Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 11:02 AM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 152 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 2:41 PM
Default WCIF EA mesh and asset data?
Okay so I'm 100% new to modding TS2, I just opened SimPE for the very first time and it already looks way too fancy to me. I need to export an object from the base game for conversion to TS3, but I don't know what to look for. What package holds the base game objects and what format are my assets going to be in?

Thanks

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Advertisement
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
Much of the content you want is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D
Or here if no origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D

What files are in what objects.package, find that info here: https://hugelunatic.com/?p=779

The mesh is in the GMDC, you can export it in multiple file types. The images you want are in the LIFO. Each game has three different ones, and they are split alphabetically. Example: a-f are in one package 1, g-s are in two, and t-z are in three. Roughly.

The easiest way to gather all resources is to clone using object workshop, and untick all the little boxes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:08 PM
Damn, that's messy. Is the Object Workshop supposed to be an all-black screen with no discernible text?

Already renewed for '89!

Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
Umm no...What version of SimPE do you have? You could try resetting the layout, I think under tools.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:25 AM
I have the same version you do. I'm not surprised that it's messing up, by the way, because it wouldn't be a Sims modding tool if my PC didn't find a way to break it.
Screenshots

Already renewed for '89!