Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#6201 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 5:51 PM
Always have a copy of your lot when you use Grid and LotAdjuster on them, even if you think you know what you're doing. I thought I knew and now I regret that decision. Learnt my lesson.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6202 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:31 PM
Runaway pets may decide to never come back - I actually thought they always return sooner or later, maybe to grow up or to die, but return to the lot. But no, this cat run away, was lost for few days and then notification popped, saying that she will never come back, and she was removed from family completely. Sad.
Mad Poster
#6203 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:50 PM
I have never heard of that! But I modded the runaway aspect out as quickly as a mod was created for it. The idea just killed me.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6204 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
I think that if you call as soon as you notice the pet is missing, it improves the odds of their being returned. Also make sure the pet has a collar. That's supposed to improve the odds too. The first thing I do when I get an adult or older pet is to buy it a collar.
Instructor
#6205 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:03 PM
I've just found out a funny pop up. It spawns if you spawn the semester tester and you use it to graduate immediately:

I wasn't try to cheat, but as you can see I got the bug of the stuck class bar
Mad Poster
#6206 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I discovered that the pillows from the bubble blower machine can be recolored individually using the design tool.

They act as separate objects, as far I notice. Would have been more flexible If developers created them as such (seating), allowing sims to use as dining chairs but sat down and have the hookay with barstools that makes it still usable but with a different animation.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6207 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 1:07 AM
I thought I clicked on one of my families in Elsewhere, but accidentally clicked on the house next door. I discovered it had been named after Mootilda. smile and sniff.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6208 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think that if you call as soon as you notice the pet is missing, it improves the odds of their being returned. Also make sure the pet has a collar. That's supposed to improve the odds too. The first thing I do when I get an adult or older pet is to buy it a collar.

Or you fail to notice the pet was gone until your sims start rolling wants to find it lol. I never had a permanent runaway though. One of my cats died while runaway and her gravestone was deposited on the edge of the lot.
Mad Poster
#6209 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:20 AM
I once had a runaway cat, and someone called to say they had found it, but then delivered the good witch familiar cat instead. The familiar disappeared from the lot when I reloaded, and the original cat never returned.
Field Researcher
#6210 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 3:51 AM
If you right-click on Sims, you immediately switch to having them active.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Field Researcher
#6211 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965

Historic hood. No collars, no police, and certainly no phones. A poor cat was on her own.
She shows up in adoption pool, though. I'll probably make another family to adopt her and write it off as they found a stray wandering around forests or something.
Mad Poster
#6212 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:56 AM
Maybe the cat couldn't get home because she got caught in a trap and the adoptive family rescued her.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6213 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 5:10 PM
The way the game sees it, Animal Control found her but didn't know whose cat she was, as she had no collar and they'd received no reports of a missing cat matching her description. Even with a collar, there's a small chance a runaway pet might never be found; if it has a collar and is found, it'll be brought home; if it has no collar but has been reported missing, they might or might not recognize it from the description the owners gave; with neither collar nor report, it's just put up for adoption - quite realistic, really.

You could have another family adopt her and interpret it as them finding the cat wandering, or you could have her original family adopt her, saying they found her after an extensive (and costly) search, or had to buy her back from her finders.
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#6214 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:08 AM
My sim cleared the pool table and then proceeded to kiss the pool cue stick at the end. Cute. Funny the things you see when you actually play after not actually playing for over a decade... this is fun already
Scholar
#6215 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:13 AM
There's a "Social Security Recipient" custom career that has only one level - so if your teen signs up for social security, they automatically get the Young Entrepreneur Award for college because they're "at the top of their career track".
Forum Resident
#6216 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 6:33 AM
I keep discovering recolors of Maxis objects that I've always ignored for 10 years because they look terrible in the tiny little preview pics. The dark wood recolor of the Touch of Teak bed is a really beautiful grey-brown, but in the preview, it just looked cheap streaky Caress of Teak bed, so I skipped past it for the longest time. Same with the the Old Yankee door that looks yellow, but is actually natural wood tone.
Mad Poster
#6217 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:46 AM
I wish there was a way to enlarge those thumbnails. They get really hard to see.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6218 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:37 PM
Actually discovered this a few days ago, but when playing a test family one of my sims rolled a want of having 20 grandkids (I was making the parents pop out kids to test a mod, so his want for having 10 kids was fulfilled). I never seen this before, at least as far as I can remember , but it was still neat to see

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#6219 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:13 PM
Dates with a Grilled Cheese Sim are not easy. Anna wants to make out, but all Charlie can think is "how can I get Anna to eat a grilled cheese sandwich?"
Lab Assistant
#6220 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:26 PM
Been playing this game since the day it came out and I never knew you could get skills from dates. Seth Nancarrow (Polgannon) went on a date with Abby Curdew and I got a notification that said something along the lines of (Seth earned a cleaning point from a neat date!). Never seen that before.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Lab Assistant
#6221 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:35 AM
I discovered that Sims can fear being rejected for playing with their baby. Can babies actually get upset and thus "reject" someone playing/cuddling with them?
Instructor
#6222 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:14 AM
I found out one of the cutest interctions I've ever seen:

The wolf put his paws on the window and looked outside! Sooooo cute :lovestruc :lovestruc
I was so surprised, I've never seen it before
Mad Poster
#6223 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:31 AM
Cats and dogs can also sleep on those windows.
Instructor
#6224 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Cats and dogs can also sleep on those windows.

No way! Do they do it autonomously? Can't wait to try it too!
Mad Poster
#6225 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:18 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Aug 2018 at 10:52 PM.
That the Accessory.cache file can be 50+ MB. Didn't know that. Thought it usually is around 6 mb or less. Then again, I'd made a ton of accessory recolors, so that's probably why.
Page 249 of 442