Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#76 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 4:17 PM
Oddly enough, I loved The Sims 1's aesthetics (not graphics mind you, something can have good aesthetics but horrible graphics, and vice-versa.) Every object looked so detailed, and the sims themselves had a quirky aesthetic. But the big thing for me, is that even though formal collections didn't exist in The Sims yet, everything screamed which EP it came in, and fed into the aesthetic of that particular world, whether it was Magictown, or Studiotown, or the french quarter old town, they all felt very thought out in design to complement the other objects of that particular pack.

They managed to create an aesthetic charm, that has lessened with each year, until you reach The Sims 3, in which the only truly aesthetic thing is nature, and who's going to stare at trees and rocks their entire game.

The aesthetics are gone, and I fear, even with The Sims 4, they will never come again.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
The music is the number one item on my list, followed by the magic system in MM and the pets in Unleased (no lie, when I reinstalled TS1 I found the pets in Unleased so much better). I've never touched the roller coaster, never actually seen it in game and had no idea it existed until people started talking about it -- I really need to find it and test it out myself.

The roller coaster can be found in buy mode, I think, when building a community lot. Hope this helped!!!
Mad Poster
#78 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hellokitty2001
The roller coaster can be found in buy mode, I think, when building a community lot. Hope this helped!!!
It's also already set up at one of the community lots in Magic Town. Every time I visit that lot, I have to keep a sharp eye on my Sims because I quickly lose them to it. Apparently, they love it. There are also some mini-golf courses at that same lot.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 1:46 PM
There's actually two rollercoasters in MagicTown, the spooky-themed one in,um, sorry, I don't remember the names of the lots. The one in the lower left hand corner of the neighborhood, IIRC, and the clown-themed one on the big carnival lot.

It was the clown-themed one that made my husband gasp in horror, when the car pops straight up in the air and lands in the clown head. Which is really freaking scary. It was a great way to get a kid's fun up enough to do his homework, sending him for a ride on the rollercoaster and then straight back home; but serious sims were always terrified on the roller coaster and I couldn't blame them.

What's in the buy catalog are pieces of rollercoaster and you build the coaster you want out of the pieces. It's possible the spooky coaster was one I built, but I don't think so.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#80 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 2:09 PM
The clown one that you mentioned is in this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otb4vKfEBdU - oddly enough, even though I've played that lot tons, my Simmies don't typically ride the coaster there. Not sure why that is. Usually, if this is the lot I'm thinking of, they were busy putting on magic shows and finding other ways to earn coins or shopping for baking ingredients. The trailer shows the pop-up feature you talked about.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:18 PM
I loved those rollercoasters.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#82 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What's in the buy catalog are pieces of rollercoaster and you build the coaster you want out of the pieces. It's possible the spooky coaster was one I built, but I don't think so.

There is a spooky one at Vernon's Vault. I am actually playing right now. I started playing PC sims when 2 came out. I played all the console versions, up to 3 which I hate on console. So I had never played TS1 on PC. This past weekend I was given the complete collection, so I've been playing it all week
Instructor
#83 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 3:31 PM
I donĀ“t remeber what I liked the best the first time around. I was obessessed with the "little peeing people" on the screen, and loved everything about them! But I was exited like everyone else when the sims 2 and 3 came out. Better graphics!, I thought. More interaction! etc. Now Im kinda sick of "more of everything". When I played the sims 1 recently I discovered one thing about the sims themselves. They are smarter than their successors. I always thought the sims 3 had the best AI, but if you make a serious effort to place rooms and bathrooms more cleverly, the sims 1 really do take care of themselves. I still love them.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Page 4 of 4