Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#276 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 5:09 PM
I assume whoever disagreed with our posts is refusing to make a real argument because they know it'll sound racist.
Advertisement
Theorist
#277 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 6:08 PM
Meh. It's better than "I'm saying something racist but goddammit don't call it racist because my racism is just my opinion and opinions are holy, unimpeachable things that must never be questioned!"
Alchemist
#278 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
yes sir!

*Ma'am.

Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
I had a friend in school who pretty much told me to fuck off and die because I told him I liked him and I suggested that maybe some day we could start going out. His reason?

Ever since then, when I encounter someone who says they won't date someone of a certain race or has a preference for people of one race and won't give anyone else of another race the time of day, I tell them to fuck right off. My future children will be taught that looks don't matter and sometimes the person they prefer the looks of isn't the person they need when it comes to the emotional and spiritual side of the relationship.

Except that, I wouldn't call what you experienced a "preference". That guy was clearly racist, because he demonstrated a way of thinking that entertains and accepts the notion first and foremost that someone of a different ethnicity is inferior in some way. As evidenced by his use of the words "pollute" and "disgrace". He clearly thinks that there's something wrong with a woman who isn't of his ethnicity. That she is less of a person than a woman of his ethnicity, BECAUSE she is not of his ethnicity.

A preference is a particular value or set of values (Like, say, preferring someone who's goofy to someone who's serious, or red hair more than blonde hair, etc etc) that one holds slightly (Or vastly) more appealing than other, equally influential aspects of a person, but that preference doesn't automatically disqualify anyone who may or may not meet all of those standards, and those standards are also still subject to change.
That is to say, there's nothing WRONG with preferring someone who's blonde over someone who's brunette, provided the person making the decision isn't telling the brunette person that they are WRONG and BAD and INFERIOR compared to the blonde person, or acting in a way that conveys that they believe that the serious person is inferior.
I like black more than the color blue. Is there something bad or wrong about blue? No! But I still like black more, and I don't think anyone is valid if they call me colorist for just having that preference. I don't ban the color blue from the images I create, but I do favor black. It's entirely possible to do this. But I would certainly say someone is colorist if they thought that blue was wrong or bad because it wasn't black.
Preference isn't a code word. It really does mean preference.

Looks do matter. They are half of the equation. Ever tried to have sex with someone you didn't find attractive? (Of course not, you've given yourself permission to say no to anyone you want for any reason you want, AS YOU SHOULD. As ALL people should.) It feels terrible, and it's a disservice to both parties. To say that they don't matter is to rob people of their freedom to establish their own personal values.
That isn't to say that you should discard anything else in favor of looks. Looks are, still, only half of the equation. That's where the other stuff comes in. The decision to date someone should be a combination of looks and personality, not one or the other. And what a person finds visually appealing and what a person finds personally appealing are up to that person to decide, not you, not me, not anyone else. That is preference.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#279 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
snip

Okay. Nice strawman.

Now that we've established that people can like blonde hair and brown eyes without being racist, let's get back to what we're actually talking about: Is it racist to set those sorts of preferences as inherent, explicit, and immotile characteristics of a whole class of people based something like "race." So we're not saying "I like blondes" we're saying the issue is "I don't date negroes (, because they're not blonde.)" Except:

And I'm pretty confident I could produce a gallery of blue-eyed asians, red-headed hispanics, a wide range of skin tones for just about everyone, etc. The OP is about race and racism. It's about the stereotyping of characteristics people presume people of different races possess. I think the whole physical characteristics distinction is blown out of the water. The genetics distinction, blown out of the water. The only thing left is the supposed mental/social/intangible characteristics stereotypes. That's racist.
Alchemist
#280 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:56 PM Last edited by SuicidiaParasidia : 17th Dec 2014 at 10:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
Okay. Nice strawman.

Now that we've established that people can like blonde hair and brown eyes without being racist, let's get back to what we're actually talking about: Is it racist to set those sorts of preferences as inherent, explicit, and immotile characteristics of a whole class of people based something like "race." So we're not saying "I like blondes" we're saying the issue is "I don't date negroes (, because they're not blonde.)" Except:

And I'm pretty confident I could produce a gallery of blue-eyed asians, red-headed hispanics, a wide range of skin tones for just about everyone, etc. The OP is about race and racism. It's about the stereotyping of characteristics people presume people of different races possess. I think the whole physical characteristics distinction is blown out of the water. The genetics distinction, blown out of the water. The only thing left is the supposed mental/social/intangible characteristics stereotypes. That's racist.

Okay, so how many of those are natural? How many aren't purely cosmetic augmentations to achieve a look that they otherwise could NOT achieve?
*Pokes at straw man* (How was my reply a straw man? If anything, arguing against preference as being the same as blatant racism is a straw man, and that's what the poster I replied to, was doing. Correcting that is not a straw man, it's a clarification.)
Genetics knows that a black person with blonde hair is either a natural, extremely rare phenomenon (Try finding me a "gallery" of blue eyed African Americans who haven't been Photoshopped) usually coinciding with a medical condition, or not true to their genetics. Same goes for asians with blue "eyes" (Contacts), or any other kind of color augmentation. So yes, you're right that anyone who has the money to change their appearance in those ways, can have those appearances. But that's not the same as having actual DNA that grows their hair like that, colors their eyes like that, etc. People generally aren't so stupid that they can't spot someone who has colored their hair, wears makeup, uses contact lenses, and/or gets their acrylic nails done. Would you hold someone who has 9 inch false nails in the same esteem as you would someone who has 2-3 inch real nails? Of course not. They're not the same. Real nails will tell you more about their health than false ones ever will, and if your goal is to reproduce (Or mock reproduce), you don't really want to shack up with someone whose genetics don't suit you. If I cover my acne up with foundation, then I have the appearance of nice skin, but I still don't actually have nice skin.
Unlike Sims 3, if I color my hair blonde, it won't produce blonde babies. Nice try though.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Theorist
#281 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:42 PM
Okay, so how many of those are natural? How many aren't purely cosmetic augmentations to achieve a look that they otherwise could NOT achieve?

So the only good looking blondes are the ones who were born blonde? Move those goal posts much? Why? Are those bad looking people I posted? Are they ugly? Are they not blonde? What's making them the inferior choice other than the color of their skin, and should I post some darker skinned latinos and asians? Should I look up some particularly swarthy Europeans?

Sure, keep moving the goal posts. You've got to. You can't stand on what you're actually suggesting without revealing that it's not anything other than simple, blatant bias against people of color that's at issue.

Quote:
Try finding me a "gallery" of blue eyed African Americans

Maybe you'd prefer "blacks" with natural blonde hair?

What was that about there being no blue-eyed asians?

...It's even easier when you go for green/hazel. My daughter's got hazel eyes - no photoshop required, definitely identifies asian.

Tell me, which of these are the genetic freaks that are too inferior to breed with?

Quote:
Would you hold someone who has 9 inch false nails in the same esteem as you would someone who has 2-3 inch real nails? Of course not.

"Someone who changes their hair color is a lying dick."
Gotcha. You're very concerned with "purity of the person's genetics" I see.

Y'know, it's usually bad form to go there, but in this case I think it's just too appropriate. You know who else was terribly concerned with the same things you're talking about? Because obviously it's not about whether someone's attractive, it's about where their genetics are from. All white people, pure people, must be at least worth consideration, since we're positing an exclusionary principle to people of other "races"?

They're not the same. Real nails will tell you more about their health than false ones ever will, and if your goal is to reproduce (Or mock reproduce), you don't really want to shack up with someone whose genetics don't suit you. If I cover my acne up with foundation, then I have the appearance of nice skin, but I still don't actually have nice skin.

So, to translate that away from the cutesy bits we're not talking about, stripping away the paraphrasing and analogies and applying them purely to race:

"Nothing changes a person's blackness, and since it's a person's blackness that I dislike, I cannot find them attractive regardless of how comparatively attractive they are with someone else who is not black. It is their blackness that is ugly. Not their appearance at all, just the origins of their genetics."

Sounds pretty damned racist to me.
Field Researcher
#282 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 9:29 PM
I don't think this is racism. In my opinion, racism happens when some people think they are superior/better than another people based on ethnic/genetic factors.
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 6:03 PM
I think it can or can't be racist depending on how you go about it.
If it's a preference, and you genuinely are only attracted to certain skin colours, then I don't think it's racist because that's just what you find attractive. Most people don't really choose what they're attracted to and if they date people they find attractive - limited to a certain group - then who am I to judge that?
I do think it's racist, however, if you turn someone down simply because of their skin colour regardless of your attraction and chemistry with/to them.
I think it's mainly the different between judging someone's suitability as a partner or your attraction to them due to race that determines whether or not it's racist.

... rant over.
Top Secret Researcher
#284 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NabucodonosorII
I don't think this is racism. In my opinion, racism happens when some people think they are superior/better than another people based on ethnic/genetic factors.

And that doesn't apply to refusing to date people because of their race?
Field Researcher
#285 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
And that doesn't apply to refusing to date people because of their race?

People do not need to date someone who they don't appeal attractive for them (this is very particular). If someone do not think certain groups of people attractive, this person is free to choose not date with them. I don't see racism about that. The same happens when someone not think fat people or people of the same gender are attractive...
Top Secret Researcher
#286 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:47 PM
People do not need to date someone who they don't appeal attractive for them (this is very particular). If someone do not think certain groups of people attractive, this person is free to choose not date with them. I don't see racism about that. The same happens when someone not think fat people or people of the same gender are attractive...

And if they don't find a person attractive because they believe someone of that race is inferior?
Field Researcher
#287 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
And if they don't find a person attractive because they believe someone of that race is inferior?

This is the racism.
Theorist
#288 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 10:18 PM

The issue is "why do you believe that no one of that "race" will ever be attractive to you?" Because to imagine that every single person of any given "race" has remotely similar features is utter nonsense. For one, the genetic reality is that it's all utter nonsense - we're talking about the most superficial distinctions between any two people possible. With the exception of some genetic indicators that pop up in any isolated population, you're more likely to find differences in people's accents than you are to draw blood and find any actual difference in them.

Usually you get people going "I don't date white guys" or I don't date black women" or "My parents want me to date an Asian." But what does that mean? Are all "white people" blonde and blue eyed, fair skinned? Are they all good people or bad people? Are they all supermodel sorts of attractive? "I'm sorry, but we only photograph white people, because only white people are attractive." What is a "black person?" What color is a "black person's" skin, do they stop being a black person once their skin is pale enough? Are albino black people not black? Is someone from India Asian? They're from the Asian continent, right? What about white South Africans? If they move to the US, are they not African Americans?

So it's a useless sort of notion, if you're getting any value out of it then it implies that you're setting a lot more artificial boundaries on "what is this person" than makes sense. You're inventing or following a stereotype. But you really can't afford generalities when you're talking about something so specific, so intimate, as who you're taking home to mom and dad. It's like looking up at night and declaring "Outer Space is cold." Well, a lot of outer space is cold, but it is so much, much more than that.

There's an infinite amount of reasons to not like people that aren't racist. People suck. Hate them for reasons other than the color of their skin.
Field Researcher
#289 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 10:55 PM
Well, I don't hate people! I'm sorry but my english is not so good, then is not so easy for me to express or even understand very elaborated texts. If I understood well enough your text, I respectfully disagree.

I will try to explain the better way I can. In general, I think "green" people are more attractive than the other groups of people. However, each person is diferent than another, regardless of their race. So, I can find many people from all races attractive (or not), but in general, I think "green" people are the most attractive. This is not racism because I am sure all people from all races are important in the same level.

However, if someone think that just green people are attractive, this person can just date green people!

I wrote "green" people because its not necessary tell exactly which ethnic group I think more attractive.
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 3:12 AM
In my opinion it is simply a preference, unless it is not. For example if it is tabooed in someone's family to date outside their race and that person wants to stay on the family's "good side" despite their own preference at whom they are more attracted to they may say "I only date white/black etc" ...I and one of my girlfriends just had this discussion yesterday lol ....interesting topic.
Theorist
#291 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 5:22 AM
Well, I don't hate people! I'm sorry but my english is not so good, then is not so easy for me to express or even understand very elaborated texts. If I understood well enough your text, I respectfully disagree.

Saying "I prefer blonde hair" is vastly different from the position of the initial post. "I don't want to date someone based on their race" presumes stereotypes about racial groups that don't exist. I don't think I'd have a lot in common with a lot of different sorts of people from several different cultures, but I'm willing to allow for exceptions. There's no hard rule going on - even cultural stereotypes aren't particularly strong when weighed against the individualities of human personalities. But what I'm saying is that there are plenty of reasons to invent exceptions for ruling out classes of people for breeding partners that are probably more important than race - I don't like very conservative people. I don't date them. I'm not religious, I don't date very religious people. I'm kind of an asshole, dating someone without a thick skin is right out because I'd just emotionally trample someone. Race? Where does race fit into that equation? Blonde hair? I think every girlfriend I've ever had has had a week of blonde, some of them played around with colored contacts. And if you're with anyone long enough, whatever superficial physical traits you were initially interested in? Gone. Time is a bitch.

I can find many people from all races attractive (or not), but in general, I think "green" people are the most attractive. This is not racism because I am sure all people from all races are important in the same level.

As long as the "generality" is very precisely recognized as the stereotype that it is... It would be a shame to miss out on the perfect person simply because they're not green. It might be very worth your while to examine your attraction to green people to make sure it's "green" and not "traits I associate with green people," because people aren't a certain way because of the color of their skin except in the way that's the color of their skin. Again, you might be looking up at the sky and going "it's all dark" when there's a universe of undiscovered stars out there that you're not even seeing because all you're seeing is the dark.
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 6:02 AM
I know people including myself on both sides of this issue...many people just simply have an attraction preference...one of my girlfreinds will not date white men....she is not attracted to them at all...she is white....obviously she is not a racist and my other girlfriend ...the one I spoke to yesterday was being called a racist because she only dates white men....its not like she's never gone out with anyone else she is just more attracted to them...and she is black....just like some men prefer skinny flat chested girls and other men prefer well rounded women...not haters just a preference....btw lol when I look in the mirror everyday all I see is dark...my beautiful dark chocolate skin.
Theorist
#293 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:53 PM
Wondering around the forums, I see this thread. I would say no, it's not racist or at least it doesn't have to be racist depending on your reasons. People have preferences and their own personal taste in what they look for in a (wo)man, which could be (partly) based on looks and skin color could be part of this reasoning. F.e. with my own preferences it happen to be mostly Germanic/Slavic/Scandinavian girls that I'm attracted to. It's a simple observation based on this irrational part of my mind, because love and attractiveness aren't based on ratio. I've my own explanation (my Germanic-Slavic ancestry) and it's happen to be a similar explanation of another guy I know, who's preferences are more exotic, like his more exotic anchestry.

Not that I'm only attracted to these kind of girls and all/most of them, the odds in my mind just favor a white girl . There are tons of other ethnic groups, mostly Arabic, Turkish and Latin, with beautiful girls. As long as a girl has a beautiful smile and beautiful eyes on a beautiful face combined with a lovely hairstyle and a sweet personality it really doesn't matter to me which skin color she has. Is it really racist if my mind just orders ethnic looks in my subconsciousness or is it just the ''simple'' science of psychology? I would the last option as long you don't threaten guys or girls less (and thus turn down) purely based on the color of their skin.
Field Researcher
#294 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:07 AM
Baal-Hamon's beard, why is this thread still alive? I still remember posting here around a year ago! You people need to stop getting so hung up about the personal preferences of people who are not you. So long as all parties are legally consenting and not hurting anybody, it should only be considered the business of the parties involved. Playing the race card just because Frat Boy Brett likes buxom girls with ski-slope noses and long legs only makes you look like you're trying to blackmail somebody for romantic/sexual relations.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Instructor
#295 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 1:19 PM
Default I really thought this thread would be dead by now.

I think it's a bit more complex than that, seeing as racism has become such a common factor of everyday life. I don't think racism is inherently always a feeling of superiority, I think some people may harbor racist sentiments without meaning to. We are taught a lot of things growing up, and most of us are biased in some regard or another, which is why it's difficult to adopt a holier-than-thou attitude when it comes to this subject. Seeing as none of us are innocent and all that.

As for the main topic, I still can't wrap my head around making such a sweeping judgement about an entire race of people. "I'm not attracted to X or Y race" or similar statements are really difficult for me to identify with, seeing as no member of any race is the same and every ethnicity is incredibly diverse. I mean, there's millions upon millions of (for example) black men out there, so I can't comfortably assume that every one of them is unattractive to me. The odds of that being true are honestly none. And the same goes for anything else.
Test Subject
#296 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:40 AM
First let me say this. I grew up in a traditional southern family, where most of my family is racist and extremely so. At my college the ROTC building is named after the man who started the KKK and he used to be our unofficial mascot.

In my opinion no, it is not racist. My college is 60% African American, so I have been asked out by black guys alot! but I always say no because 1) I respect my parents enough to know it would upset them and 2) I just am generally not attracted to black men, with a few exceptions.
Now I will tell you, I have pushed this before, I dated a mixed race guy a year or so ago and the only reason it went over ok with my family was because his family had ALOT of money. But that did not mean my grandparents were thrilled to meet him at first, obviously once they discovered the money thing they welcomed him lol.

I am an adult and I personally have no problem with dating anyone of different skin tones, religion, etc, I just know it would not go over well with my family and I respect them enough not to even bring up that situation.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#297 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 12:15 PM
Okay so I don't think I posted anything meaningful in this thread before, and I apologise that it took me fully a year to figure out why the question bugged me so much, but I think I've got it so let's reopen an old wound!

I think the real problem here is the term "racist", and how people understand it. We have an image of a racist person who openly despises people of X race, or pretends they don't but certainly thinks that Y race is better and those Xes should fuck off back to Continent, it's not racist, it's just fair, etc. etc. That is racism, for sure, but it's a kind of unimportant type of racism nowadays.

What's more important is that pretty much every single person in the world is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc... I'm sure I've missed some. Ableist. Ageist. You get the picture.

Not in the sense that we harbour explicitly -ist beliefs; some of us do, many of us don't, some of us have spent a lot of time and effort on weeding out the explicitly -ist ideas in our heads. But in the sense that we've all grown up in a culture which tells us certain things about black people, certain things about women, certain things about men, certain things about old people, and so on. And none of those things are based in fact, or some essential truth about ___ people - they all come from -isms.

Perhaps a few examples will help: a really common sexist thought pattern in women is that girly girls - who like pink and makeup and pop music - are shallow, vain, and boring. You often hear that from women who don't like those things, and who want to distance themselves from girly girls; "Yeah, I'm not into all that frilly shit". And of course, it's totally okay to not like going to the salon; but why is it wrong to like going to the salon? When you get down to it it's because that form of caring about your appearance is stereotypically feminine in our society, and feminine = silly and unimportant. Woah. Sexist women. Like, almost all of us are or have been sexist, in this way or a different one; and you thought that was a man's problem. So that's why lots of feminists are putting a lot of effort into the "No girl hate" campaigns directed at girls; because we're all sexist and we all need to try to stop being sexist.

When you play romance sims, do you play male and female romance sims differently? Maybe not, maybe so; lots of people do. Because we live in a society which says that a dude doing a lot of boinking is a stud, while a woman doing a lot of boinking has no self-respect.

The one I struggle with is the intersection of race and ageism. Those of us in predominantly white countries live in a culture which tells us that young black or middle eastern men are dangerous. I know it's bullshit, there's nothing about being black or middle eastern that makes you more likely to be an asshole than if you're white, but I still have the urge to cross the road or grab my bag when I see a group of young black or middle eastern men coming towards me, much more than I do with young white men, or older black men, etc. I'm trying to teach myself not to think like that, and it's working, but slowly. 'Cause, you know, I'm racist and ageist. And I wish I wasn't, but I didn't have a choice in the matter. I'm sure there are a few examples of this kind that apply in your life, too.

So how does this relate to dating? Well, I said above that "we've all grown up in a culture which tells us certain things about black people...", and that includes things which impinge on whether or not we think of someone as dating material. The messages we get about beauty and race are becoming more and more obvious; India has a booming market for skin-whitening products, because western media over there has been very successful in painting pretty and pale as synonyms. Ever wonder how the word "fair", which used to mean beautiful, ended up meaning pale? Same thing. Think about the art you've seen of black beauty compared to white beauty; white beauty is usually portrayed as elegant, graceful, ephemeral. Black beauty is portrayed as strong, daring, fierce. Both of those kinds of beauty are totally valuable, but the fact that they are associated with different skin colours comes from racism, and it portrays the different ways we think about people based on the colour of their skin. And there's nothing inherent in blackness that makes you more like to be fierce and less likely to be graceful; nor in whiteness that makes you more likely to be elegant and less likely to be daring. It's just racism.

This also applies to things that aren't to do with physical attractiveness. A study came out recently suggesting that white convicts are more likely to be called back after a job interview, in the US, than black people with no criminal record; because our culture tells us that black people are shifty. We see portrayals of white mothers as nurturing, kind, forgiving; and black mothers as no-nonsense, strict, bombastic. I could go on but you're probably better off reading a book about this by people who've actually studied it. My point is that when we don't know someone very well - even sometimes when we do - we assign racially constructed characteristics to them without even knowing that's what we're doing; and then because of that we relate to people differently, we form different opinions of them, even if the difference is not about better or worse - just about assigning different positive traits to someone based on their skin colour.

So is it racist to say you don't date people of x race? It doesn't mean you are what we think of as "a racist", it doesn't mean you're consciously going "Ew, black people!" But you know, yes, you're racist because you live in a racist society and are constantly bombarded with racist messages. The only way you could fail to be racist is if you lived in an opaque bubble, in which case dating wouldn't be a concern. So pretending that racism (and sexism, and ableism, and so on) doesn't impact the impressions you get from people is just denial, and a lot of dating is about impressions; you have preferences for certain types of people based on the impressions you get from them. If you've gone through life being nice and friendly to everyone, but although you've met lots of lovely black people none of them has ever given you pantsfeelings, then yes, that's about the impressions you've got from the black people you've met, and those impressions are about racism. It doesn't mean you're a bad person or that you're doing anything wrong, which is why the question bugs me; because it's accusatory, it seems to be saying "If you date based on race then you're a horrible person!", and that's just not true. But yeah, you're a person in a racist society, which means there is racism going on in your head, which means that your dating preferences are influenced by racism. Time for some unlearning.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#298 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 10:50 PM
Well, I personally think it's just preference. If it was racist, not dating a gay guy or lesbian girl would be sexist. It would be racist if you wouldn't be friends with a member of that race because of their skin color. (If they were being a diphead and it's one specific person or small group of people, and NOT because of race then of course it's okay)
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 6:07 AM
Why cant race be a turn on or turn off?
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:33 PM
Racial preferences--even in dating--should be considered racist. If you think all races are beautiful/equal, then you won't be turned off by a certain race. Otherwise, you're essentially grouping out people and not giving them a chance (i.e. discriminating against them) because of the color of their skin.

Page 12 of 15