Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2019 at 11:39 PM
Default buyable trash and mail
Sometimes I need to replace the street trash can or mail box on residential lot. I think I have a mail box, but can't find a trash can I thought I had. I DID find one on MTS that is blue, but it has different mesh, and link to that mesh won't work. Anyone?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th May 2019 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sometimes I need to replace the street trash can or mail box on residential lot. I think I have a mail box, but can't find a trash can I thought I had. I DID find one on MTS that is blue, but it has different mesh, and link to that mesh won't work. Anyone?

I know others don't do this, but I think it's fun. I use buy/build enable all the time, so I just have a sim steal them from a throwaway lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th May 2019 at 12:31 AM
Dream a lot has a buyable bin/ trash can. (Any time I type trash can it feels like I am trying to fake an American accent lol)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Dream a lot has a buyable bin/ trash can. (Any time I type trash can it feels like I am trying to fake an American accent lol)

HUH? both to the "American accent" and to where I find the can.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:46 AM
Because we don't call it a 'trash can' we call it a 'bin', so any time I type trash can (I type it because I don't know if American's know what a bin is) I hear myself trying to say it with an American twang.

Dream a Lot. It shows right near the top on Google so not that hard to find, but here's a link http://daydream58.com/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:08 AM
Because we don't call it a 'trash can' we call it a 'bin', so any time I type trash can (I type it because I don't know if American's know what a bin is) I hear myself trying to say it with an American twang.
Dream a Lot. It shows right near the top on Google so not that hard to find, but here's a link http://daydream58.com/

Thanks for the can...I guess you are from England? There are many American accents (just like England). From California, other Americans think we have no accent. I hear "twang" in southern accents..wish I could HEAR how you say "trash can"

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:23 AM
Australia, mate. We call it a rubbish bin. Even when I say 'trash' I want to make it a drawl.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th May 2019 at 5:51 AM
You too on the drawl ^ lol!

@grammapat I'm Australian and most times I just call it the bin, "Put it in the bin" not even the rubbish bin - too long! One thing to know about us is we shorten everything. I do know that there is more than one American accent, but Southern ones are probably easier for us to try and imitate. A bit like how most American's trying for an Aussie accent end up sounding British.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th May 2019 at 6:04 AM
Those Americans. Always talking trash.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2019 at 9:25 AM
Sophie-David has buyable mailboxes and modded mailboxes. I use the version that puts the AL apartment mailboxes at University dorms and Greek houses.

"AL Multi-Mailbox for Non-Apartment Use, with Universal Buyable Mailbox"
http://www.modthesims.info/d/413573...le-mailbox.html

I use the trash can from the link in joandsarah77's post above.
Alchemist
#11 Old 25th May 2019 at 12:23 PM
probably easier for us to try and imitate.

Yeah, "try" is the word. We use "garbage" a lot, too, but even there we have variation. Some Americans will say "garbage" is only things like food that compost while "trash" is more like paper, but others say they are synonymous, and some use "bin" but more likely for a large outdoor "dumpster," or just because they've picked it up from international use. Anyway, I still think stealing the thing from a lot is more fun than downloading it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2019 at 2:56 PM
Oh you Aussie chaps! I have such a love/hate relationship. And don't get me started on Ireland...
My fav accent is French. Can't even tell difference between Aussie and English (unless it's Cockney). Bet you can't tell difference between Texan and Oklahoma.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th May 2019 at 3:17 PM Last edited by grammapat : 26th May 2019 at 2:19 AM.
Default clarified
[QUOTE=RoxEllen1965]
Rox Ellen talked about a trash can she uses, but then talked about a link ... not to a trash can but to a mail box. My reply below was just in regards to that link.

=============
That actually does NOT have a buyable, residential trash can (that unsightly piece of crap thingy that American low-life people leave in the front yard, which is where they park their trashed cars and empty beer cans). As opposed to the recycle bin (which looks,around here, like a smaller trash can) as opposed to the garbage bin - which is a huge green thing that even the Sims has. Glad I could clear that up for ya'll Aussie types.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th May 2019 at 10:30 PM
What?? Now I'm really confused.

It has a buyable bin from near the mailbox, but if that isn't what you are after do you mean a paper basket? (lol watch that not be the word used either)

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#15 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:39 AM Last edited by Simonut : 26th May 2019 at 9:30 PM.
@joandsarah77 Thanks I did not know it was called Bin where you live at in the world yes us American always say Trash Can.
There are so many words we say here that is different over there in England.

Like we call the back of the car where you can place things in we call it "The Trunk" In England they call it the "Boot". Here in American when a car is going to travel a distance on the road we call it the "Free way" or Highway. Not sure if in England they call it "Road way" not sure. Sorry to be off topic but I love people way of talking.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:43 AM
It's the boot here as well

Also if you need petrol don't go asking for gas or they will show you the LPG gas bottles.

We say highway and freeway. Although the other day I was told parkway on a thread somewhere on here and I thought they meant a car park lol.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th May 2019 at 2:15 AM
What?? Now I'm really confused.

It has a buyable bin from near the mailbox, but if that isn't what you are after do you mean a paper basket? (lol watch that not be the word used either)

=
I linked to the wrong thing; I was referring to Roxellen's link, which ONLY is about the group mail box (like for apartments)

Theorist
#18 Old 26th May 2019 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Thanks I did not know it was called Bin where you live at in the world yes us American always say Trash Can.

I'm American, but never say "trash can" - have always called it a "trash bin". Growing up as a child, even my parents called it a "trash bin".

But, don't mind me, I also routinely say 'goodbye', 'thank you', 'hello' and other random conversational things in other languages. French and German words are often used between my husband and I, and I can (VERY roughly) understand some conversational Danish and Russian. Though, I'm planning on working on those languages and Icelandic more...one of these days.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard