Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 4:20 AM
Default The Sims 1 PC VS The Sims 1 GameCube
Which do you think is better, in my opinion both of them are cool.
Except for Bella Goth in the Sims 1 PC..... DEAR GOD SHE LOOKS LIKE A PRAYING MANTIS!!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 6:48 AM
Really, you didn't like Bella? I think when I first got the PC game, I didn't like any of the Goths. Then I checked out their house and played with them a bit. They quickly became some of my favorites. Now I want to play The Sims again and the The Goths. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that as soon as I'm done here.

Which is better? I don't think they really compare. Of the two, I prefer the computer game because it is so much more involved and the possibilities for play seem almost infinite at times. Nonetheless, the console game was fun. I like that it had a goal and a purpose and it certainly ate up a chunk of my time. Overall, however, I've left it years ago and don't really miss it whereas The Sims - the computer game, pulls at me from time to time.

I didn't really like the split screen in dual player mode. I had hoped for a single screen cooperative play, although that's tricky to pull off. But I did like some of the objects like the monkey butler's tree house. I didn't like how slow everything felt and how it wasn't possible to add a second floor to a home. The building and furnishing were not as easily accomplished as they were in the computer game. I found it a bit aggravating. Did you ever use cheat codes for the consul? I never got any of those to work and I think that may have impacted some of my feelings about the game's difficulty.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 8:13 PM
I found the Gamecube/PS2 version of The Sims at Gamestop last night for only 3$. I was playing it, and I remember how much I hated Mimi. I played it to Mimi's house before I got tired, and I forgot how HARD it was to make money and make friends. I always ended up staying at Mom's house for hours and hours on end getting a few skill points up, and the sounds! My husband kept thinking my SIms were doing dirty things together because the noise, and when the fish died in the tank, and that music.... I was like - what the heck? I'd forgotten about that.

Sadly, I was never able to get the Sims for the PC, but I'm sure it was tons better, and I loved the Goths, reminded me of the Addams Family.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 8:52 PM
I have never actually played the Sims 1 for the PC. I really do like the gamecube version, it is really fun.

I really should check the Sims 1 game out for the PC. I wonder if gamestop has it..
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 9:41 PM
Pc verison it being the only platform I play it on.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 1:58 PM
The Sims 1 for console was actually my first ever Sims game, so although the PC version is much better, the console version (although I haven't played it in years since my PS2 broke) holds a special place in my heart. I still remember sitting on my bedroom floor, playing the game on my little TV for hours throughout the day and into the night (which would make the burglar music even more scary). I actually got the game for Christmas one year, and I thought the whole concept was so funny, how you could actually watch your sims use the toilet and take baths and such, it definitely made my little self giggle. Good times.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
The Sims 1 for console was actually my first ever Sims game, so although the PC version is much better, the console version (although I haven't played it in years since my PS2 broke) holds a special place in my heart. I still remember sitting on my bedroom floor, playing the game on my little TV for hours throughout the day and into the night (which would make the burglar music even more scary). I actually got the game for Christmas one year, and I thought the whole concept was so funny, how you could actually watch your sims use the toilet and take baths and such, it definitely made my little self giggle. Good times.

Pretty much the same for me. It was that bargain-priced GameCube game I picked up at a store close-out sale that got me hooked on The Sims. I remember playing The Sims for hours (even during and after the Bob Newbie fiasco, before I learned to toggle), and just being mesmerized. Once I learned about toggling, I was better able to cope with the demanding mother and Mimi, and played even more often. And I LOVED the cutscene you got when you "beat" the game. I remember playing it over and over. (I didn't save the last few minutes for couple of days.) I can't say my "little self" giggled; I was considerably older when I picked it up. But my "big self" giggled as well at some of the game's antics.

I played it for way too many hours almost daily for over a month. I still remember the goofy tune you'd hear if you first turned on the radio.

I picked up The Sims for my netbook four years later, and play it from time to time. Yes. It's quite a different animal. More freedom to roam around, more customized content, etc. It's a different "feel" from its GameCube counterpart. Technically, I'd have to go with the PC version.

But yes, I still smile broadly when I think of that GameCube version.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 5:39 PM
I adored the GameCube version of The Sims (well, the PS2 version, since I didn't have a GameCube) and it was that game that got me hooked on the series. I remembered I had to keep renting out the game, because it was cheaper on my mother's purse, but in the long run, I spent way more on that game than it's retail selling price! I eventually bought the game, and I spent countless nights playing it. I played the Free Play mode rather than the Get A Life mode. I could not stop playing with Bob and Betty Newbie.

After playing that game, along with Bustin' Out and The Urbz, I finally bought the PC version of The Sims for a bargain price, along with the expansions. in ever played the PC version as much as the GameCube/PS2 version, which is why I would prefer to play the console version for nostalgic reasons. I was amazed by the console version. It was like the perfect game for me, since I loved games with customisation options. The PC version is better , but when someone asks me which one I would choose, I would have to say the console version, because it brought so many good memories to me.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 5:29 PM
The Sims PS2 Trailer is so hilarious. I just know that it has trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iNv6KT5dM
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 7:22 AM
I LOVE The Sims Bustin' Out, mainly because it's what I played as a kid. That and random spurts of Sims 1 at my grandmas house, but much less then Bustin' Out. Oh, how I hate Mimi XD But I love the nudist community XD
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 12:02 AM
Since my dvd drive is shot, and I can't get my new computer until Tuesday I've been playing Bustin Out. I found it on a whim when I was going through all my old games. I'm shocked it actually still works considering it was hanging out of the case for the LONGGGESSTT time. At least its keeping me occupied. :D