Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM
I love the colours in this one
Advertisement
Instructor
#352 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 10:16 PM
Looking at your entry, @quycksylver and I guess I'll have to go Art Deco again! Great work!

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#353 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 10:34 PM
@quycksylver Loving those cool art deco-ish windows!
In the tower in the first top down shot, did you miss a floor tile?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#354 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:15 PM
Thanks guys and don't worry it will be extended.

I am still here snuffling and coughing, but on the mend I think.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#355 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 1:33 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
@quycksylver Loving those cool art deco-ish windows!
In the tower in the first top down shot, did you miss a floor tile?

Why yes...yes I did. Thanks for pointing that out! I've fixed that and edited my pics.

Thanks for the kind words, Yvelotic2001 and Justpetro!
Mad Poster
#357 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 10:47 PM
Something for the contestants. Inspiration - from the fermented fruit juice bar
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#358 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:25 AM
Octopus in a tank SimSample - you know one day, I'm totally going to make a zoo.

Liking the castles.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#359 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:41 AM
Slowly working on the score tables.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#360 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM Last edited by Aysarth : 11th Jul 2018 at 2:17 PM.
Default Round 3 Entry - The Grunts
The Military keep meticulous records, so it didn't take long for the General to relearn his name, rank and top-secret assignment as leader of the global defense forces against the imminent alien invasion. An invasion that can only be a few weeks away now, given their audacity in abducting the General.

Which gives the General something of a problem. As a conscientious if somewhat bemused single parent, how can he disappear off into a military bunker and leave his boys to face the alien menace alone? The possibility of acquiring Number 1 Tesla Court suggested a solution. Have the bunker at home!

A good many top-secret modifications later, the house doesn't just LOOK like a fortress, it IS one! It has a barbed wire fence, guard dogs and CCTV to deter visitors. Loopholes have been added to the tower (which also houses a top-secret teleportation device looted from a crashed Saucer, for quick access to the roof.) The entrance to the bunker is through a secret door in the General's office, which the boys are forbidden to enter without his permission. They are also strictly forbidden to go up onto the roof, where they might see the anti-Saucer missile launchers.

Now the house is ready to move into. It isn't pretty, the general doesn't do pretty, he does functional! The living quarters are adequate and comfortable, and each boy has his own room. The General has made sure to include a gym and a shooting range. Judging by their lack of body and mechanical skills, the General has been lax in the past about insisting the boys train, but that has to change! He will do his best to get them skilled up enough to survive the invasion.

In their private spaces, the members of the household can show their own characters. The General has a private music centre,where he can secretly listen to his barbershop collection. The boys decorated theirs according to personality (Tank chose the same colour scheme as his father).

Buck's favourite part of the house is outside, where the new household members Demon and Hagar will soon be installed. He has already privately renamed them Huggles and Snuggles and plans on breaking down their military training with lots of love, fuss and treats, until they refuse to be seen in public without their diamante collars and red laquered toenails.

Lastly is the room the General hopes never to need, but expects to be occupying all too soon.

Lab Assistant
#361 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:27 PM
Aysarth, your basement is my favorite part of the house. Your story is brilliant and so much this family! I salute you!
Field Researcher
#362 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:22 PM
Aw, thanks Mom50409
Mad Poster
#363 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM
Good work, @Aysarth
Instructor
#364 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:21 PM
A long night is ahead of me to have a chance at finishing my entry in time.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Space Pony
#365 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:25 AM
I would really much want to know how things are going. Very worried, Jo did mention at 6th that "it" will be extended , by that I assume the deadline for entries.

Current timer says only over a day time left, and getting really worried here. I may be the weirdo who likes to see comments of the judges first before finishing the build

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#366 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:40 AM
Guys I am still snuffling, coughing and deaf in one ear with only 3 score templates done, so don't worry about getting things in 'on time', time went out the window on this round. I am so sorry you do not yet have your scores and comments, but I didn't feel up to the coding that these tables take. I will try and do some more today.

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#367 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:58 AM
You take your time Jo, I only hoped to hear do we have to panic and have entries in around 1 day and 12 hours

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#368 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:24 AM
Entry end dates are always after scores, to ask for them before would be rather unfair I think. I can say I now have 6 tables done-so yah progress.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#369 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:27 AM
Jo, I think everyone agrees that your health is more important.
Contestants, relax - Jo will be fair and you will have enough time to complete your entries or change it after the scores are out.
Have a drink in the meantime
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#370 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 11:52 PM
Pretty drinks petro

I think people are use to my contests flying along pretty fast that a slow round seems even slower.

Updating to let you know I have 9 done now.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#371 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:38 AM Last edited by motheringthesims : 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Updating pictures
Default Round Three : 1 tesla Court - Curious

The Curious woke to find themselves in the home they deserved! Because of all there science know how naturally they belong in a huge home! The home has 3 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, Front room, Office, Large eat in Kitchen and an Upstairs lounge with a room for a treadmill and bass guitar in the basement. While decoration with the family on the lot. Pascal had his alien daughter Deny. The Curious brothers all hope to add to the family with alien abductions. Keep your fingers crossed!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#372 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 7:55 AM
Guys! Scores!

I will post my comments tomorrow but figured you would all be hanging out for scores by now.

Round 2 Judging Scores and Comments

Notes from Judge 3
Judge 3
Remarks
General
The devil is in the details when it comes to building competitions. A tiny forgotten thing may cost you a place — or a win. Look carefully at each room before you post.
The Grunts and their gym reminded me of something. The exercise machines may work when they are against a wall, since a sim can use them — but they are not fully working, since the repairman (that is why he leaves!) cannot fix them. (I have not deducted points for that, I will, in the future). Also make sure that the exercise equipment can be used by the age group in your house.
Some of you still have large, empty spaces — and that is hard to forgive when there is plenty of money left.
Remember the family. The family is part of the contest; their personalities need to be reflected. And some of you nailed it, like simsample — that Beaker house is easily the creepiest thing I have ever seen. For the Grunts, I thought muridae did an outstanding job. Many of you did very well, but other houses, even if gorgeous, could just belong to anybody. Adding one item is not always enough.
Use the budget wisely. To me, the budget for this round is more than adequate to look at the proper fulfilment of basic needs. Bedrooms are important! Even if you can’t use wall paper to reflect a sim’s personality, a bedroom should at least be comfortable and attractive. Sims need to sleep well too. And a romance sim needs a double bed. A teenager’s room needs something to make it individual (at least in the eye of the teen). Try to avoid neglecting any room.
Some of you have done everything right again — it is just that another contestant may have done it better.
Some of you have improved already — keep up the good work.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#373 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 14th Jul 2018 at 11:17 AM.
Jo - looks like you have posted the Round 1 scores on the table again. (Not applicable since I am apparently not awake yet).

Congratulations, Contestants, on a great job done. You have not made it easy for the judges in Round 2 at all

Looks like simsample has won the round - so congrats and cheers with a suitable cocktail
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#374 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:48 AM
What do you mean @Justpetro *has slight panic attack* Which ones? I just checked Mordant's and the comments and scores are different from round one. If you mean the table on the first page I haven't touched that yet.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#375 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What do you mean @Justpetro *has slight panic attack* Which ones? I just checked Mordant's and the comments and scores are different from round one. If you mean the table on the first page I haven't touched that yet.

Sorry, Jo - I really should be more awake. I referred to the table on the first page, but when I looked again, I realised you have not posted it yet and I was confused (again). I was just going to edit my post!

Page 15 of 25