Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 9:12 PM
Default Curious to know your experiences with the surf mod
I wanted to know if any of you had the Surf's Up Mod and how it played, if it played well and your overall experience with it. I am interested in getting it but not sold on it yet. I know reading feedback/thanks can be an indicator but I find most of those comments come before a person actually plays with it and then they may or may not come back (if they do it usually didn't work for them and they want help).

So what, if applicable, are your experiences with it?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:07 PM
It's a cute mod. The interactions are nice but go by pretty quickly. I would use it more for picture taking than actual playing.

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lorinsv60
It's a cute mod. The interactions are nice but go by pretty quickly. I would use it more for picture taking than actual playing.

Do you find it the body skill and fitness hobby benefit your sims while they are on vacation and decide to surf? Or does it happen too slowly to really get use of?

Forum Resident
#4 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:25 PM
It was a while ago that I played with it and I don't really remember how quickly their Body skill bars rose. What I do remember is it took a lot of clicking/commanding to keep them surfing, so I would say probably not? I was more impressed by how it looked than how it played, and I only felt the need to do it once.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 10:55 PM
Also be aware it creates an NPC. I thought it was fun when I first got it but haven't really used it much since. probably because what they do is so short, which can't be helped as sim beaches are short.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also be aware it creates an NPC. I thought it was fun when I first got it but haven't really used it much since. probably because what they do is so short, which can't be helped as sim beaches are short.

So it just creates one NPC and as long as you leave the mod in your downloads folder, that shouldn't cause corruption right?

Forum Resident
#7 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
Also want to add, I intend to keep using it, but mainly for photo ops.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 12:45 AM
Yes, you must keep the NPC. Pulling it is the same as deleting any sim you can see- immediate corruption.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Charmful : 6th Apr 2015 at 1:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes, you must keep the NPC. Pulling it is the same as deleting any sim you can see- immediate corruption.

@ joandsarah77 Does the NPC manifest as an object? Or is the Mod itself just an NPC? Sorry I am a bit confused because like with the farm animals, each farm animal creates a new NPC. So for the surf mod, is there something physically being placed from the catalog that causes the NPC?

It says on there "a cart object which holds the Sim and a routing NPC" but is that something you placed into the water or something?