Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 4:24 PM
Default A girl called Melanie
A girl called Melanie

This is the first story I've submitted anywhere, so I hope you like it. A bit nervous about this, but here goes.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Prologue

Melanie Worth.

The Geekiest, Most Unprettiest girl in the school.

That was me.

Scratch that, that is me.

I'm Melanie, and this is my story.
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 4:26 PM
Default Chapter One
Chapter One

I know one part mentions a picture, just ignore that If you could :D

My name is Mel - Wait, I told you that already.

I'm 16 years old and living in Sunnsville, Thats this place in Simton [I know, these founder people really think of the most imaginative names, don't they?] that nobody has probably even heard of - Its alright, I suppose. Theres some nice kids, beautiful gardens and a simply amazing museum. I'm not too keen on the school though. Don't get me wrong, I love to work and stuff that like that, Its just the people that are in there that bother me.

As stupid and oh-so-teen-movie like it may sound, Sunnsville has a pretty bad case of the cliques. If you've been watching those teen flicks on the television, schools pretty much filled to the brim with socalledhot cheerleaders - Then yeah, you probably have a good idea what Sunnsville high is like. Except on those shows, there always seems to be some nerd girl who hooks up with the hottest jock guy around.

And for some reason, I don't see that happening to be quite so soon. Know what I mean?

I guess I'm not all so lonely here. I mean, there are some people here who I love to freaking bits. Theres my best friend, Miss Emmalynne Cullen [Or Emme, as she prefers to be called] I've been best friends with her since we were practically born. Okay, maybe not that long. But either way, we've known each other for years now. Shes into most 'emo' things. Well, people say she is. I don't really understand all this labelling stuff. I mean, c'mon, so someone likes to listen to one of those supposedly 'emo' bands, everyone here seems to translate that as 'omgshescuttingcuttingcutting'

Okay, So that picture - Thats me in the middle. I will not be held liable for any sudden loss of vision due to exteme shock and/or despair due to my appearance - Glad we got that cleared up. [Okay, So I'm over exaggerating - Whats your point?] As you can tell, I have an obsession with all things pink. Mum says she needs to take me to a counseller sometime because of it, But I know shes joking - Right?

Anyway, tomorrow is the start of a whole new school year.

My last year of high school. Boy, this is gonna be weird.

#3 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 9:44 PM
I love stories like this
Such a great start. Im looking forward to hearing more about Mel's life
Im sure chapter 2 will be just as good