Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 4:44 AM
Default Too Many Advisers
I hadn't played my Sims Medieval Pirates & Nobles in a long time, but I do know this has never happened to me before. I started a new kingdom and in the First Steps quest, even taking it before any other, I already have Advisers... Multiple Advisers. Four of them. And then when the First Steps quest reaches the part where you hire a new Adviser it adds a fifth! I've tried sending them to the pit, but the game just keeps giving me new Advisers. I've tried deleting and starting over, but it didn't help. Any advice?

Also the servant you get in that quest is already there at the start, but the game just uses the same one when it reaches that part of the quest and does not add a new one.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 4:58 AM
Ugh! Nevermind on the lacking in servants. I found two more waiting in another wing of the castle! Too many servants, too many advisers!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 5:46 AM
Huh, that's weird, do you use any mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
Huh, that's weird, do you use any mods?

The only mod I have on it that I can find is Grim's Core. Maybe a few hair mods. All of these were added long before I took my hiatus from playing and I never had trouble.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 12:28 AM
I ended up completely reinstalling my game and individually redownloading and installing fresh copies of the mods I could find. I did leave a few body sliders out that had never worked in the first place but I had been too lazy to remove long ago. The game no longer spawns excess servants and advisors. I am starting over on all of my kingdoms though, I did not reinstall my saved kingdoms file, so I don't know if that had something to do with. It was a great big pain, but at least the castle isn't crowded with too many people, now.
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaseva
I ended up completely reinstalling my game and individually redownloading and installing fresh copies of the mods I could find. I did leave a few body sliders out that had never worked in the first place but I had been too lazy to remove long ago. The game no longer spawns excess servants and advisors. I am starting over on all of my kingdoms though, I did not reinstall my saved kingdoms file, so I don't know if that had something to do with. It was a great big pain, but at least the castle isn't crowded with too many people, now.

I'm sorry that such drastic action was needed. I hope you have better luck in the future.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:00 PM
Oh no!! I'm so sorry I didn't see this sooner. I had the exact same problem- I had 5 advisors, 5 build master, 5 servants, I tried killing them and leaving one behind but the game just kept respawning them. this made my keep feel like a madhouse and I didn't get attached to any of them as characters, because they just felt like clones.
There is a mod that was responsible for this- Simmodder99's 'Populous: Increased Royal Attendants and Staffing'.
I also had to look all over the internet to find the culprit for the respawning NPC's. I play the sims medieval rarely and I do not remember which downloads I have put there last time.
I hope someone who gets this problem in the future will find this thread and see this.