to make meals.

Mad Poster
#688 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 3:13 AM
Mary Poppins, Bulbizzare.

Because she had to retire from Nannying to something, after all, and wouldn't staying in one place and looking after children who needed extra love and attention be just the ticket?

Mad Poster
#689 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:06 AM
Double posting, because I have a dilemma:
I'm playing quickly thru other families alongside a challenge in Widespot. The initial Widespot teens are all in college.
Scot and Virginia have been together since high school. I tried introducing them to higher bolting sims, nope. Not interested. So just before finals, mid sophmore year, they went out, took care of those first woohoo with and engagement wants they've been rerolling periodicly all college. Surprise! ACR and Inteen kicked in. Baby is due around the end of Sophmore year. (Dixie, the stinker, has been woohooing her fiance consequence free the entire time. She's at end of senior year.)
Ginny wants to be an Artist. Scot wants to marry off six kids. I don't really want to have them raising kids all out of sync in college-since challenge, I pulled my aging mods, and they'd have to get a house.
I could have them drop out. Daytona's dead, so while Ginny's parents wouldn't be thrilled, she'd have fewer problems, I think, than previous. I expect Scot would want to move in with his parents. I could credit them with AA degrees and cheat Ginny into Artist. I think that's fair?
I could use Inteen's suspend pregnancy function to pretend it didn't happen.
I could hustle them through college cheating semester length as fast as they can fill their grade bars, and probably get them done before baby ages to toddler.
Other ideas?

Alchemist
#690 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 4:36 AM
BO's individual aging. It'd take some math if you want to be exact about ages--otherwise you can turn aging off or on for individual sims as needed, or have them age every x anount of days, etc.

I've never used it in uni, but it's worth a shot: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2419.html

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#691 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:55 PM
According to Marka's info about the ancestors of the Desiderata Valley Sims some Sims died as adults instead of dying of old age. I'm playing just the Apsir ancestors and several of the Sims are affected. Since several of those Sims are close to becoming elders, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do:
A) Ignore the information and let them live happily into old age and die of old age
B) Purposely set up accidents that will kill them as adults
C) Create a CAS Sim to "assassinate" those Sims

I have a "dead Sims stay dead" rule, so I generally all I can to avoid accidents. I'm trying to figure out how to create "accidents" that will just kill those Sims and not anyone else in the household.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#692 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:39 PM
Perhaps you don't need a CAS Sim to assassinate them. John Mole comes from a long line of intelligence agents that perhaps would go to certain lengths to remain undercover....

Mad Poster
#693 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:53 PM
John Mole doesn't exist in this hood. Downloaded the Separated Aspir Ancestors from this thread: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579829 and put them into an empty version of Pleasantly Thriving: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=560205

Manuel and Paulina Aspir and their teen son Raul live in one house. Pavel and Keesa and their two teen daughters Larisa and Katerina Kozlov live in another house. The last house is Mikhail and Yuri Una and their recently turned teen son Alexi.

Paulina Aspir is one of the Sims that dies as an adult, and since she's 7 days away from elder, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do about her. No one currently in houses seems like the "type" to kill, so I'm thinking about making a Sims 2 Version of Daud from Dishonored and using him to "assassinate" her. She reached her LTW of being top of the science career, and a possible story is that a rival hired Daud to "get rid of her" possibly over a scientific discovery.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#694 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:59 PM
Oops, sorry. Another idea I'll throw out there is one of genetic disorders portrayed with a disease death. You might have to play around with Punnett squares a bit to make sure it'd actually make sense, though.

Mad Poster
#695 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:45 AM
What's wrong with killing them through flu, kitchen fires, pool accidents, etc.?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#696 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:28 PM
Sims Wiki is usually good with indicating how pre-mades died, but it doesn't mention anything about how Desiderata Valley's pre-mades died. Maybe Paulina can die from a broken heart, since she's a romance sim, according to Sims Wiki anyway.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#697 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 6:23 AM
I agree with Peni, a good kitchen fire, or even a fireplace living room fire, when orchestrated right, can be very efficient way of getting multiple sims to die, while leaving others safe. You can have the sims you want to be safe off world (at work, hiking, taking a drive, etc.) or simply in another part of the house. Sims won't notice a fire that's not in the same room with them. Then again...I'm a bit of a pyro when it comes to sim deaths. I may be biased.

Flu is good, too, but takes a while. I like electrocution better; if you want to have a sim to blame, have the "murder" or "assassin" tinker with an electrical object until it breaks. Then have the sim you want to kill fix it. The sim should have low mechanical skill and fairly low needs (low hunger especially & low energy doesn't hurt) and they should die when electrocuted. You could then have someone else Run with Scissors--maybe the family has a history of going crazy and committing suicide?? (It can be found here in the Sims 2 Official Site Archive: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...0Site%20Archive if you don't already have it). Once someone dies, you can get someone else to die of fright.

Hmm, I guess I'll just list all the ways sims can die so you can get ideas: 1. Cowplant 2. Disease 3. Drowning 4. Electrocution 5. Elevator 6. Fire 7. Flies 8. Fright 9. Hail 10. Lightning (Flying a kite, especially evil kites can attract lightning) 11. Murphy Bed 12. Old Age 13. Rally Forth 14. Running with Scissors 15. Satellite 16. Starvation 17. Sunlight (Vampires Only) 18. Wishing Well

Also, if a sim's hunger need is too low (i.e., completely depleted) when they overheat/freeze and collapse, then the sim will die. With all those ways to die, I think you can come up with something.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#698 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 6:53 AM
They can die from the Wishing Well?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#699 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They can die from the Wishing Well?

Bad wealth wish IIRC. The money bag falls on your head.
Mad Poster
#700 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote:
I like electrocution better; if you want to have a sim to blame, have the "murder" or "assassin" tinker with an electrical object until it breaks. Then have the sim you want to kill fix it. The sim should have low mechanical skill and fairly low needs (low hunger especially & low energy doesn't hurt) and they should die when electrocuted.

I've lost a few to this. It's very efficient, especially with the trash compactor and dishwasher. I've had the repairperson get zapped badly so that if they'd been a playable, they'd have died, too. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a Maxis machine or not-and sometimes even the mechanical skills don't work. I've had pixels with 10 points of mechanical skills get zapped badly and if they'd not been ok in all their bodily levels, they'd have died from it.

But there is a shortcut to tinkering around with those devices-the batbox. One of the options on it is "Smite" and that does a good job of electrocution for whomever you chose to zap. 1 time will drain their needs. 2 times in a row will kill them. I prefer to call it the "hand of god' especially when it's a sunny day and there's no rain at all...

As to fire, if you want a towering inferno, Simwardrobe's incendiary bomb is awesome. Make sure you keep those you want to save out of the lot before you set it off or else they'll be part of the body count.

Page 28 of 48