Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 9:28 AM
Default Throw Party tips
Do you have any tips to throw party?

I bought buffet table for food and toilet stall for bladder. but i don't know what to buy next, for fun and comfort. I already bought hot tub, but are there any other item that is good for party?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 3:09 PM
The campfire! Six sims gaining comfort, fun, and social all at once. Just make sure you have a fire alarm outside.

A stereo.

The costume chest.

For your magic sims, be sure to enchant a flamingo once in awhile.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 5:28 PM
I always had the mime show up. Or sometimes Drew Carey or the other "famous" guy, would stop by, to try to make my parties somewhat cool.
I'd say costumes and the Cake Dancer are crowd pleasers!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 8:46 PM
The biggest deal is, get started early and don't throw the party till you're set up for it. Then you don't have a prolonged enough droopy period after people start showing up to generate a mime.

I always had mixed feelings about Drew Carey or the Dropinskis showing up. On the one hand, they meant my party rocked. On the other hand - you couldn't get relationships with them, and while Drew didn't break your stuff and eat up all your food like the Dropinskis did, he did cause a big hole to open up under everybody's actions queues and render everybody impossible to corral for the socializing I'd called the party for to begin with.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 9:00 PM
The more your Sims socialize with the neighbors and some of the NPCs that show up during parties, the less likely it is that the mime will show up. Typically, the first party my Sims throw will have the mime. I have my hosts socialize with the guests and chat them up a bit. The next party may or may not have a mime. If it doesn't, there will usually be one of the party crashers. Party crashers are a sign that your party is pretty good. By the third or fourth party, not only is there no mime, but Drew Carey usually shows up.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 9:58 PM
You'll most likely need many toilets. I don't think I really need to explain why that is.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 5:34 AM
Campfire is great. The host just light it and leave it. It's better than hot tub i think, since you need one person to make visitor get in hot tub.

Costume is funny. But it's just change your costume? are there any mood boost from that?

I think 3 toilet stalls and 3 sinks are enough.

So.. What mime do actually? his interaction with other sims always fails, and someone said that mime steal things too. How about party crasher? do they come if your party is good enough? but do they steal things too? What Drew Carey do actually?
Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 3:29 PM
Does anyone else just "move-objects on" and delete the guests instead of saying goodbye to all of them when the party is over?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 5:00 PM
Port-a-potties make sense for the monstrous parties you get in this game, but I had a CC sink outside they could wash their hands in afterward because - gross.

My party guests always left on their own when the cops came to break it up or the family just went to bed. Move objects deleting them would be way too much hassle.

The party-crashing Dropinskis invade the house, eat the food and leave the dishes, schmooze guests who should be building up relationships with other "real" sims, hog spots at the campfire and hot tub, block bathroom access, and tend to break things. If you ask them to leave they tell you not to have a cow and say they're going, but in all probability they don't, and you'll have to tell them two or three times.

Drew Carey pulls up in a limo and is mobbed by guests. He'll talk to each of them in turn, take a couple of calls on his cell, and after awhile leave again. All conversations for the rest of the party will tend to be about him.

The trouble with both Drew and the Dropinskis is that you can't develop relationships with them, as they only show up for good parties. They're like Mrs. Crumplebottom and Grim - technically interactable, but with a limited set of interactions and no consequences beyond the immediate scenario.

Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 6:59 PM
Yeah, it's disappointing that they don't really do much and you can't really interact with them, but I guess they were just meant as a sort of achievement to show you threw a good party... Something I've never done sadly. Stupid mime.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 5:31 PM
At the risk of sounding ignorant,

The mime comes to bad parties? And here I thought I was throwing great parties

As sad as it is that's not sarcasm.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 12:49 AM
I've only had one party recently. The Mime showed up On the front lawn, along with the first crowd of guests arriving for the party! It seemed to me there wasn't even enough time to determine it was a failed party? I find the Mime pretty annoying. I'm glad someone said he tends to show up more at the First party, so maybe that's it.

Long time ago when the game first came out and I would play, I loved when Drew Carey showed up at the party. I remember in real life my kids would watch "The Drew Carey Show". I guess that's exactly what he is - "an acheivement" to show you have a great party, with his Limo and all.

I have never even heard of the "Dropinskis" I'm sure I probably have had them at a party though. Is that their actual name?

As for the port-a-potty in the backyard, invaluable idea! (sink too!)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:07 AM
The "Dropinskis" is the name of the party crashers. There's a male with blue hair, shorts, and an orange hoodie and a female with pink hair, sunglasses and a purple skirt.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.