Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:19 PM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#52 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
Adds vacations. Something that has always been in the game?

Looks like this is more than just something with tents. A new career, insect collection, and vacations. It's fine if those things are not for you then just don't buy it.

The funny thing about vacations is how similar it is to playing a normal game without a job. The purpose of vacations was the luxury of doing things out of the home world that you normally wouldn't get to do at home. While WA sucked as a general vacation EP, it provided gameplay for players to engage in that was in stark contrast to what they normally do at home.

That gameplay didn't exactly make waves, but it provided a reason to go out and travel, mostly to learn new skills.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#53 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:33 AM Last edited by H.O.W : 18th Dec 2014 at 1:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The funny thing about vacations is how similar it is to playing a normal game without a job. The purpose of vacations was the luxury of doing things out of the home world that you normally wouldn't get to do at home. While WA sucked as a general vacation EP, it provided gameplay for players to engage in that was in stark contrast to what they normally do at home.

That gameplay didn't exactly make waves, but it provided a reason to go out and travel, mostly to learn new skills.

Well the location is the outdoors, so I'm guessing there will be things that we normally wouldn't do in the two regular worlds.

Vacation EPs are not my favorite either, but I'm just saying that every EP or GP or whatever they will call them can't please everyone. It does look like they are adding something, it may not be everyone's cup'o tea but it (with what little info we have) it does seem to be more to it than just tents and some new objects. It does seem to add gameplay, we just have to wait and see if that gameplay is any good.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Forum Resident
#54 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:52 AM
This is really our first real dlc? boring.
Retired
retired moderator
#55 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:56 AM
I really can't get excited. I always wanted an "outdoors" pack for TS3, but that was partly because of the big, wonderful open neighbourhood. TS4 feels so compartmentalised, and without any significant gains.

This looks like an EP I always dreamed of, but for a game I just don't like.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#56 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 1:21 AM
Seeing how desperate EA's been as of late I thought they would start out with family content. Camping adventures and text quests take priority I guess.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Field Researcher
#57 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 1:34 AM
This looks idiotic. Who WANTS stuff like this?
Instructor
#58 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
The new "call parents and teen siblings although my teen sibling is a teen but because they are the same height as my parents they get to do what they do and I get left behind and ask what they're doing on vacation" option on the cell phones!

If you think the children have it bad, imagine the poor babies. They would be warped to "daycare" via The Socialworkinator 9001, and considering that the vacations appear to be at least 2-3 days, they have to spend pretty much their entire babyhood stuck in stasis there.

That does bring up another question, will sims that are left behind age while the rest of the family is on a vacation?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I really can't get excited. I always wanted an "outdoors" pack for TS3, but that was partly because of the big, wonderful open neighbourhood. TS4 feels so compartmentalised, and without any significant gains.

This looks like an EP I always dreamed of, but for a game I just don't like.

100 x yes!

I feel like island Paradise was heading in that direction, but came up a tad short in that particular goal.

Camping, and outdoor living in general an an expansion pack can be done and can be done well if they choose to focus on it and make it unique.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:16 AM
Did they specify that there was a herbalist career? or are you guys speculating? That could just as well be a skill. Like become a gardener, a painter or an herbalist.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:23 AM
I want a new neighborhood. Not a vacation hood. Really only ONE vacation hood? What about the beach, Europe? I would die for a Ireland themed vacation or neighborhood. Love the feel, rolling plains, and castles....IDK. This just lacks any excitement from me.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
EA.

The only speculated information is usually specified with question marks. Now, if they cut something and it's just scrap code lying around, that's different.

That is not really an explanation. Did you call them and they told you? Did you find bits of code in the game/update? (if so, can you post them) Is the information gathered somewhere else and you can post a link?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#63 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
I want a new neighborhood. Not a vacation hood. Really only ONE vacation hood? What about the beach, Europe? I would die for a Ireland themed vacation or neighborhood. Love the feel, rolling plains, and castles....IDK. This just lacks any excitement from me.

They have done the beach every single time. This is a new vacation theme they have never explored before.

Quote: Originally posted by StopUsingMyUsername
Seeing how desperate EA's been as of late I thought they would start out with family content. Camping adventures and text quests take priority I guess.

This was rumored months ago though. The stuff they are adding in now have probably been in development for some time, they just now figure that it is ready to release or close to ready at least.

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:57 AM
The whole camping dlc doesn't really appeal to me at all since my favorite thing about the
outdoors is going back inside. I was kinda hoping for a dlc with a world/town editor and new towns.
Maybe someday...maybe.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:07 AM
I'm not trying to call anyone out. However, I can forsee the torches and pitchforks when the dlc is released and no new career is available- because that was the word, bird.
Instructor
#66 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:42 AM
Ohhh, it's one of these threads... Exciting
Retired
retired moderator
#67 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:07 AM
Quote:
I was kinda hoping for a dlc with a world/town editor and new towns.

This is definitely the one thing that might salvage the game for me. The sims might be kinda one-dimensional now, but I'm certain they will be fleshed out over time, but none of that really matters to me if I'm stuck in these hideously bright EA settings with almost no control over them. All the depth in the world can't make me like Willow Creek's radioactive palette.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#68 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:09 AM
Ok so, a GP and not an EP. Is a GP same as an SP? Is this the replacement for the Sims3 style Store? I hope so.

Anyways, I kinda wanna see inside tents, I've always wanted to see inside tents and trailers. Not really a problem since it's never been like that. The world/area/thing looks very small. Not surprised since our neighborhoods have like, 2 lots each (lol). And Granite Falls? They should hire someone just for the naming of worlds, I swear...

Will these new GP's gonna come with their own supernaturals? I can kinda see the whole aliens thing for the isolated areas/ woods theme; but are they still trying to stick space adventures down our throats? Gurl. Do you not hear the people? Rhetorical, we all know they don't.

I love how I talk like if I were to buy anything in the first place. *sips on banana juice*

Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I wonder what kids will be able to use while on vacation.

The "Children's Folding Chair."
Forum Resident
#69 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by g00d2day
I'm not trying to call anyone out. However, I can forsee the torches and pitchforks when the dlc is released and no new career is available- because that was the word, bird.

You're a real sunshine! Actually, most of us light there torches and bring pitches just over stuff that was promised, or should not have to be promised to be in the new game
Theorist
#70 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 7:03 AM
I might not buy it, but I'm relieved that they're at least attempting to put together something larger than "LOOK A SET OF CHAIRS! ... 20 bucks"

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#71 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 7:40 AM
They have done the beach every single time. This is a new vacation theme they have never explored before.

Huh? Ever hear of Three Lakes?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:14 AM
I don't really get the excitement. The $30 Vacation expansion from Sims 1 gave us a neighborhood with 3 distinct locations; beach, forest campground, winter mountain. It included all the respected outfits for each area. They came with midway games, hotels, tents and cabins as well as their own objects/interactions.

So skip ahead years later with Sims 4....for $20, I get a small 5 lot neighborhood, some camping stuff, a couple of new outfits and a new career. Boy have times changed.

They didn't just do camping. They gave us winter cabins and beach front hotels with midway games. As well as all the other interactions that come with camping and snowy environments.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by g00d2day

I also don't mean to call anybody out, it's just the only information I can find http://simsvip.com/2014/12/16/the-s...-pack-details/\
Take your Sims camping and explore the all-new destination of Granite Falls in The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat! just say the following:

• Wander into an all-new destination
• Setup camp with tents, coolers and campfires
• Outfit your Sims in new hiking gear
• Enjoy unique outdoor activities
• Become a herbalist

So I'm just curious where exactly the information about booking cabins and Sims getting tense without vacations (oh please no) and insect collection.

But yeah, they can keep their vacation mini-EP, I'm sitting this one out. Give me O4B and I'll e interested, or Fairies, or Aliens, or a Family EP, more, larger towns perhaps. But not effing camping.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#74 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ProfPlumbob
I don't really get the excitement. The $30 Vacation expansion from Sims 1 gave us a neighborhood with 3 distinct locations; beach, forest campground, winter mountain. It included all the respected outfits for each area. They came with midway games, hotels, tents and cabins as well as their own objects/interactions.

So skip ahead years later with Sims 4....for $20, I get a small 5 lot neighborhood, some camping stuff, a couple of new outfits and a new career. Boy have times changed.

They didn't just do camping. They gave us winter cabins and beach front hotels with midway games. As well as all the other interactions that come with camping and snowy environments.

You can't really compare the pricing of a game released over a decade ago. Games were priced differently then. They went up in price to $60 and that was I think a $10 raise from 50. So it makes sense that a EP then would be $30 then as it is $40 now.

How do you know how many lots are in this GP? No hint of how many has even come out yet,

You also get according to the hidden files. Insect collection. Herbalist career or skill. Vacationing period, a new world, new items, objects & clothes (Which would very likely include new animations). This is all according to the featured list and the game files that these things could be in the GP. Will there be cabins in this GP? No one knows, we've seen tents we have not seen the world though. Even so this is not a EP so comparing it to that is a little unfair.

The Sims 3 Vacation EP wasn't even really a vacation EP. WA was about adventuring and Isle Paradiso was a tropical world.

No one is going to be excited about every new content they release. That's fine though, but people are sometimes way too harsh when their favorite EP or whatever isn't being released. I highly, highly, highly doubt they will skip out on beaches, they have never done that. It just happens that this is what they planned to release first

If the GP is replacing the SP than actually Kudos to EA. They were charging $20 for sets of beds and chairs and doing that for a while. Also it is a GP according to their standards, maybe the EPs will have a ton more stuff. We really don't know yet as we have no idea about the first EP except some strong rumors that there will be EPs.

EDIT: So in ending, we don't know what they will do. Maybe they will have another tropical world for beaches? Another winter n'hood to go along with seasons EP? Yeah TS1 had all that stuff but remember in those days you had to release things now or never. There was no going back for DLCs. They either put all that stuff in that EP or release it to another EP or not at all. Nowadays they can release DLC packs like this.

Scholar
#75 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StopUsingMyUsername

Text quests are easy to make. Just a writer to make a series of dialog boxes.

EA should make an old-school text adventure. Complete with finicky parser so You Can't Get Ye Flask (you have to "grab" it). Or maybe they should make a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure type book. This kind of "gameplay" does not belong in a big-budget graphical game.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Page 3 of 185