Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM Last edited by 917893678251 : 28th Jun 2009 at 6:20 PM. Reason: editted title

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Screen goes black and crashes with weird l something display driver stopped responding
I get the same thing but on acer.
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:02 AM
^ I've split off your thread. You need to run the same temp check and update your drives same as the other user.

Drivers you will prob need to get through Acer.

Quote:

I would like to check for overheating too. Please download and run this program:http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php Leave it running while you attempt to play the game, and it will automatically record the maximum temperature your hardware reaches while you are gaming. Ideally you want to play -at least- 20minutes, but if things are crashing like that then you may not be able to do that. Play as long as you can. Screencap the results (print screen and paste into photo program) and post them here.

If the problems persist after a clean driver install then I would highly recommend not playing the game any more, as continuing to do so could total your computer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:17 PM Last edited by 917893678251 : 28th Jun 2009 at 6:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
^ I've split off your thread. You need to run the same temp check and update your drives same as the other user.

Drivers you will prob need to get through Acer.

Driver detective and other driver programs said my drivers are outdated but they said I have to pay to register.Any program to check it for free and update it for free?
The problem is it freezes and this error comes up with thus l..... something display driver stopped responding and then it freezes.
Regular:
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:00 PM
Driver detective not a reliable program. I've had to fix computers after they royally messed them up.

If you have a custom built computer you should refer to the manufacturer of the motherboard or the individual hardware to provide drivers. If you have a prebuilt then you can sometimes do that and often you need to refer to the manufacturer of the computer to get drivers.

Those temps are not after prolonged game play. Your HDD didn't move at all and your CPU only went up 4 degrees.. not possible. You need open the program FIRST and LEAVE it running while you play the game a minimum of 20min, or as long as you are able. Are you not able to run more than a few seconds or couple min? If it crashes immediately after loading then I guess that could possible. Your gpu isn't showing up at all. It could be there is no temp sensor and it could be you don't have the correct drivers installed.

If you need help finding drivers then you need to post your system specs: http://db.modthesims.info/wiki.php?...lp:System_Specs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:51 PM
It is probably overloading the video card.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
As mentioned what is your system specs, this will help us determine the problem better and more than likely it is the driver if you have a good card installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:48 AM
found the error from google,it was my video card,close pl0x