Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#10926 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM
TIL that Sometimes, a genie comes out of her lamp not in her genie outfit.

I guess she really wanted to use the water slide. She was using it until nightfall.

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Scholar
#10927 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 3:41 AM
I know that I am a bit late with University EP, but anyway I discovered today that you can pick up street art commissions and they pay very well. This is very helpful. Especially after becoming dirt poor from receiving fines because I obviously had to tag every single building in the neighbourhood :/ And then the police takes you back to the dorm and scolds at you, while you try to block their view so they can't see that the dormitory is covered in graphiti.

*tags this post*
Lab Assistant
#10928 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:53 AM
I discovered that toddlers can read toddler books by themselves. I had no idea. One of my sims randomly left a toddler book lying around on the floor, and the next time I switched over to the toddler, it was reading the book by itself. Pretty cool. Is this a base game function? Or might it be a mod? I've just never seen it before.
Top Secret Researcher
#10929 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
I know that I am a bit late with University EP, but anyway I discovered today that you can pick up street art commissions and they pay very well. This is very helpful. Especially after becoming dirt poor from receiving fines because I obviously had to tag every single building in the neighbourhood :/ And then the police takes you back to the dorm and scolds at you, while you try to block their view so they can't see that the dormitory is covered in graphiti.

*tags this post*

You can pick up money at the administration building using the "apply for extra funds" option. 2,500 simolians for start, up to 5,000 if you max out your grades.
I usually go for two weeks and take the minimum units just to do some age free leveling up and to get about 40,000 simolians. If you do one week at a time, you have to start over leveling out your school performance the second week, while two weeks you don't have to (so that's more money!). The problem is you can't just go ever day at 5 AM, because it makes you wait 24 hours from when you LEAVE the administration building, not when you go in. So, the time you can apply slowly creeps forward. Still, if you're going science track it's worth it until you get to where you can clone plasma bugs... then don't bother.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#10930 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
I discovered that toddlers can read toddler books by themselves. I had no idea. One of my sims randomly left a toddler book lying around on the floor, and the next time I switched over to the toddler, it was reading the book by itself. Pretty cool. Is this a base game function? Or might it be a mod? I've just never seen it before.

It's an in-game function.
Scholar
#10931 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:14 PM
That enrolling University can be very profitable. When going back for 3rd term to complete the Fine Arts degree, I kept my grades up by only doing Street Arts commisions (wish I knew 1st and 2nd term ). 2000 for each small wall art (might have lifetime happiness rewards to raise this, not sure) The Street Arts skill also lvls very fast this way, because part of the reward seems to be also skill up. This feels very OP to me, but now I can go back and buy a nice house. And have money for my weird science sim to attend uni. He already builds plumbots without any relevant education, so best to put him in a safe environment I guess (meaning, away from my other sim).

Didn't realise I missed TS3 so much (Oh and so far no lag at all with my new pc, NRAAS suite of mods and ellacharmed fixed worlds )
Scholar
#10932 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:16 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 4th Jan 2018 at 9:40 PM.
I learned you can can edit a world in caw that already has a save attached to it. I began playtesting a world I had edited and got all my settings and edits just right only to find out I need to make bigger changes in caw. I still had my caw files so I edited the world in caw again and re-exported then cleared caches and all the old version files. I re-entered my save and everything is fine so far. The interactions and chosen household seemed to be the only things that were dropped. Cant believe I was scared to try this all this time.
(and my resources which tagged the world as Asian)
Mad Poster
#10933 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I learned you can can edit a world in caw that already has a save attached to it. I began playtesting a world I had edited and got all my settings and edits just right only to find out I need to make bigger changes in caw. I still had my caw files so I edited the world in caw again and re-exported then cleared caches and all the old version files. I re-entered my save and everything is fine so far. The interactions and chosen household seemed to be the only things that were dropped. Cant believe I was scared to try this all this time.
(and my resources which tagged the world as Asian)

That's awesome. I'd be all over this if I could get CAW to work.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#10934 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
That's awesome. I'd be all over this if I could get CAW to work.

Caw used to give me issues until I started using a new computer that being said this method does not transfer world resources and ini files at least..I think so...anyway...I ended up having to start over anyway - u -
Scholar
#10935 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:27 PM
Sims with the Natural Cook trait have more success when discovering potions than other sims even at lower logic levels.
Scholar
#10936 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:56 PM
That I love plumbot crafting as a crazy scientist in a cellar on a tropical island. I like how they are very efficient cleaners and gardeners. Just don't give them a music chip.
Anyway, I like how much thought has gone into customising plumbots. The only thing missing here for my current steampunky gameplay is graveyard robbing and bringing a corpse back to life during a thunderstorm.
Field Researcher
#10937 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Caw used to give me issues until I started using a new computer that being said this method does not transfer world resources and ini files at least..I think so...anyway...I ended up having to start over anyway - u -

I haven't installed CAW yet on my new pc, any chance you're using win 10 and patch level 1.67?

I haven't really played sims since the pets came out so I'm constantly finding new things. Today I noticed that sims who have the night owl trait can be asked how late they stayed up. Nice detail, pretty useless in the grand scheme of things but still, a nice detail.
Instructor
#10938 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:25 PM

Two Sims can fish out of the same boat if you go boating together and then fish together - they interact and gain r/ship skill as they fish!
WOW!!! I HAD NO CLUE!!!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Scholar
#10939 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:15 AM
You can fish in the old mill water wheel andddd in my case there are a lot of sharks in this seemingly contained water source.
Scholar
#10940 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:02 AM
I discovered that certain EP specific skills count for University progression (Martial Arts, Riding, Alchemy etc). I like the added roleplay value. This way you can make it seem as if you get a scholarship for something specific instead of just the base game skills. (I am currently meditating through University :p)
Top Secret Researcher
#10941 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:49 AM
I discovered something really terrible while once again trying for the perfect game.
I was felt something I've not felt since college taking econ 101... I was... BORED!
I've been playing for 10 years in just about every free moment... why would I be bored?

Sims are better than us.
#10942 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:47 AM
I discovered that my microphone was unplugged and I had recorded for about 40 minutes with just the game sound but I guess that's not really specific to Sims 3 itself.

I discovered that a character can glitch their picture away if they try to sleep in the wrong bed.
Field Researcher
#10943 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:54 AM Last edited by bellakenobi : 17th Jan 2018 at 2:58 PM.
Few days ago I discovered that sims can talk to each other while one is on the bathtub and the other on a hot tub

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Alchemist
#10944 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Today I discovered the Genie "Ensorcell" interaction. I had no idea this was in the game because I play aliens, witches and fairies... I've been playing this game for years and didn't know this! I assumed it just made the sim clean house like alien mind control. Alien mind control is totally disappointing! Genie Ensorcell makes NPC sims a player character for 4 sim hours. Not sure what I'd do with them tho' besides tend garden, and most NPC sims aren't very good at that. I knew about the "summon food" and "make house clean and sparkly" interactions; I never tried ensorcell I thought it made the NPC clean house but why would I do that if I can magically make the house clean? What does "Banish sim" do? Is the sim gone for good or what?

"Banish Sim" is like resetting the Sim, I think. It sends Sims home, or something like that.

Ensorcelling Sim allows you to access their inventory... Good if you want to give them stuff at instant... or even take theirs.

Making house clean and sparkly cleans up bar drinks and nectars. Don't use it too much if you want to avoid cleaning them up accidentally.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#10945 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 12:32 PM Last edited by Elynda : 17th Jan 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Yes, I find having a genie on the lot very helpful. At the moment I'm working on a story update and, even though the character with genie powers hasn't really come into it yet, she's been making herself very useful off camera. Which, considering she's supposed to be a creature of ancient and unspeakable evil, is rather amusing.

As for me, I've just discovered the wonders of teleportation whilst using 'testingcheatsenabled'. Up till now, whilst story telling, I've been moving sims about using 'moveobjects' which has the disadvantage of getting sims very confused: they start sinking though floors, route failing, or finishing up in the oddest places. Which on a large complicated lot can be very confusing, and having to keep re-setting them rather tedious. So the ability just shift-click on the ground where you want them to go and select 'Teleport Me Here' is a great boon. I just wish I'd known about it before: it would have saved me a lot of hassle!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#10946 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:11 PM
Wow, you can talk while fishing AND while bathing!

I have been testing my own CC so I took most of the mods out, including the mod that prevents the uni mascot showing up. Holy cow they look awful with that texturing. Also they doing that cringey gagnam horse dance whatever. I know the next thing im going to try mod out.. Really, I wasn't prepared to this.

Alchemist
#10947 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
I have been testing my own CC so I took most of the mods out, including the mod that prevents the uni mascot showing up. Holy cow they look awful with that texturing. Also they doing that cringey gagnam horse dance whatever. I know the next thing im going to try mod out.. Really, I wasn't prepared to this.

I think this is the mod I use to disallow the dance: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...niversity-life/
It's so annoying, sims used to spontaneously break out into dance all the time.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#10948 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:23 PM
My sim married the mascot and there's actually two different costumes they can wear. The gnome one is less terrible. Also the mascot change is heritable and transferable to spouses. (I wouldn't normally marry an NPC but it's a Nothing is Free challenge and the mailman was playing hard to get.)
Field Researcher
#10949 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:53 PM
@sweetdevil haha you're being super helpful, answering my questions everywhere :D

There is a gnome costume?! "Also the mascot change is heritable and transferable to spouses" oh great that wouldn't get old fast like the WA songs
Page 438 of 490